Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What made you sad today?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 61, 62, 63 ... 68, 69, 70  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2023 9:29 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Dark Beanie wrote:
Sorry for your loss WPT.
From your daughters tribute, a life well lived.

Thanks DB. She was of the generation where despite great adversity you just got on with it.

eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2023 10:13 pm

Condolences WPT, a beautiful tribute by your daughter.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2023 10:37 pm

eddiesmith wrote:
Condolences WPT, a beautiful tribute by your daughter.

Thanks Eddie 👍

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2023 9:44 am

I am impressed. Trekking to ABC is a mighty accomplishment. Today’s snowflake generation might struggle with the lack of power to charge their phones, no signal on their phones and no hot water at some of the Teahouses.

May she Rest In Peace.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2023 1:42 pm

What'sinaname wrote:
I am impressed. Trekking to ABC is a mighty accomplishment. Today’s snowflake generation might struggle with the lack of power to charge their phones, no signal on their phones and no hot water at some of the Teahouses.

May she Rest In Peace.

Cheers WIAN.

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2023 11:22 pm

Condolences, WPT.
The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2023 11:50 pm

watt price tully wrote:
I’ve officially joined the orphan club. My Mum died peacefully last Sunday. and Family were able to say goodbye and tell her they loved her. She was 88.

This is a de-identified post from my youngest:

My grandmother (WPT’s Mum) died on Sunday. She was a tour de force - kind, beautiful, funny, intelligent, at times difficult, and always loving. She was born in Warsaw in 1934, survived the holocaust, and married my zaida in a displaced persons camp in Germany when the war finished. They moved to Australia in 1950 first Fitzroy North, then East Brunswick, and later Caulfield South. WPT’s Mum had three children by the time she was 22. She taught herself English, and spoke it fluently alongside Yiddish, Hebrew, Polish and Russian. In Australia, she worked in a nail factory, worked as a clerk in a hospital, went to university late in life and studied arts and law, completing her honours in Russian language. 

Later in her life, WPT’s Mum ran a 1/2 marathon, became president of her rotary club, climbed to Mount Annapurna basecamp and taught jewish history. She taught/volunteered at a local “community school” for kids who have issues fitting in to regular school.

She was also a talented painter and writer, and the most incredible cook. Dinners for Rosh Hashanah or Passover went all night, with gefilte fish, chicken soup, briskets and cakes. As a young child, WPT’s mum always seemed glamorous, lots of gold jewellery and painted nails. She could also be embarrassing - in any cafe we would go into in Caulfield she would announce to everyone that I was her granddaughter…, and that she was so proud of me. 

Alzheimers cruelly marked the last few years of her life. While her mind and memories became unreliable in the end, her love for her family never did, nor did her love for talking with me about the law. 

On Friday, I got to sit with her, and I washed her hands and painted her nails and told her I loved her. I will miss her deeply ❤️
……………………………………………………………………………….

For me a mix of it being sad, awful and a relief. Taking this week off work.

So very sorry for your loss.

I had lost both my parents in quick period of time though it has been four years since my dads and coming up on five since my mums passing still feel the pain so I can understand how much it hurts.

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
LaurieHolden Aquarius

Floreat Gymnorhina tyrannica

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2023 8:24 am

Condolences WPT, what a beautiful and moving in memoriam tribute to your mother's life.

Just reinforces there's so many stories of people you walk past in the Street everyday, without knowing the journey they've walked.

It's part of the reason why I volunteer, particularly for the elderly. You get to talk to people from all walks of life and often, like you mother, there's a rich vein of heartache and joy to be uncovered in their story.

May she rest in peace.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2023 9:44 am

Jezza wrote:
Condolences, WPT.

Thanks Jezza 👍

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2023 9:48 am

The Prototype wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
I’ve officially joined the orphan club. My Mum died peacefully last Sunday. and Family were able to say goodbye and tell her they loved her. She was 88.

This is a de-identified post from my youngest:

My grandmother (WPT’s Mum) died on Sunday. She was a tour de force - kind, beautiful, funny, intelligent, at times difficult, and always loving. She was born in Warsaw in 1934, survived the holocaust, and married my zaida in a displaced persons camp in Germany when the war finished. They moved to Australia in 1950 first Fitzroy North, then East Brunswick, and later Caulfield South. WPT’s Mum had three children by the time she was 22. She taught herself English, and spoke it fluently alongside Yiddish, Hebrew, Polish and Russian. In Australia, she worked in a nail factory, worked as a clerk in a hospital, went to university late in life and studied arts and law, completing her honours in Russian language. 

Later in her life, WPT’s Mum ran a 1/2 marathon, became president of her rotary club, climbed to Mount Annapurna basecamp and taught jewish history. She taught/volunteered at a local “community school” for kids who have issues fitting in to regular school.

She was also a talented painter and writer, and the most incredible cook. Dinners for Rosh Hashanah or Passover went all night, with gefilte fish, chicken soup, briskets and cakes. As a young child, WPT’s mum always seemed glamorous, lots of gold jewellery and painted nails. She could also be embarrassing - in any cafe we would go into in Caulfield she would announce to everyone that I was her granddaughter…, and that she was so proud of me. 

Alzheimers cruelly marked the last few years of her life. While her mind and memories became unreliable in the end, her love for her family never did, nor did her love for talking with me about the law. 

On Friday, I got to sit with her, and I washed her hands and painted her nails and told her I loved her. I will miss her deeply ❤️
……………………………………………………………………………….

For me a mix of it being sad, awful and a relief. Taking this week off work.

So very sorry for your loss.

I had lost both my parents in quick period of time though it has been four years since my dads and coming up on five since my mums passing still feel the pain so I can understand how much it hurts.

Cheers prototype. Dad died about 9-10 years ago but my parents had divorced by then. Mrs WPT & I have been heavily involved with the care & support of Mum keeping her at home then into care about 3 years ago 🤦‍♂️. It’s a weird feeling not having parents.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2023 9:48 am

LaurieHolden wrote:
Condolences WPT, what a beautiful and moving in memoriam tribute to your mother's life.

Just reinforces there's so many stories of people you walk past in the Street everyday, without knowing the journey they've walked.

It's part of the reason why I volunteer, particularly for the elderly. You get to talk to people from all walks of life and often, like you mother, there's a rich vein of heartache and joy to be uncovered in their story.

May she rest in peace.

Cheers Laurie 👍

djh 

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2023 3:35 pm

My condolences too, WPT.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2023 7:13 pm

djh wrote:
My condolences too, WPT.

Thanks for that.

KenH Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2023 9:37 pm

Feel for ya WPT, I only have my Mum left and dread the day she won't be around.
pietillidie 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2023 12:58 am

I just picked up up that sad news about your mum, WPT. Thoughts with you, fella.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 61, 62, 63 ... 68, 69, 70  Next
Page 62 of 70   

Jump to: