Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Clinton Young Report - wasn't even worth the report.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Proud Pies Aquarius

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:18 pm
Post subject: Clinton Young Report - wasn't even worth the report.Reply with quote

Quote:
The match day report laid against Collingwood’s Clinton Young for striking the Adelaide Crows’ Brodie Smithwas assessed. After speaking to the umpire who laid the report, receiving a medical report from the Adelaide Crows Football Club and reviewing all available footage, it was determined the force used in the contact was below that required to constitute a reportable offence. No further action was taken.

http://www.triplem.com.au/melbourne/sport/afl/news/2014/7/match-review-panel-round-18-2014/

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:29 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

JOKE report, by shithouse umpires who basically got the crows back into the game.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Pete 70 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:35 pm

At the 12 minute mark or so in the 3rd there is a ball up in the Collingwood half forward line and Witts has both upper arms held by the crows ruckman. Its not subtle, you cant miss it, and bang dead set free kick. Nope play on. What pisses me off is that Grundy is penalised at a whim but .... still angry
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:37 pm

That seems a bit negative.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:39 pm

Pete 70 wrote:
At the 12 minute mark or so in the 3rd there is a ball up in the Collingwood half forward line and Witts has both upper arms held by the crows ruckman. Its not subtle, you cant miss it, and bang dead set free kick. Nope play on. What pisses me off is that Grundy is penalised at a whim but .... still angry

Saw that, bloody disgusting, same thing to crows, free kick, nearly threw me can of jack daniels thru the TV. Grrrrrr. Mad Exclamation

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
WarrenerraW 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:14 pm

Typical over reaction by the lime green maggots who have far too much control over our game.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:58 pm

I wish we would de-list Young at season's end. Simply does not have what it takes.
Beast 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:13 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
I wish we would de-list Young at season's end. Simply does not have what it takes.

Was asked to play a lock down role on Lynch yesterday and did it superbly.
MOTR 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:30 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
JOKE report, by shithouse umpires who basically got the crows back into the game.

Given the limited time the umpire had to assess the incident, I've no problem with it being reported. It took a few viewings for me to reach the conclusion there was nothing in it. The umpire doesn't have this luxury.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:23 pm

I don't like bagging any Collingwood player, and I would not question his endeavor or commitment. However, he regularly wilts under fierce pressure and this is a terrible trait to have for an aspiring Premiership player. Blair is half his size and can only kick half as far, but, for all his faults, he thrives on pressure, which is why he's a Premiership player. With Seedsman, Langdon, Lumumba and (soon) Sharenberg as our medium tall running defenders, we do not have a need for a player like Young.
HAL 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:25 pm

Do you mind if I tell other people. No one says you have to.
Mr. Burns 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:54 am

The umpiring was a disgrace.

Witts should hold his head up high after being constantly held and scragged by their ruckman and NOT receiving anything from it.

They have achieved what they want this year. It is about time the club made a statement about the stupidity seen this year.

HAL 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:56 am

Wow it sounds really interesting, Mr. Burns.
E 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:14 am
Post subject: Re: Clinton Young Report - wasn't even worth the report.Reply with quote

Proud Pies wrote:
Quote:
The match day report laid against Collingwood’s Clinton Young for striking the Adelaide Crows’ Brodie Smithwas assessed. After speaking to the umpire who laid the report, receiving a medical report from the Adelaide Crows Football Club and reviewing all available footage, it was determined the force used in the contact was below that required to constitute a reportable offence. No further action was taken.

http://www.triplem.com.au/melbourne/sport/afl/news/2014/7/match-review-panel-round-18-2014/

How about "The evidence shows that clinton Young actually changed direction in a genuine attempt to avoid contact that was unavoidable".

I would hope that if this incident resulted in a concussion that Young would have been let off as well. If you watch the replay, he clearly has no way of avoiding contact and yet he tries.

The tribunal report suggested that force was the only factor????

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:42 am

MOTR wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:

Given the limited time the umpire had to assess the incident, I've no problem with it being reported. It took a few viewings for me to reach the conclusion there was nothing in it. The umpire doesn't have this luxury.

I agree, correct decision to give the 50 for late high contact in a marking contest as well.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: