Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Hawks injuries continue - good for us!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Az 

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 5:44 pm
Post subject: Hawks injuries continue - good for us!Reply with quote

Josh Gibson has torn his pectoral. Hawks have reported he will be out of action for 10 weeks. This adds to the list of their stars that will be out of our round 14 clash which definitely boosts our chances of finally putting them away in just over a month.

Those that will definitely be out are Mitchell, Gibson, Whitecross and Anderson with the potential of being without Rioli and Lake who are both listed at being 4 weeks away.

I never like to be happy about opposition players getting seriously injured, but I have to admit it instills a lot more confidence when we know that they'll be without at least 2 of their top 5 players, with potentially more. They are starting to look reminiscent of the Pies circa 2011/2012.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 5:50 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

About time they had some Injuries.

They have had a Good Run

Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 6:01 pm

I'd rather they were at full strength.

Not interested in hollow victories.

It's a game. Enjoy it. Very Happy
Doc63 

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 6:08 pm
Post subject: Re: Hawks injuries continue - good for us!Reply with quote

Az wrote:
Josh Gibson has torn his pectoral. Hawks have reported he will be out of action for 10 weeks. This adds to the list of their stars that will be out of our round 14 clash which definitely boosts our chances of finally putting them away in just over a month.

Those that will definitely be out are Mitchell, Gibson, Whitecross and Anderson with the potential of being without Rioli and Lake who are both listed at being 4 weeks away.

I never like to be happy about opposition players getting seriously injured, but I have to admit it instills a lot more confidence when we know that they'll be without at least 2 of their top 5 players, with potentially more. They are starting to look reminiscent of the Pies circa 2011/2012.

I was thinking the same thing. Start the season on fire, then little things start to go wrong, and by the end of the season, it starts to all go horribly wrong.

Greening gold 

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 6:18 pm

Donny wrote:

I couldn't care less whether a victory is hollow or not - I'll take the 4 points every time, and a flag if it's on offer. The beer still tastes good and Stephen Bradbury still has his Gold Medal.

As for Gibson, he should have been rubbed out after that late flying elbow charge against Sydney a couple of weeks back, and he's a sniper, so if he is out for the rest of the season then it improves the standard of the competition.

Fire Up Sagittarius

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 6:19 pm

that's intresting because he is over in the states at the moment with his girlfriend who lives over there.

gibbo or the miss' must have some weird fetish for him to get injured. Laughing
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 6:47 pm

Greening gold wrote:
Donny wrote:

I couldn't care less whether a victory is hollow or not - I'll take the 4 points every time, and a flag if it's on offer. The beer still tastes good and Stephen Bradbury still has his Gold Medal.

As for Gibson, he should have been rubbed out after that late flying elbow charge against Sydney a couple of weeks back, and he's a sniper, so if he is out for the rest of the season then it improves the standard of the competition.

A Win is a Win.

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 6:52 pm

Donny wrote:

Agree, all these players will be back for finals.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 6:56 pm

Donny wrote:

What is wrong with a Hollow Victory better then a Hard Fought Loss

sixpoints 

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 7:10 pm

In the last 24 years only 2 clubs have got back to back flags; Adelaide in the 1990's and Brisbane in the early 2000's. Its damn hard to do and history shows just how different one season can be to the next. Players age, other youngsters come on, form for any number of players can vary, coaches can change, injury tolls can vary.
It's far more likely that someone besides Hawthorn will win it this year.
yin-YANG 

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 7:13 pm

Injuries play a huge part in the premiership race... as we all know so well!

Dawks are due... and with an ageing list - it is likely to be more frequent Smile

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 7:15 pm

Smile You and your an ageing list - it is likely to be more frequent.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 7:20 pm

Donny wrote:

In one aspect you're correct as I feel the same way especially when we play the Hawks. Over the last few years I've never been convinced with the way we've beaten the Hawks. It's mainly because they've been decimated with injuries or we win by pure luck with the 2011 Preliminary Final first coming to mind when I talk about 'luck'. Nevertheless it was a memorable victory and I was stoked that night as well.

The last time I can remember where we actually beat the Hawks because we were clearly the better side with full strength teams was in 2006.

At the same time I don't care how we win. A win is a win at the end of the day as people would say so don't take them for granted especially when it's against strong opposition like the Hawks. Also we've been on the receiving end of many injuries in the past so all clubs will cop it at one point or another and maybe Hawthorn's time is coming. The Hawks of 2014 reminds of the Pies of 2011 where injuries start catching up after a dream run the year before which resulted in a Premiership along the way as well, but I still feel the Pies of 2011 were stronger than this current Hawthorn team.

However it plays out I'm looking forward to the game against Hawthorn on June 21 but until then one game at a time and be aware that circumstances can change as well. We may get injuries if we're not careful.

qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 7:50 pm

Fire Up wrote:
that's intresting because he is over in the states at the moment with his girlfriend who lives over there.

gibbo or the miss' must have some weird fetish for him to get injured. Laughing

Was given 3 days off after last rd. they thought he had a stinger but when he returned they scanned him and it's a torn pectoral. Had operation today they are saying 10 weeks. Spoke to to doctor today who said depending on how close the tear is to the shoulder or chest will decide the length of time out. He said if its torn higher up towards shoulder would more than likely be season over.
He also said with Rioli hammy after spending 7 out last year with same injury could well be the same this year.
Not sure about hodge there saying hammy with a test but could be a minor one so may miss another 1 maybe 2 to make sure he's safe.
Tere saying lake is still 4-6 but I'm thinking with his history would be more likely 8.
Mitchell is 8 to 10
Whitecross is another 10 weeks

Dermott said early in the year with the age of the hawks and the golden run they had with injury past 2yrs they were due. He said he didn't think they would make the 8 if they did would fall into 8th and be gone first week.
Funny how he thought this so early in the year.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 10:19 pm

Donny wrote:

Normally I'd agree, but I'd take that one in a heart beat

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: