Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Going to be ugly at the Blues in about 2 years time

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Albert Parker 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:56 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

watt price tully wrote:
I'm not sure why so many people think Thomas is done for. Yes he's been injured for the last year & a half.

Carrrrlton's Dr's have examined his ankle, done their due diligence. They aren't stupid. Thomas is a match-winner.

He will complement their team.

Betts will be a loss.

If they pick up Chappie then it will be for very little expense. He's shown how good he is.

Either or both Thomas & Chapman may succumb to injury. If they don't other teams need to watch out.

This year, they were close to the 8 before being gifted a place. They won a final, we didn't.

I think Thomas was a sound pick up, but like any 'acquisition' the price must be right and in a salary-capped world, I think they've paid too much.

I think Chapman (throw in Daniel Cross?) is a mistake. Their realistic flag window is not 2 years and that's all that Chapman will last. The move smacks of an older coach desperately trying to dress up short term results at the expense of longer term success.

But to an extent, their medium-term problem has been cast by poor recruitment performance in the past few years.

It's what's positively distinguished Geelong, Hawthorn the Swans and Collingwood in the past few years. We have consistently drafted and traded better than our peers.

A finals win this year again puts them behind us & Richmond in the draft when we finished 3-4 games clear of the Blues across the H&A series. The finals win may provide belief, but it makes their job a little bit harder in my opinion. They are a long way off the pace and Thomas in/Betts out doesn't improve things much.

Last edited by Albert Parker on Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:45 am; edited 1 time in total
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:14 am

Things will get ugly at the blues in one year.

They will not make the 8 next season and then the rumblings will start.
mackasmatt 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:20 am

They won 1 more final than us this year and have given Mick more freedom in team development.. so let's not jump the gun.

Players of note..

Defenders: Jamison, Henderson, Walker, Yarran
Mids: Judd, Murphy, Gibbs, Thomas, Carrazzo, Simpson, McLean
Rucks: Kreuzer, Warnock
Forwards: Waite, ?

Haven't had a big key forward since Fevola's final season in 2009.

----------
------------
joffa corfe 

PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:09 am

Once a shitrag always a shitrag Smile
sixpoints 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:27 am

If Carlton are naive enough to think that deservedly finishing ninth, getting a lucky promotion into the finals, having an aged Judd on one knee getting them to win that final is a sign that they "are on the way up" etc then I'm ecstatic.
How delusional are they?
Remember at the start of 2013 some pundits had the Scum in their top four predictions? They finished ninth.
MM you've got 2014 or there will be tears.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:25 am

I for one can't believe the hierarchy are going along with it all. Recruiting so many old players with injury clouds. Seems crazy, how they think they will compete with some of the super fit strong teams going now is beyond me. Yes chappy is still a bit tough smart unit, but he has the stamina of Hugo from lost. It's worked before, buying up players with experience close to their use by date. Bt not this damaged.

One thing though, I really don't think they were gifted the finals spot. The bombers should never have played the season in my mind. Money was the long thing keeping them in. They should have got the spoon, not just nineth. With no picks for at least 2 years.

So that's one thing I won't chuck at bloooos fans.

Essendon are a fricken disgrace, and I hope those notices come out ASAP and put the whole thing to rest before it wrecks another season.

Life ban for the tird. Anything less is a joke.

R_T_RUSH 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:06 am

Brian Lake - Norm Smith
Darren Jolly - premiership ruckman
Stuart Dew - matchwinner in a GF
Cameron Ling - smothered Pendlebury in a 2nd half turn around GF win

Not always the answer - but history shows the right blend of experience and youth can work well.

The intangibles that a professional experienced new comer brings to a club (E.g Luke Ball) are also worth considering
Darkstranger 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:45 am

watt price tully wrote:
I'm not sure why so many people think Thomas is done for. Yes he's been injured for the last year & a half.

Carrrrlton's Dr's have examined his ankle, done their due diligence. They aren't stupid. Thomas is a match-winner.

Betts will be a loss.

If they pick up Chappie then it will be for very little expense. He's shown how good he is.

Either or both Thomas & Chapman may succumb to injury. If they don't other teams need to watch out.

THis year, they were close to the 8 before being gifted a place. They won a final, we didn't.

Thats one way of looking at it.
mandy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:04 am

watt price tully wrote:

Betts will be a loss.

THis year, they were close to the 8 before being gifted a place. They won a final, we didn't.

I think this us where your argument falls over.

#SIDEBYSIDE
Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:58 am

Darkstranger wrote:
watt price tully wrote:

Betts will be a loss.

Thats one way of looking at it. The other way is that you're a D**k head? Get off our board scum.

Now I have heard it all. WPT now being referred to as Scum.

There are many things that WPT and I do not see eye to eye on but to suggest he is a Carlscum supporter is insulting and ludicrous.
rocketronnie 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:49 pm

Malthouse brought in a few older experienced players at Collingwood and it helped get us into two losing grand finals. It bought him time to what he wanted. Whether Carlton have the base in the playing group as of now to do something similar remains to be seen. I think not but you never know.
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:51 pm

Yep it's looking ugly
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:59 pm

Culprit wrote:
Yep it's looking ugly

Ugh, I just threw up

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:43 pm

Member 7167 wrote:
Darkstranger wrote:
watt price tully wrote:

Betts will be a loss.

Thats one way of looking at it. The other way is that you're a D**k head? Get off our board scum.

There are many things that WPT and I do not see eye to eye on but to suggest he is a Carlscum supporter is insulting and ludicrous.

Yes, Member. I've just seen this. It saddens me to see WPT referred to in this way.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:45 pm

Member 7167 wrote:
Darkstranger wrote:
watt price tully wrote:

Betts will be a loss.

Thank you Member.

It seems Dark stranger's password has been hacked. No other person would admit to being such an idiot with such a foolish response. How embarrassing for Dark stranger. Whoever hacked into his account not only made him look like an utter fool but looks like they got out of kinder a bit early.

Never mind, I really do feel sorry for him though. Fancy someone using his name next to an utterly stupid post like that. Who ever that person was who hacked into his account & stole his password needs a lot of help. Managing one's impulses can be hard when you're 8 years old (with apologies to other 8 yr olds).

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5   

Jump to: