Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Herald Scum Reporting

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Carro 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 3:28 pm
Post subject: Herald Scum ReportingReply with quote

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/collingwoods-kicking-problems-wont-be-helped-by-recruits-says-david-king/story-fndv8g1a-1227261229695

Happy for everyone to write us off, let us prove them wrong like 2002.

Andrew Rule writing an article on the future of Bucks? This is not Underbelly.
doriswilgus 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 3:41 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow,the Herald Sun is really on our case this year,aren't they?

It was also an odd thing for David King to say about our kicking not improving this pre-season.As far as i know,we've only played one game so far,and we won that by 44 points.So on what basis does he make that claim?
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 3:43 pm

Against the premiers!

Hahaha let em keep going, can't wait to rub their noses in it!

Carro 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 4:01 pm

he doesn't have much to go on to say our kicking has not improved. Based on one game, it had improved as well.

He should stick to groping women at the precinct hotel.
Stupied 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 4:43 pm

I love it that everyone is writing us off before the season starts. The radar is high and we're flying around under it Very Happy
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 4:47 pm

You love it that everyone is writing us off the season starts. What do you like about it that everyone is writing us off the season starts so much?
The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 4:57 pm

Collingwood have been working on the kicking problems according to some players at training, so it seems they're addressing things.

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 5:43 pm

Given an AFL average run with injuries then I expect to play finals.

Keep Pendlebury, Swan, Sidebottom, Elliott, Cloke, Reid and Brown on the park for most of the season and it's still a very good foundation to build on, throw in Varcoe and Greenwood to help lessen the loss of Beams and Lumumba, Adams to step up and replace Ball, the natural improvement of second year + players in Grundy, Witts, Broomhead, Kennedy, Langdon, Seedsman etc and some promising new recruits like De Goey then there is a lot to like and look forward to.

Stop the flow of injuries to key players, see some genuine improvement from our young players and implement a more effective game plan that is executed with a better level of efficiency then I believe we are going to surprise a few of these so called media experts.

P.S-While it would be unwise to think they will provide any significant improvement to the side this season it's still exciting to know we head into the year with 4 top 10 draft selections yet to make there senior debut.

Throw in Maynard and Marsh to the mix as well.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 5:48 pm

I don't see a problem with David Kings comments. He's used some data to back what we know: we were a poor kicking team last year, in fact appalling.

Greenwood & Crisp are not known for their elite kicking skills. We all know that. Varcoe I thought is a better kick. Nothing wrong with that.

However, our recruiting extends beyond those players mentioned.

We need to earn our place in the top 8 this year, nobody is going to gift it to us. I reckon we are outside top 8 without a game being played.

Having said that, I'll be barracking like hell & hoping we do really well this year including a top 8 position.

Without injuries & a reasonable draw who knows?

perthmagpie Aries

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 6:03 pm

Weird how short peoples' memories are. Before our injuries hit us so badly we looked like the fifth or sixth best team. You'd think Port won ten more games than us and finished on top with twenty wins. Fact is they won only fourteen games. The gap between how good we are capable of being when we actually have most of our team on the field and these other top teams is not that much. If we can just have one year of stable team selection then these experts will look stupid.
partypie 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 6:09 pm

Herald Sun trying to sell papers
Darkstranger 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 6:26 pm

[quote="watt price tully"]I don't see a problem with David Kings comments. He's used some data to back what we know: we were a poor kicking team last year, in fact appalling.

Greenwood & Crisp are not known for their elite kicking skills. We all know that. Varcoe I thought is a better kick. Nothing wrong with that.

However, our recruiting extends beyond those players mentioned.

We need to earn our place in the top 8 this year, nobody is going to gift it to us. I reckon we are outside top 8 without a game being played.

Having said that, I'll be barracking like hell & hoping we do really well this year including a top 8 position.

Good on you mate.

Without injuries & a reasonable draw who knows?[/quote]
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 7:07 pm

David King is a Know all who Knows F**K All.

He is so far up himself

Brenny 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 7:51 pm

^ Yet David King is actually pretty spot on with most of what he says... Like years he has predicted us to do well.

He's not anti Collingwood by any stretch, he's just giving an informed opinion based on stats from 2014.

There is nothing wrong with that!

You didn't have to be a rocket scientist to work out our effective kicking in 2014 was pathetic. You didn't even have to look at the stats.

To be honest, I don't rate any games in the NAB cup. We won in 2009 we won the flag in 2010. Carlton win, as do Brisbane and finish down the bottom. It tells us nothing.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 7:56 pm

Brenny wrote:
^ Yet David King is actually pretty spot on with most of what he says... Like years he has predicted us to do well.

He's not anti Collingwood by any stretch, he's just giving an informed opinion based on stats from 2014.

There is nothing wrong with that!

You didn't have to be a rocket scientist to work out our effective kicking in 2014 was pathetic. You didn't even have to look at the stats.

To be honest, I don't rate any games in the NAB cup. We won in 2009 we won the flag in 2010. Carlton win, as do Brisbane and finish down the bottom. It tells us nothing.

That was last year but how much would he seen of us this Pre-Season and What I saw in the game vs the Hawks that we where using the Ball lot better then we where last season

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3   

Jump to: