Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What made you sad today?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 58, 59, 60 ... 68, 69, 70  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2021 5:47 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Best mates mum passed away last night. Sad

Lovely woman, I'd go to there house in Finley on a Friday night when we were 18, she'd cook and make me eat dinner before we went out and cook me a hangover breakfasr next morning. Her cooking was what made me realise that vegetables could actually taste good if they weren't boiled to mush. Just a lovely person, always in the role of carer for others. Bugger.

Luckily I'm up here and he's down as well, so hopefully we can catch up for a beer and reminisce

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2021 10:10 pm

Sorry to hear it, enjoy your chin wag xx
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2021 7:05 pm

He called in this arvo. It was a good chat.over a couple of beers.

Funny, we weren't great mates during high school, we really started hanging out after. He's one of 2 or 3 people from high school I'm still in contact with, but I haven't seen the others for years, decades.

Vale Nita, you were a special person.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2021 8:14 pm

Just went for a quick walk with a friend, an hour and a bit later, 2 cop cars and a foot chase and I’m home!

So we came across a young girl, 14-17 maybe, in a unicorn onsie with a unicorn backpack sitting in the dirt near the river. We walk over and ask if she’s ok, one arm is heavily bandaged, the other she is busily carving into. We offer help and try to get a name. She walks towards the river. My gf talks to someone else as we don’t gave our phones, they call 000 and I talk her away from the river. Yes I kept my distance. She rambles a bit but I don’t think she was on anything. She said she has to get away from someone. She goes towards the road, I follow at a distance, she sees the cops and takes off. Can’t believe how many people stopped and just watched! We had to wait to talk to the cops. One of juniors old friends came out to see what was going on. Apparently she’s a regular. I hope they get a whatever it’s called hold on her. Poor kid. Seriously needs some help.

And I have 5 million mossy bites!

Didn’t see that coming!

Last edited by think positive on Wed Nov 10, 2021 8:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2021 6:37 pm

Well done you. Young girls self harming has increased a lot in the past 12-18 months, I don't know if I would have been able to do what you did and even if I tried it's likely she wouldn't have responded to me in the way she did to you.

Well done.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2021 8:31 pm

Cheers I wish I could have done more. I’ve been wondering ever since, and drive past that way when I leave now. So sad
nomadjack 

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2021 8:49 am

^^^
Good on you TP. A lot of people just walk away from those situations. Takes guts and a good dose of empathy to get involved and try and help.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2021 8:34 am

Cheers mate, thanks. I couldn’t just keep walking. Couldn’t live with myself.
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2022 9:40 pm

Sitting at my desk at home this morning working, suddenly there's this strange ringing noise happening on multiple devices at ones. It's an old workmate from years ago who I have on Facebook calling me on messenger.

Answer the call, Shit. A woman we both worked with back in the day just died. Just turned 60, diagnosed with stomach cancer like 6 weeks ago, died of a heart attack before she could even start Chemo. H thought I should know so typically impromptu just called.

I hadn't seen her or to be honest even thought of her for ages, but she was a genuine honest lovely person who was great to work with. That's like something out of Alanis Morrisette Ironic.

At least it was quick.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2022 10:21 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Sitting at my desk at home this morning working, suddenly there's this strange ringing noise happening on multiple devices at ones. It's an old workmate from years ago who I have on Facebook calling me on messenger.

Answer the call, Shit. A woman we both worked with back in the day just died. Just turned 60, diagnosed with stomach cancer like 6 weeks ago, died of a heart attack before she could even start Chemo. H thought I should know so typically impromptu just called.

I hadn't seen her or to be honest even thought of her for ages, but she was a genuine honest lovely person who was great to work with. That's like something out of Alanis Morrisette Ironic.

At least it was quick.

oh thats so sad. a very close friend of mines sons boyfriends mum died last week, she was only 61, i not sure what happened, she seemed health as anything. its far far too young xxx

cheers mate sorry for your loss

Lazza 

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2022 10:23 pm

I was very sad about the sudden death of Andrew Symonds. Eerily I’m in North Queensland at the moment and the accident was just north of where I am. I loved the way he played attacking cricket. He could be brutal on a bowling attack once he got his eye in. Brilliant cricketer taken far too soon. Another new recruit for the Heaven Eleven.
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2022 11:01 pm

Thanks Jo and yeah Lazza, Roy was one of a kind gone way too soon.

geezus, that Cricket Australia just rolled over to the BCCI on Monkeygate was a disgrace

Lazza 

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2022 11:16 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Thanks Jo and yeah Lazza, Roy was one of a kind gone way too soon.

geezus, that Cricket Australia just rolled over to the BCCI on Monkeygate was a disgrace

Very true. However it was nice to hear condolences from Harby Singh on the news tonight towards Roy. He showed that he is a bigger man.

pietillidie 

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2022 2:18 am

In the post-game thread, DTM said his dad passed away before the game.

Dave, so sorry to hear that. It will be a tough time for you; take care and let us know how you are going. All your friends here on Nick's are thinking of you.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2022 10:32 am

Condolences Dave, so sorry for your loss xxx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 58, 59, 60 ... 68, 69, 70  Next
Page 59 of 70   

Jump to: