Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

The game day experience for Collingwood supporters

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:30 am
Post subject: The game day experience for Collingwood supportersReply with quote

as many of you know i attend a lot of footy. throughout the season i have a myriad of experiences from the sublime to the ridiculous.

i know clubs and the afl survey fans about what they want to see and hear at the footy when they attend. society in general has made a significant shift to identifying, defining and improving the "customer experience". we know this from the multitude of surveys that get shoved in our faces from a range of providers. some of you may be familiar with the concept of nps (net promoter score usually used in business) which measures how likely someone is to promote a business to friends and family. a shift upwards of an nps score can translate into many millions of dollars in increased profits.

most entities are taking on board what their customers are saying. i sometimes wonder whether the afl and its clubs do actually implement things the fans (aka customers) want. i'd like to think that introducing cheerleaders was not done on a whim because someone got an upskirt look when in the states recently; there is presumably a demand for this.

this latest cheerleader thing got me thinking about all the "game day experiences" that i think are shite.

call me old fashioned but i do not like ...

the blairing music. i do actually like to be able to hear the game analysis on my radio and talking with my mates without having to shout.
the new mcg siren.
the kiss, hug, stick your tongue in someone's ear cam.
the fake roar of the crowd that is played in conjunction with the siren at the start of each quarter.
afl9s being played instead of watching the auskick kids.
james sherry and co crapping on before and during the game.
the fact that the mcg home games do not feel like collingwood home games - i go to etihad and you know instantly whose home game it is.
being made to feel like it is a crime when you wander to another section of the ground where your seat isn't.
being treated like i am an add seppo.

there are some things i do like ...

the new screens at the g
tweet the crowd
the footy. oh yes, that great game we call ours. it's why i go week in week out.

feel free to add yours.

Albert Parker 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:04 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Sympathetic with the views above. In no order I'll add

- Think the activities outside the G on Brunton Avenue where kids can kick goals etc is good. One the Pies always win.
- Auskick at half time
- GF sprint
- Holly McSweeney who wanders around with Glen Moriarty at half time at the G
- Pies destroying their opponents
- My seats on level 1 of the Ponsford stand behind the goals
- While a member, I think non-member ticket prices are pretty affordable (as little as $25 adult, $5 kids up to 14 at the MCG)
- having 2 Stadiums in relatively close proximity to my office and home
- lower free kick count and less obtrusive umpiring this season

Dislikes
- Poor music acts as GF entertainment
- Centre Square bounces and their constant recall
- Kisscam
- Exhorbitant prices for food and drink
- Pies home games at Etihad
- slow responses on goal reviews
- constant rule changes and the ongoing AFL equalisation efforts which I regard as reward for poor admininstration in many cases
- the amount of betting advertising at the ground
- the absence of reserves or TAC games beforehand
- having to pay to access pre-season games when I am a Club5/Legends member
- seeming decline of the Pies Cheer Squad

didick 

didick

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:32 am

Dislikes:
Sunday twilight games;
High food prices and poor value for money;
Betting advertising.

Other than that I'm pretty happy.

Stupied 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:47 am
Post subject: Re: The game day experience for Collingwood supportersReply with quote

John Wren wrote:
as many of you know i attend a lot of footy. throughout the season i have a myriad of experiences from the sublime to the ridiculous.

i know clubs and the afl survey fans about what they want to see and hear at the footy when they attend. society in general has made a significant shift to identifying, defining and improving the "customer experience". we know this from the multitude of surveys that get shoved in our faces from a range of providers. some of you may be familiar with the concept of nps (net promoter score usually used in business) which measures how likely someone is to promote a business to friends and family. a shift upwards of an nps score can translate into many millions of dollars in increased profits.

most entities are taking on board what their customers are saying. i sometimes wonder whether the afl and its clubs do actually implement things the fans (aka customers) want. i'd like to think that introducing cheerleaders was not done on a whim because someone got an upskirt look when in the states recently; there is presumably a demand for this.

this latest cheerleader thing got me thinking about all the "game day experiences" that i think are shite.

the blairing music. i do actually like to be able to hear the game analysis on my radio and talking with my mates without having to shout.
the new mcg siren.
the fake roar of the crowd that is played in conjunction with the siren at the start of each quarter.
afl9s being played instead of watching the auskick kids.
the fact that the mcg home games do not feel like collingwood home games - i go to etihad and you know instantly whose home game it is.
being made to feel like it is a crime when you wander to another section of the ground where your seat isn't.
being treated like i am an add seppo.

there are some things i do like ...

the new screens at the g
tweet the crowd
the footy. oh yes, that great game we call ours. it's why i go week in week out.

feel free to add yours.

Pretty much agree with all of that. I hate all the rubbish clubs and the AFL are throwing around now branded as 'entertainment'. I go to the footy to watch footy, not to see randoms hugging and kissing each other on a tv. I have plenty of DVDs at home if that's what I want to see Shocked
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:32 pm

I don't like the way the blaring noise (including blaring crowd noise recorded at past games) and the "countdown" take the crowd out of the picture. There's little sense of mass "crowd-anticipation" of the kind we used to experience at old-style home and away games. The constant high-level of background noise from massive PA systems makes the noise about the game directed from the actual spectators seem all a bit trivial.
Hiss Taurus

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 5:23 pm
Post subject: HmmmmmReply with quote

Not much about the modern piss weak family game atmosphere.

Dislikes:

Excessive food and drink rip off prices
Sanitised atmosphere
Regulated Cheer Squad
Lack of Pies fan passion lately
Dining Prices at our so called Magpies rooms
Lack of proper social club
Not enough Friday night and saturday footy
Too much PA pollution noise with announcements and ads
Crap half time entertainment need more adult stuff
Car parking rip off prices

So AFL and Collingwood in your corporate seats and up ground exclusive car parks, stop treating your fans as someone to make money off and respect us more with some decent affordable prices and value. Makes me sick to see them all driving into the ground and enjoying the best food and seats while we suffer.

uuuuu..... The LoneSTAR 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 5:38 pm

I pretty much go to the footy,.... for the footy!
Not too fussed about being 'entertained' at the ground before the game, between quarters AND certainly NOT during any intervals like goals.

My experienced is enhanced by the big screen showing live play, stats and replays. Gotta have a pie & beer. Sitting together with fellow members of the Collingwood army in allocated bays is awesome. The little radio that allows members of the crowd to listen to the umpires microphones live [+ optional match commentary] was a great concept.

Improvements? Well, heated seats at the G would be nice Smile
If they really want me there earlier, I might show up to watch the VFL team or I guess pretty much any game of footy - kids, social teams,
John Wren Virgo

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:22 pm

went along to etihad and had almost the perfect night tonight.

you knew it was an essendon home game. they gave an "experience" to a supporter and allowed her to be a part of the team coming onto the ground.

there was little noise from the pa system. progress stats and game info were flashed up on the screen. the auskick kids were back. the game was competitive.

and, best of all, i got to see mutliple conniptions from both teams sets of supporters. that alone was worth the price of entry.

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:31 pm
Post subject: Re: The game day experience for Collingwood supportersReply with quote

John Wren wrote:

the blairing music. i do actually like to be able to hear the game analysis on my radio
the fact that the mcg home games do not feel like collingwood home games

Those plus the biggest problem of the AFL, stadiums and ticketing agencies all banding together to rip off your basic membership holder by forcing/coercing us to buy a reserved seat when you should be able to just rock up on the day/night early enough in the knowledge you'll be able to get a seat.

Outside of Anzac day and I guess finals there is no need for pre selling so many seats.

Why should I have to pay anything up to $34 for a seat in years gone by I would have gotten for no extra charge by simply swiping my membership card and walking in.

This is especially grating when crowd numbers end up being tens of thousands below capacity.

Hopefully crowd numbers will suffer this season because of it and it will force a change.

larrylj Pisces

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 5:59 am

Old fashioned rant from an old fashioned girl:
*Aussie rules is played on a footy GROUND--not a field or a park
*On field adjudicators of the game are called UMPIRES -not referees
* The bloke who teaches the team the game plan is called a COACH--not a Manager
* Players wear a footy JUMPER --not a Guernsey
*Collingwood always wear BLACK and WHITE stripes--not some weird mixture
*Collingwood do NOT have dancing girls!!!

Let's have more footy and less "entertainment" Thanks and Go Pies!

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 6:31 am

swoop42 wrote:
John Wren wrote:

the blairing music. i do actually like to be able to hear the game analysis on my radio
the fact that the mcg home games do not feel like collingwood home games

Those plus the biggest problem of the AFL, stadiums and ticketing agencies all banding together to rip off your basic membership holder by forcing/coercing us to buy a reserved seat when you should be able to just rock up on the day/night early enough in the knowledge you'll be able to get a seat.

Outside of Anzac day and I guess finals there is no need for pre selling so many seats.

Why should I have to pay anything up to $34 for a seat in years gone by I would have gotten for no extra charge by simply swiping my membership card and walking in.

This is especially grating when crowd numbers end up being tens of thousands below capacity.

Hopefully crowd numbers will suffer this season because of it and it will force a change.

Yep that's why I upgraded to mcg legend, though a reserve seat ticket might have been wiser this year! Over continually forking out for reserved seat and then getting stick with a bunch of opposing arseholes, looking forward to sitting at the g with Collingwood people. And decent seats on Anzac Day,

Food drink prices don't really bother me,I try not to eat too much crap, it's another incentive to eat before or take my own food. The music not fussed, probably cos I'm deaf anyway, I don't like canned cheering. And I don't like the goal movies! I don't need to see "goal" up in lights, show me a replay

I would really like a notice between quarters that says

Please be thoughtful when returning to your seat, and don't obstruct play from those seated while a goal is being attempted. (For good kicking teams insert kicked)

drives me $£$%^%%$ mad, get your drinks and fat food during the break. And arrive on time. Those that come in looking for a seat as the game starts, have a brain, get there earlier or go up higher, don't expect a seat to magically appear, and just get out of my $£$%^%%$ line of vision.

That's what pisses me off!

Oh and our embarrassing cheer squad, return of the ferals please

Last edited by think positive on Sat Mar 29, 2014 6:38 am; edited 1 time in total
John Wren Virgo

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 6:36 am

swoop42 wrote:

44k and change last night for what should have been a sellout.

Hiss Taurus

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 7:46 am
Post subject: HmmmmmReply with quote

John Wren wrote:
went along to etihad and had almost the perfect night tonight.

you knew it was an essendon home game. they gave an "experience" to a supporter and allowed her to be a part of the team coming onto the ground.

there was little noise from the pa system. progress stats and game info were flashed up on the screen. the auskick kids were back. the game was competitive.

and, best of all, i got to see mutliple conniptions from both teams sets of supporters. that alone was worth the price of entry.

"Went along to Etihad and had almost the perfect night....." Hmmmmm at an Essendon Hawthorn game. Side by Side haha! How could any Pies fan watch two mortal enemy Clubs and have a perfect night? Side by Side with the enemy? This is an outrageous post. You are a plant !

sixpoints 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 7:53 am

^ JW. A piss & poo plant?
A Maybloom?
John Wren Virgo

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:27 am

sixpoints wrote:
^ JW. A piss & poo plant?
A Maybloom?

i am pretty sure i saw spindog sitting proudly in the members' allocation. and. i think he was sitting next to bertha. hiss, do you know bertha's whereabouts last night?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3   

Jump to: