Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Contacting the AFL

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Greening gold 

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 12:19 am
Post subject: Contacting the AFLReply with quote

Anyone know an address for sending an email to the AFL? The two "contact us" links on their website go to freaking Telstra. I don't want to talk to Telstra, I want to talk to someone at the AFL.

My issue? Abbott Hockey has closed down the Australia Network, which means AFL will no longer be shown in 44 countries in the Asia Pacific region - all for the 'savings' of $20 million a year, which is chump change for a govt.

Yes I can subscribe to the AFL as an overseas resident and pay about $140 a year to watch any game on live streaming, which I would happily do if I lived in a country where the internet was capable of live streaming. But I don't - in fact it's a battle to get unbroken audio streaming on my PC, let alone video.

So I want to know if the AFL has any alternative contingency for broadcasting live coverage of the games (preferably on free-to-air) on any alternative networks now that Julie Bishop has trashed Australia Network along with the globally-recognised AusAID brand. My local sportsbar in Vientiane, the Highlander, shows live rugby union, rugby league and soccer from Setanta, and AFL from Australia Network.

I am having a warm pants feeling about the flag this season - if the planets line up with the ducks I reckon we could be a show. I was overseas in 1990 and home in Australia for the draw in 2010 and then on a QF out of Sydney departing 3/4 time for the replay. I saw the Pies lose in all their GFs between and including 66-80. Actually the more I think about it, the better for the Pies if I don't get to see them.

Anyway, anyone know how I can email Gillon McLachlan>

jack 

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 1:02 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in Beijing and really appreciate the coverage of AFL given by ABC Asia Pacific.
The last time it was under threat, the Asian footy leagues organised a petition which I duly signed. I got a non-committal form response from some public servant Sad
I think it will exist for a while yet, and then the Libs will give it to their mate Murdoch. That was going to happen even under Labor until the excrement hit the air-conditioning over the phone tampering. But now that's forgotten, and, hey, what's a little phone tampering between friends?
Given Murdoch's previous connections to NRL (Super League, anyone?), I suspect AFL will be dumped and we will get an inferior, delayed product from Setanta or someone.
Maybe it's time to come home ...
Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 9:49 am

When the AFL live app began it was great because you could stream it from your iPhone to your TV via Apple TV. Now you can't, which is no doubt thanks to Foxtel's intervention. Greedy bastards! That sucks!
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 10:51 am

Apprently they're good at responding on their twitter feed @afl.

And you could try this... generalenquiries@afl.com.au

Found it with a google search.

Also note that other AFL email addresses appear to be <first name>.<second name>@AFL.com.au so it might be fun to throw a few CC's into your email.
Greening gold 

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 5:35 pm

jackcass wrote:
Apprently they're good at responding on their twitter feed @afl.

And you could try this... generalenquiries@afl.com.au

Found it with a google search.

Also note that other AFL email addresses appear to be <first name>.<second name>@AFL.com.au so it might be fun to throw a few CC's into your email.

Thanks - I'm onto it. I've also emailed Greg Baum about this matter.

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 9:20 pm
Post subject: Re: Contacting the AFLReply with quote

Greening gold wrote:
My issue? Abbott Hockey has closed down the Australia Network, which means AFL will no longer be shown in 44 countries in the Asia Pacific region - all for the 'savings' of $20 million a year, which is chump change for a govt.

With all due respect, but with such a budget, $20 million IS a lot. The alternative is keep this network and sack 200 employees. Try telling them they are losing their jobs so we can televise AFL overseas.

It's up the AFL to fund this, not the Government.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: