Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What made you sad today?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 48, 49, 50 ... 68, 69, 70  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 4:28 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers TP:

I'm not feeling guilty. She can't manage and truth be told we tried with community supports (who were well meaning but useless in the main) & probably kept her at her place for longer than she / we could rightfully manage.

Funny, her TV went so I bought an LG 55" with a soundbar for her on Sunday with a simple remote but I'm not sure yet whether she'll be able to use it ot if it'll be too big for her room whe she gets into a more permanent form of care. Things have deteriorated rapidly and her form of dementia is very tricky. Of course she still thinks she's going home.

luvdids Sagittarius

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 5:14 pm

Hope everything works out best for all involved WPT and wow, your Mum seems like the very definition of "a life well lived", so much packed in there, posted by a clearly very proud son. x
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 6:03 pm

luvdids wrote:
Hope everything works out best for all involved WPT and wow, your Mum seems like the very definition of "a life well lived", so much packed in there, posted by a clearly very proud son. x

Cheers Luvdids. I thinks listing off some of the things she’s done is cathartic. She also had a lot of issues to deal with as my Father was 16 years older and lots of other stuff. So doing lots of things / achieving lots of things as she got older meant she lived her adolescence and twenties when she was in her 50’s, 60’s and 70’s. Doing lots of things too meant to could do to cover some emotional pain she didn’t allow herself to either deal with or indulge herself in.

I think in her more insightful moments she longed to have the relatively close relationship Mrs WPT has with her children than she did with hers.

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 6:44 pm

Oh so sorry to hear WPT - hopefully mum will settle in ok and she will be safer and you can just have lovely visits for as long as possible!

It’s so hard watching your strong and amazing mum become old and frail Sad

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 7:26 pm

Sorry to hear it all WPT, it's not fun when you flip roles and the child becomes the parent and less when they blame you for doing the right thing.

Definitely a life well lived, once she had the chance to do stuff she she couldn't do when she was young, she let loose.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 8:27 pm

Cheers Morrigu and Stui.

Mum’s got two cats which I’m seeing twice a day for feeding / cat litter. Mrs WPT & I have 3 cats of which 2 are my oldest daughters who left them here 18 months ago Rolling Eyes

Managed to get my brother to take the cats/cat if she can’t take them with her wherever Mum ends up. He has an 18 year old cat.

My oldest shifted to Sidanee on Sunday for her work promotion and might take her cats back.

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 8:27 pm

Sorry to hear that, WPT.

Best wishes to your mum.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 9:06 pm

watt price tully wrote:
Cheers Morrigu and Stui.

Mum’s got two cats which I’m seeing twice a day for feeding / cat litter. Mrs WPT & I have 3 cats of which 2 are my oldest daughters who left them here 18 months ago Rolling Eyes

Managed to get my brother to take the cats/cat if she can’t take them with her wherever Mum ends up. He has an 18 year old cat.

My oldest shifted to Sidanee on Sunday for her work promotion and might take her cats back.

Stick them in a cat box and send them to her, let her know when they're on the way.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 9:22 pm

Jezza wrote:
Sorry to hear that, WPT.

Best wishes to your mum.

Cheers Jezza. Thanks mate.

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 9:23 pm

watt price tully wrote:
Cheers Morrigu and Stui.

I do hope mum can take her cats with her - but realistically that’s probably unlikely isn’t it?

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 9:25 pm

stui magpie wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
Cheers Morrigu and Stui.

Stick them in a cat box and send them to her, let her know when they're on the way.

Tempting 😉 but my kids have already labelled Mrs WPT as the cat lady of the Southern Hemisphere when she gets older

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 9:36 pm

^ I think she has competition - or so I’m told Wink Very Happy
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 9:55 pm

Some nursing homes allow pets but not many
Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2020 4:52 pm

Mum had a nasty fall last night head first! Thankfully nothing broken and no cerebral bleed but she looks like Mike Tyson had free practice on her eyes - the leukaemia makes her bruise like a World Champion.

Spent the night in ED and then to a ward this am - I get there hasn't even been offered a wash despite the copious amounts of dried blood and food all over her face and in her hair. Showered and washed her hair and cleaned her teeth she felt a million times better.

WTF has happened to nursing care Rolling Eyes Certainly not the nursing care we used to ensure our patients got when I was a bedside nurse Sad

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2020 5:40 pm

Morrigu wrote:
Mum had a nasty fall last night head first! Thankfully nothing broken and no cerebral bleed but she looks like Mike Tyson had free practice on her eyes - the leukaemia makes her bruise like a World Champion.

Spent the night in ED and then to a ward this am - I get there hasn't even been offered a wash despite the copious amounts of dried blood and food all over her face and in her hair. Showered and washed her hair and cleaned her teeth she felt a million times better.

WTF has happened to nursing care Rolling Eyes Certainly not the nursing care we used to ensure our patients got when I was a bedside nurse Sad

Sorry to hear Morrigu. How shocking not even being offered a wash? WTF.
Mum had a fall 1-2 years ago near the town hall - like your Mum I expect: racoon eyes afterwards. Hope she recovers quickly.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 48, 49, 50 ... 68, 69, 70  Next
Page 49 of 70   

Jump to: