Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre match. Pies v. Lions - All comments

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:48 pm
Post subject: Pre match. Pies v. Lions - All commentsReply with quote

Saturday.

Collingwood v Brisbane

MCG, 7.40

B: Marley Williams, Jack Frost, Tyson Goldsack
HB: Alan Toovey, Lachlan Keeffe, Alex Fasolo
C: Steele Sidebottom, Dane Swan, Heritier Lumumba
HF: Jarryd Blair, Ben Reid, Tim Broomhead
F: Jamie Elliott, Travis Cloke, Brodie Grundy

Foll: Jarrod Witts, Dayne Beams, Scott Pendlebury

Int: Brent Macaffer, Ben Kennedy, Luke Ball, Ben Sinclair

Emg: Clinton Young, Jesse White, Tony Armstrong

IN: Luke Ball, Brodie Grundy, Ben Sinclair, Dane Swan
OUT: Sam Dwyer (hamstring), Tony Armstrong, Jesse White, Clinton Young (omitted)

Let's hear ya !!

Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:52 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

We got smashed in the guts and need to sort that before we can afford to worry about anything else. Ball must play. Kennedy will be better for the run. One of the few good things to come out of last week's debacle was Ben Reid's return. Third week back for Reedy and he finally started to pick up the pace of the game and clunk a few.

No point in massive changes: Ball comes in, Swanny is apparently ready to go, oh, and Langdon is probably right to return too, so the only question is who comes out.

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:19 pm

We should win but I am not saying it’s a Certainty
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:37 pm

I agree, Dave. The Brions can play, no doubt about it, it just depends which team turns up on the day. As for us, well, that depends which team turns up on the day too!
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:09 pm

Still can't believe we went in against the Eagles without an inside mid.

Ball must play and if he's as cooked as some say he is then we have to bring in a depth player to cover Adams next year. Never have a I seen a young recruit be as indispensible as Adams has ended up. Josh Fraser is the last one to come to mind.
Darkstranger 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:31 pm

Bottom line, anything less than a 8 goal smashing won't suffice!
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:02 am

Wokko wrote:
Still can't believe we went in against the Eagles without an inside mid. Who the **** is picking the team?

A very surprising selection. Ok, maybe they didn't want Ball to travel, especially with a 6 day break for the next game, but why not play Thomas? We were playing all three of Adams, Ball and Thomas earlier, now we don't need any? Bizarre.

Wokko wrote:

Ball must play and if he's as cooked as some say he is then we have to bring in a depth player to cover Adams next year. Never have a I seen a young recruit be as indispensible as Adams has ended up. Josh Fraser is the last one to come to mind.

Ball was clearly not happy in the VFL on the weekend, you just needed to see his half time interview with Phil Cleary to see that. Must play.

Indispensible recruits? Neither are young, but Jolly would be number 1 I'd think, with Ball close behind. And I don't think Adams is indispensible. We were going well with Ball as our inside mid earlier in the year, and Thomas goes alright, we just need to pick one of them.

Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:03 am

So, assuming that Ball, and Swan return, who comes out? You'd think Langdon would also be a very strong chance to be recalled after our horrible defensive effort v WCE, which would mean three changes.

Dwyer will probably go as he is unlikely to be fit anyway. Armstrong is an obvious candidate but he has done quite well in his two games and you'd reckon he'd be very stiff to be dropped. I can't see them dropping Williams or Toovey, let alone Protected Species Blair. But at least one more, possibly two more need to come out. Who?

Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:10 am

AN_Inkling wrote:
We were playing all three of Adams, Ball and Thomas earlier, now we don't need any? Bizarre.

Then there was the no less bizarre selection of a side containing just one tall defender, even though Keeffe was fit. Evil or Very Mad

The selection committee is smoking something, and I think they are upping the dosage 'coz their decisions get more nonsensical every week. So what will it be this time? Recall Hudson, promote Galt for the week, keep Witts and throw in Grundy? Possibly, if they do this, White could spend most of the game forward 'coz he might not be really needed in the ruck. Shocked

AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:16 am

This thread also lacks a mention of Sinclair. Bucks did say he's a chance to return.

My changes would be:

in: Swan, Ball, Sinclair, Langdon, Grundy (excellent in the VFL), Karnezis (good in the VFL and playing his old team)
out: Dwyer, Williams, White/Witts, Blair, Young/Armstrong

Though it's more likely that Sinclair will have to wait at least another week and Karnezis is unlikely, I think a high turnover given the travel, 6 day break, warm weather, and that we were pretty not very good, might be helpful.

Darkstranger 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:36 am

Will be at least 5 changes...

In: Swan, Ball, Sinclair, Grundy (although not convinced) Karnezis (roll the dice)

Out: Dwyer, Witts, Williams, Blair & MaCaffer
Az 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 2:39 pm

Actually think Jesse White will be useful in this game. Stefan Martin has been really good for them this year and is in some pretty good form as of late. More so to do with his ability to get around the ground more than the bigger slower ruckman. White we know is fantastic around the ground and coud go with him easily, so I wouldn't be surprised if we gave Jesse a bit more time in the centre and send whoever is our ruck for the day to full forward. I know Grundy played well and kicked a few goals in the 2nds, but I still believe Witts is the more dangerous of the two when resting forward, so I would opt to stick with Wittsy and give him a bit more time in the forward line with White to get a bit more time in the middle.

Of course that all depends on whether we are going to play Reid forward again. When I saw him go back in the West Coast game I felt a lot more confident in his ability to influence the game and it seemed to get him more involved.

Would also love to see Paddy K get a call up. They finally decided to move him into the midfield as that was always the long term plan for him, and was amongst the BOG. This kid has showed he can do it up forward and is now doing it in the middle. Would probably like to see him up forward for us, as it could only help our structure up there at the moment, with bursts in the centre occasionally.

Been drooling over the thought of having sincers back. I am a big wrap for the bloke and it couldn't come at a better time as guys like Heretier and Marley aren't generating enough dash off half back for us. And when they do, you can count on it coming straight back the other way. Guys like Sinclair and Armstrong are going to provide some fresh run whilst putting a lot of pressure on Lumumba and Williams to up their game. Will be very happy once Seedo is fit again too.

Swanny. Let's just hope he pulls a 2011 and kills it on return from his little training break.
Rick Taurus

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 3:44 pm

Our depth this season has well and truly been tested.

Seems like we have about 7 senior players getting regular games but their form fluctuates game by game, even quarter by quarter.

And then we are relying on about 15 fringe/inexperienced players rotating week in week out.

We can chop and change as much as we want, I can't see it changing the outcome.

We should win comfortably but will limp across the line.

I can't wait until Scharenberg and Freeman start playing (genuine 200+ game players) and force out 40 game here today gone tomorrow types.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:36 pm

WE oughta be in a foul, foul mood, mad as hell, angry and ashamed. Im tipping a win of around 57 points, we can do it, and for our own dignity, we must do it. This one is non negotiable, just destroy these Brizzie bears. !!

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Az 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 5:20 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
WE oughta be in a foul, foul mood, mad as hell, angry and ashamed. Im tipping a win of around 57 points, we can do it, and for our own dignity, we must do it. This one is non negotiable, just destroy these Brizzie bears. !!

Would be nice, I just don't think we're capable of destroying a side right now. The only time we've really dominated a team this year was St Kilda way back when. They were in some pretty horrible form too. Other than that we've never really punished any team. The Brions are playing okay footy right now. I expect a well fought out win, but I don't see us at all decisively running over the top of them. Hell, I'm not so sure we can even dominate over GWS even with their weak defence.

A win with some good poised consistent footy and I will be doing my happy dance.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6   

Jump to: