Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre match. Pies v. Crows - All comments please

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 4:11 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

What'sinaname wrote:
Let's hope Adelaide have a tough game today against the Kangas. Some sore and tired bodies would be helpful.

Missing Sidebottom is a problem.

and a Injury or 2 Wink

AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 4:30 pm

Jezza wrote:
I don't think Oxley will get dropped Swoop! He showed enough for me that he deserves to stay in the side next week.

Kennedy is definitely the obvious inclusion for mine and potentially Broomhead. We also need another tall forward as I felt we were one tall forward short tonight from dominating at one stage.

We might have lost the game if we had an extra tall. Would have been even more out on our feet. And a 53 point lead is quite dominant already.

Hoping/expecting one or two of Kennedy, Broomhead and Freeman to play next week. We won last night but there is definite improvement to be had.

We do seem to be building a game plan which relies heavily on run out of defense though, that probably explains the number of half back flankers in our team and on our list.

Peponi 

There is only one team. And that team is Collingwood.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 4:34 pm

Great win last night. Brilliant first three quarters. Deserved the 4 points.
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 5:14 pm

Crows are looking a different class to the Lions.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 6:00 pm

^ The crows are a five to six goals better team at home, in front of their feral maniacs, we have a very good record against them too.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 6:47 pm

If North are any good, then we're going to get smashed next week as Adelaide are killing it today.

Just hope North are the great pretenders.

qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 7:25 pm

I just watched the crows Norff game and the crows played on at all costs for most of the game and had manic pressure for all but 20 minutes of the 3rd quarter.
They looked very good. Walker clunked 16 marks and kicked 5 or 6 dangerfield played at FF for a while and his speed was very noticeable against slow Blackman he kicked 3 before 1/2 time.
We will need lots of run & pressure to be competitive.
Norff looked dangerous when they played on and busted the zone with longer kicks letting the quick mids run onto it.
Hoping Sidey's thumb is only 2 weeks
ABC radio saying could have to be pinned now and would be 12-14 weeks if so.
Let's hope this is just some more magpie bashing and there hoping for the worse as usual.
On another note I doubt dangerfield will be on the open market now. He loves the lime light and being played at FF and kicking goals will allow him to attract more attention and Brownlow votes lock him in to sign new 4yr deal now. Walsh to playing to his ego and he will love it.
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 7:51 pm

How good is Dangerfield!
Worth throwing the house at him for his services.

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 7:59 pm

North have no Good KPD.

We play more like we did in the 2nd and 3rd Qtr we be a Chance

MJ23 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 8:21 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
Given our dominance until injuries and fatigue took hold, it's hard to imagine Bucks will make too many changes, but nevertheless I'd like to see the following:

Out: Sidey (inj), Oxley, Goldsack

In: Kennedy, Karnezis, Witts (or Gault).

Oxley, did OK and would be a bit unlucky to miss, but I suspect he was the extra small defender played to suit the wet conditions in Brissy. I know he's a good tackler, but honestly, I'm just about over Goldy. He simply does not get his hands on the ball enough. I'd like to see De Goey start on the ground this week. As much as I'd like to see Broomhead back in the side, I'd like to see him dominate at VFL first. Same goes for Freeman.

Ah oxley is 192cm. Can play small or tall but will be either attacking flanker or wing.

Can think of a few reasons Goldsack won't be dropped.
Twice Goldsack was free on a turn over inside 50 and ignored after making the hard running.
He was as hard as any player on the ground and is one of the few blokes on the list who can hold down a defensive post if required and player other positions.
We have a heap of players in the side with less than 50 games and With those outs your taking two 100+ players out for three players under 50. One I know is forced but .......
He has had games where he lacked impact but last night want one of them.

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 8:33 pm

Fair to say an impressive display by Adelaide under there new coach.

Very Port like and no surprise as Walsh was held in very high regard at that club.

We'll certainly be up against better opposition next week and it'll take some performance to win even more so now that Sidey has joined Greenwood on the sidelines.

Walker and Jenkins are going to provide our defenders with some head aches, Jacobs a tough ask for young Grundy, Talia has done very well on Cloke in the past and Dangerfield and Sloane are game breaking midfielders of real quality.

Win next week and we would have done extremely well with the list in it's current shape as Adelaide would be close to full strength.

Mossi Leo

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 8:47 pm

What'sinaname wrote:
If North are any good, then we're going to get smashed next week as Adelaide are killing it today.

Just hope North are the great pretenders.

First game of the year but the Roos are soft! No forward defensive pressure and easily pushed off the ball, that is why even if they have a lot of talent they are no Premiership threat.
Museman 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 9:03 pm

Norf had a bad day, butterfingered everything early and it snowballed....

That said the cows will have their tails up for a bit, no threat in the long run imo, but they'll be more than awkward next week.
Stupied 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 10:56 pm

Out: Sidebottom, DeGoey

In: Broomhead, Gault

Never thought that I would advocate playing Gault, but his preseason form was solid, and I think Grundy will benefit from having an extra player that can give him a chop out. It was between him and PK, but the ability to ruck puts him ahead at the moment imo.

Broomy played well in the game against Casey, and is the most similar player to Sidey. Give him a run through the guts in the seniors instead of as a forward and see how he goes. Could be the making of the kid.
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 11:49 pm

I agree that our selection of many half back flankers was due to the conditions in Brisbane. Conditions at Etihad will be the direct opposite of what we encountered in Brisbane: dry surface and ball.
with Sidey out, I agree with all those who suggest that we need to compensate for his absence with midfielders. That would be my reason for dropping one of the half back flankers and bringing in Broomhead and Kennedy(or potentially starting de Goey with one of Broomhead/Kennedy). Then I would bring in either Gault or Karnezis as an extra tall up forward...maybe I would go with Gault, who could give relief to Brodie.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 2 of 11   

Jump to: