Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

NBB Player Sponsorship Feedback

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> NBB Player Sponsorship

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MargOZ Taurus

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 4:51 pm
Post subject: NBB Player Sponsorship FeedbackReply with quote

Hi guys,

I have had some feedback from members of the sponsorship group about arranging something that involves us and our sponsored player.

When we first commenced sponsoring a player (which I've just realised was over 10 years ago now....do I get LSL? Smile ), we were able to organise a lunch with our sponsored player but over the years it has become more difficult to get access to our player, even to the point that our last request to get a Q&A done via email didn't end up happening.

I am more than happy to try something for this year. One suggestion has been meeting up at training and getting to have a chat with our player and a group photo.

I'm conscious that we do not receive enough in return from our sponsorship for every person contributing to receive a prize, and with raffles there is no guarantee you will get something for your input. We've said from day one that the money you contribute is to be able to say you are a part of a Player Sponsorship group and to represent our great NBB community within the Club.

Having said that, I am always open to feedback or suggestions. I have been running the sponsorship for the enjoyment factor (which is usually once the money is in!!!) but that doesn't mean I decide how it all works.

If anyone has any ideas please post them here, we can have a chat about them and then make some group decisions on what we'd like to do now and in the future. Keep in mind that I will usually go with the consensus but may need to make an executive decision if an outcome can't be reached!

Another thing we did in the past was give out certificates to contributors, that then became a copy of a certificate we received from the Club but I must admit I don't recall if we've had certificates in the last couple of years. Is a certificate something contributors are interested in?

Would you like me to put something forward to the Club in regard to getting some time with our sponsored player this season?

Is everyone still happy to receive one ticket in each raffle for every $10 contributed? If someone wins a major prize, should they be eligible to win another in the same season?

Anything else.....

Fire away.....!!!! Very Happy
larrylj Pisces

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:54 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Marg, as if you don't already do enough for us!! The one thing I really loved in the past were the recognition certificates. No we haven't had them for a couple of years, but it would be great to have again.
I have been really lucky with raflles and won something major most years, but think one person might be selfless enough to pull out of raffles if they win one big thing per year, but that's for individuals to work out I guess.
Yes, I think 1 raffle chance per $10 is still fair.
Happy to be involved in any group activity if I can, but not fussed about what that might be.
Thanks again Marg for all your work. Very Happy

fan4collingwood Aries

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 1:10 pm

I think that the 1 ticket per $10 is great. And being a part of Nicks is a great thing to have the chance to be a part of the sponsorship group.

I also like you asking first who is available for certain tickets such as the Launch, breakfast and the presidents lunch, it must save some time for you Marg.

And double Larrylj's thanks to Marg for all the work in making this happen once more.!

Proud Pies Aquarius

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:02 pm

^^^ all of the above^^^

and ditto on the Marg Appreciation Society Smile

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:25 pm

Yeah, 1 ticket per $10 works and I personally really like the certificate which we haven't had for a year or 2. I'm happy with a scanned emailed copy of the club provided one to Nicks BB, no need to create personalised ones.

I like the current set up for dinners etc where people have to nominate their availability before the raffle is done, cuts out a hell of a lot of potential "Thanks but I can't go"

And to echo what some others say, thank you Marg for doing this, you do a great job. Thank you.

Arch@M32 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 4:19 pm

I think the 1 ticket per $10 is the most suitable setup. I think having people pm with availability for events saves a huge amount of time. Should people be able to win multiple raffles and therefore possibly win everything? I believe people should be able to enter after winning something already unless all raffles were to be drawn at the start of the year.
I say this as someone may have their heart set on something that is not raffled until later in the season. Do they only enter that raffle, reducing their chances dramatically of receiving anything, or do they enter earlier raffles too and possibly have no chance later to win the item they wanted?
larrylj Pisces

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:21 am

Hi Marg, Any chance of getting some freebies to one of the Players Breakfasts. I went to one a couple of years ago and it was very good. Just an idea for another raffle (in your spare time!!)
Cheers

MargOZ Taurus

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 6:58 pm

Sorry larrylj, what do you mean about getting some freebies?
larrylj Pisces

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 5:17 am

It costs $65 to attend the players breakfast. Do the club issue any tickets to Nick's as a sponsor? (freebies) I just thought that might be another raffle option for us. If they don't then that's obviously not an option.
Just trying to suggest more ideas.

MargOZ Taurus

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 2:12 pm

Yep we do normally get 2 x tickets to the breakfast that we raffle off. In the past we could also purchase extras but I think that stopped in recent years unfortunately.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> NBB Player Sponsorship All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: