Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What the heck is with menulog?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2022 4:56 pm
Post subject: What the heck is with menulog?Reply with quote

Did somebody say piss me off??

So we're isolating at home, because thats what your supposed to do when you get covid right? There's three of us in the house, including the 7 month old bubba.

We thought stuff cooking tonight, lets order in. So we did.

We followed our order from its pick up point to the main drag in town where we waited just shy of 2 hours and 30 minutes for it to be dropped off at home. We actually watched the entire Die Hard 3 movie in our waiting time. The driver threw it to the step and legged it back to his car, no knock, no doorbell, just bolts back to the car to avoid the confrontation. The receipt was torn off and the top of the bag ripped open. (I have it all on CCTV). The food was obviously freezing cold.

So of course we ring the venue who now have an answering service saying you cant ring the restaurant anymore. So we call their head office who of course say its out of their hands and not their problem. We need to take it up with menulog.

Fk that, I'm gonna drive down there and cause a huge scene. They're gonna think Terminator has rocked up looking for Sarah Connor. Then I calmed down and called my brother (should have done it in the first place) who went down there and switched orders, they gave him no grief and pointed to the other orders waiting to be picked up. He was told some had been waiting for some time. They did mention that they were not obligated to replace our meals, but did anyway.

After taking it up with Menulog, they said they are investigating, but I am still waiting to receive the refund.

I would never offer this kind of service to anyone in my life. Never in a million years. If someone needs something, you try and help, right? If you're working and someone needs help, you help them right? How the hell can someone be so unkind as to make someone wait this long and to just not give a fk at all? What has happened to Australia?

Up next Bunnings rant. Because they have gone so far backwards, they're in the stoneage.

eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2022 7:02 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

It’s disappointing the lack of service these providers offer especially when over the last 3 years they’ve become vital due to situations like yours.

The most annoying part is refunds is all they offer, it doesn’t matter if you starve because they take so long or just **** it up completely.

The other part that often pisses me off is the restaurants if they forget your meal just offer refunds as well as they can’t have a second delivery.
Presti35 Virgo

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2022 4:24 pm

They said sorry and offered a $20 voucher.

They're obviously getting too many complaints. Because they took almost 2 days to respond. I've since told them that isn't good enough and expect a full refund. Also suggested they need to find the driver and tell him he is no longer employed.

A twenty buck voucher, please! Rolling Eyes

The saga continues.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2022 6:11 pm

I don't order delivery food much, maybe once a week, but I've never had a problem with Menulog. I've never used Uber for anything so I don't have a comparison, but stuff usually arrives on time and hot.

Mind you, I order from places close to home.

Presti35 Virgo

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2022 8:52 pm

The restaurant is a 7 minute drive. They investigated and agreed the driver picked up our order and waited over an hour to deliver it. Why??

Because he tried getting more orders and helped himself to a few chips while waiting.

Absolutely disgraceful.

So yeah, it's more on the driver if anything, but menulog as his employer should refund us and give the driver a first and final. In all honesty, he should be sacked, but its 2022 and he probably has mental health issues or something. So sure, be really bad at your job. Its ok.

Also, the cctv i have of him throwing it up the step and then making a run for it... He knew he was a halfwit that's done the wrong thing... But why should he care right?

And looking at their online reviews: https://www.productreview.com.au/listings/menulog-com-au

Will Snoop Dogg or Katy Perry be able to save them??

Presti35 Virgo

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2022 8:53 pm

Seems Uber Eats has similar issues: https://www.productreview.com.au/listings/uber-eats
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2022 7:22 am

They makes pittance, so they don’t care,

My daughter uses it a bit, I tried once, no thanks, waste of money, I only use a couple of local places with their own delivery person, or I pick up!
But we rarely eat take out, maybe once a month, I prefer to go to a pub or restaurant if we don’t cook.

Last night coming home from a hearing test place I was knackered Sou stopped at fresh chilli, ordered and waited about 20 min, sitting at a vacant table, too easy , tasted perfect!

But never had to quarantine!

Last edited by think positive on Wed Dec 14, 2022 7:25 am; edited 2 times in total
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2022 1:05 pm

It seems it’s a problem everywhere, saw this today.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid0VAJXXqJbPTRGNmiUuZv794S4XT9kBKpwnhZBDxgR1B5r13xBMuZEmd5ZfnpLAgYBl&id=100064001624992&mibextid=qC1gEa
Presti35 Virgo

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2022 9:10 pm

It will surely come to a head at some point.

If this many people are not getting the service they expect, how can they keep on existing as a business??

They have no integrity, no honesty, and they certainly have no respect.

Thanks for posting that eddiesmith. If businesses are losing out, and customers are losing out... it will get to a point where no one will use it.

Some seem to believe it all depends on the driver you get.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2022 10:22 pm

That Facebook post is great, and makes a really strong case for why small businesses shouldn't deal with these companies.

Honestly, all this crappy gig-economy stuff just seems like a real lose-lose for everyone. It might be more convenient, but you have to rob Peter to pay Paul in other areas to get that. If people have proper jobs, they'll tend to care about the service they're providing.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2022 6:57 pm

There's a real balance there though.

Yes the delivery companies are charging too much. Done and accepted.

The benefit of the delivery companies website is that they offer you food you wouldn't have been aware of. Places in neighboring suburbs you didn't know of but are still close by. My fav local Pizza place is really cheap, bloody tasty, too far to walk and I would never have considered it if not for Menulog. They also use their own delivery guys who I always tip.

Years of lockdowns have fueled the desire for convenience, the websites expand the range of offerings so increase business, if not profit.

There's a space in the market for an alternative provider, one who has the website with all the restaurants, but only ones that have their own delivery people. What they would provide is the website and the payment method, but not delivery people, so the margin would be far less, just an ongoing subscription and a small percentage of charges. Purely back of house operation, restaurants are in charge of their own destiny again, but have the reach.

Anyone wants to start that up, I'll accept 5% equity in the business for giving you the idea.

Presti35 Virgo

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2022 8:23 pm

Did somebody say, suck my log?

So after disputing with menulog, they offered a $20 voucher. (Less than 1/4 of the total amount spent). After disputing that, they pretty much said after review thats all they can do.

However.

I disputed the transaction with PayPal, who closed the matter in my favour. I get a full refund.

I also reported them to the ACCC, who put us in touch with Consumer Affairs Victoria/Small Claims Tribunal. They were actually all very helpful and said to open the dispute with PayPal, which I had already done. They said further action can be taken in the unlikely event PayPal closed the case in the favour of menulog.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2023 6:38 pm

My go to Pizza place has moved off Menulog to a new platform, Bite Local. Haven't tried it yet, but the pizza joint does it's own deliveries, Menulog was just the ordering platform so it always came on time and hot.
The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2023 6:12 pm

Presti35 wrote:
Seems Uber Eats has similar issues: https://www.productreview.com.au/listings/uber-eats

I've had my entire order stolen by an Uber Eats driver before, they didn't even say that they had it either so other drivers kept going there to get it and cancelling and I rang up McDonald's where we got our order from and they said they'd already done the order. I'd said we never got it, and was waiting for so long for it so the manager reluctantly redid the order. Asked for me to report the driver and we reported it.

It was so weird to have that happen.

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: