Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre match. Pies v. Crows - All comments please

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 6:35 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Jezza wrote:
Tannin wrote:
Plus we are weak in the talls department: Grundy can't be expected to go around again this week all by himself with the same energy he put in last week .... and if he does, he's a friggin' champion already! I's really really like to see Gault come in to give us all-day tall options up forward and give Grundy a break.

Who are the emergencies this week? Late change any chance?

Good post Tannin!

I share your concerns about the burden that Grundy will carry as the number one ruckman this week again despite the fatigue he endured in last week's match against the Lions in the latter stages of the game. I suspect that Buckley and the coaching staff will primarily use Grundy as our ruckman for an overwhelming period of time but Jesse White will be the pinch-hitting ruckman when Grundy has his inevitable rests on the bench throughout the match.

In regards to your question about the emergencies listed, the following players that are listed as emergencies for this match are Sam Dwyer, Patrick Karnezis and Corey Gault.

Last weeks heat / humidity factor probably made the fitness levels across the board look worse than they are. Etihad is small and covered, (I think so anyway, it looks smaller!) so hopefully a bit of a rest. Not sure what to expect. The fun of a young team, who's going to show up! Cheers

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 9:28 am

think positive wrote:
Albow wrote:
Im rapt with the inclusion of Seedsman, his ability to break the lines and depth with his kicking are fine assets to our backline. Once he establishes himself in the team I think you will find he will be a vital cog in our defensive rebounds.

And he can kick!

Overrated kick in my view.

He has a lovely style but jeez he kicks a lot of points. Hopefully, that improves along with his less than good defensive skills.

I'm excited by Oxley who is a terrific kick, better mark & better defensively than Seeds. Seeds on a wing might be interesting.

gurugeoff 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 10:26 am

perthmagpie wrote:
Where is Kennedy? Not named in AFL or VFL team.

i was thinking he has been placed in the never play again bucket, given that he can't get a game in the midfield even with Sidebottom, Greenwood and Thomas out. But as stated previously, perhaps he is injured.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 12:27 pm

^^^ No, he hurt himself late in the VFL game last week. If he were fit and firing, he would play ahead of Greenwood and Thomas (but not Sidebottom).
ThePieMind 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 12:56 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
^^^ No, he hurt himself late in the VFL game last week. If he were fit and firing, he would play ahead of Greenwood and Thomas (but not Sidebottom).

Not sure I can agree.
Greenwood has far more grunt and size - he is 11kg heavier than BK and 6cm taller.
BK doesn't have the inside game of Greenwood.
So I would take Greenwood ahead of BK, and Thomas is more line ball, but this is academic seeing he will be rubbed out.

I really want BK to succeed but we need far more than the glimpses of talent that we have seen todate.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 2:57 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Yn1xwu5h10Q
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 3:18 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Yn1xwu5h10Q

I've seen that clip about 20 times and it still cracks me up. Laughing
Mossi Leo

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 3:31 pm

roar wrote:
Nice to see we've added another halfback flanker. He'll slot in well with the other 7.

Very Happy I would call them defensive midfielders, looks like Bucks wants more rotations in the halfback area so he wants players that can play that position. Mind you Seedsmall is an attacking half back!!
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 3:33 pm

[quote] D he or she would call them defensive midfielders sounds very attractive.
R_T_RUSH 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 3:36 pm

ThePieMind wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:

Not sure I can agree.
Greenwood has far more grunt and size - he is 11kg heavier than BK and 6cm taller.
BK doesn't have the inside game of Greenwood.
So I would take Greenwood ahead of BK, and Thomas is more line ball, but this is academic seeing he will be rubbed out.

I really want BK to succeed but we need far more than the glimpses of talent that we have seen todate.

The Kennedy/Thomas cloning experiment has failed. One has shot himself in the foot the other is a foot too short.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 3:42 pm

Sloane is in Doubt

http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-premiership/rory-sloane-in-doubt-for-adelaide-after-missing-training-today/story-e6frf3e3-1227298801484?sv=115af7cd3ade9074b24904a36bf1fa07

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 4:43 pm

watt price tully wrote:
think positive wrote:
Albow wrote:
Im rapt with the inclusion of Seedsman, his ability to break the lines and depth with his kicking are fine assets to our backline. Once he establishes himself in the team I think you will find he will be a vital cog in our defensive rebounds.

And he can kick!

He has a lovely style but jeez he kicks a lot of points. Hopefully, that improves along with his less than good defensive skills.

I'm excited by Oxley who is a terrific kick, better mark & better defensively than Seeds. Seeds on a wing might be interesting.

Cheaper points than clokes though!

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 7:20 pm

Pies by eight points, just a hunch I have, nothing more.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 7:50 pm

watt price tully wrote:
think positive wrote:
Albow wrote:

And he can kick!

he gets the points mainly because he's going for extra length, whereas when he passes he's very very good.

i'd like him on the wing too, he can loop back through half back and run forward, but lets be realistic. The game now only has set positions at centre bounces. Once the ball hits the deck it's an under 10's game of everyone follow the ball.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 8:57 pm

stui magpie wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
think positive wrote:
Albow wrote:

And he can kick!

he gets the points mainly because he's going for extra length, whereas when he passes he's very very good.

i'd like him on the wing too, he can loop back through half back and run forward, but lets be realistic. The game now only has set positions at centre bounces. Once the ball hits the deck it's an under 10's game of everyone follow the ball.

How many times do I have to tell you Stui? Your mother & I have had concerns for a while now. The under 10's is just that under 10's. You can't expect to play each week just because you've done your homework & kept your room clean for a week.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 9 of 11   

Jump to: