Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Rookies and slots

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 6:54 pm
Post subject: Rookies and slotsReply with quote

Could some kind Nickster please remind me what the score is with rookies and senior spots this year?

The way I'm seeing things we have two guys on our rookie list who are musts for senior football in 2015: Gault (should play Round 1 for mine) and Frost (didn't play today, had a poor game last week, but played an excellent 22 senior games for us last year and has to be a contender). One or two others are possibilities, no doubt, but Gault and Frost are the obvious ones.

Can we promote 1 or 2 players as of right at the start of the season? (Last year we had a free slot on our senior list which we filled with, from memory, Frost.)

At this stage, do we have any LTI slots free? (Caff seems a long way off; ditto Young: can we promote a rookie for either of those guys?)

MightyMagpie 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 7:03 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe it is one nominated rookie (rd 1 onwards) plus LTI rookies. LTI rookies are for a minimum period (not sure how long) and the replaced player cannot play afl (even vfl) during the period I believe.
MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 7:37 pm

We currently have a senior list of 39 men. Under the rules relating to list numbers, we can "nominate" a rookie to be available for senior selection from round 1 onwards without the need for a Long Term Injury.

In addition, we can elevate any rookie for a Long Term Injury (that is, a player injured for a minimum of 8 weeks). Scharenberg's listing as "indefinite" on the AFL injury list would qualify, while Macaffer surely won't play until mid-year at least.

In short, 3 could elevate as many as 3 rookies at the present time.

Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:15 pm

Thankyou MM and MB.
perthmagpie Aries

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 10:25 pm

The way I see it we are going to want and need to elevate Frost and Gault. So that means we need to name a player with an eight week injury. I suggest that will be McCaffer as Scharenberg will be ready for VFL in May from the sounds of it. Or we could put Youngy on the LTI list as his hammy may not come good till 2019.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: