Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre match. Pies v. Saints - All comments please

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 12, 13, 14  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hiss Taurus

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 4:03 pm
Post subject: HeyReply with quote

What's the meaning of taking Varcoe out? He is one of the best things we have recruited in years. Worth every cent. Do you actually come to the games and watch him play? He is a champion and a great leadership influence on the younger blokes. Look at what a fantastic Premiership player he was at Geelong. Balme rates him highly and that's why we got him. He is an amazing talent and will rise higher with each game. Without him we would not have beaten the Bears in Round One. So please when you are calling for players to be dropped, put down your beer googles and pick ones who deserve to be rather than champions.
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 4:12 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

We should win and in saying that it's not always the case. White will be interesting this week, I wonder if Tarzan or Jane will turn up. The team will come back to match ups but as we don't have the match fit players I can only see Sincalir out and the Goer in as sub.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 4:33 pm

How do we stop Josh Bruce as he is in Great Form in his 1st 2 Games up Forward
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 5:47 pm

Culprit wrote:
We should win and in saying that it's not always the case. White will be interesting this week, I wonder if Tarzan or Jane will turn up. The team will come back to match ups but as we don't have the match fit players I can only see Sincalir out and the Goer in as sub.

Given that it's not week one of the NAB challenge, I'm betting it'll be Jane. we only have to wait for 20 more H&A games before we see the best of White again.

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 6:50 pm

jackcass wrote:

The Sack had a shocker yesterday but form to date this season means he gets another chance. Could lose his spot to either De Goey or Moore the following week if he repeats this weeks form.

I haven't seen the replay but i thought Sack got sent down back after Sinclair's injury and to shore up the backline a bit. In that regard i thought he did his job down there. I don't think he'll be going anywhere. Fasolo is the one I'd look at replacing. Been in the system for ca 5 years now, and if he is going to be an impact player he hasn;t really shown it yet.

5150 Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 7:25 pm

In: Dwyer, DeGoey, Witts if fit or Reid.
Out: Fasolo, Goldsack, Sinclair (inj)

Maybe Brown out if there is no match up for him - too slow for Reiwoldt and not sure who else the saints have as a plodding forward since Kozshitski left... then Freeman in as sub.

Save Moore for ANZAC day!
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 8:51 pm

5150 wrote:
In: Dwyer, DeGoey, Witts if fit or Reid.
Out: Fasolo, Goldsack, Sinclair (inj)

Maybe Brown out if there is no match up for him - too slow for Reiwoldt and not sure who else the saints have as a plodding forward since Kozshitski left... then Freeman in as sub.

Save Moore for ANZAC day!

Brown can take McCardin and Frost take Reiwoldt.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:11 pm

Mugwump wrote:
jackcass wrote:

The Sack had a shocker yesterday but form to date this season means he gets another chance. Could lose his spot to either De Goey or Moore the following week if he repeats this weeks form.

I haven't seen the replay but i thought Sack got sent down back after Sinclair's injury and to shore up the backline a bit. In that regard i thought he did his job down there. I don't think he'll be going anywhere. Fasolo is the one I'd look at replacing. Been in the system for ca 5 years now, and if he is going to be an impact player he hasn;t really shown it yet.

He did get sent to defense but even then he was very ordinary. I can't recall the last time he played as poorly (and I know the haters will have a list of such games) but it's not my expectation of him.

At the start of the season we had 19 guys with 50+ games and that included Faz and Elliott on 52. We are now missing Reid, Sidebottom, Greenwood, and Macaffer from that cohort and we need the the remainder playing consistently to support the kids, Goldy needs to do better.
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:41 pm

Goldsack will play his handful of standout games but he'll never be better than an honest battler.

His whole career has been the same, an eternal tease so why would it change now?

Some supporters seem to have a real problem in that they want to see a more talented side take to the field but don't want to drop the good guys of the team in order to do it.

Something has to give in order for change.

perthmagpie Aries

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:03 pm

I don't think Reid will play AFL this week. Still playing limited time. Witts is very close to ready. De Goey needs some more VFL games where he gets more involved with more disposals. Freeman was close to BOG. Looking very, very fit. May get a game soon. I suspect we may bring in one or two debutants in the next three weeks.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:11 pm

perthmagpie wrote:
I don't think Reid will play AFL this week. Still playing limited time. Witts is very close to ready. De Goey needs some more VFL games where he gets more involved with more disposals. Freeman was close to BOG. Looking very, very fit. May get a game soon. I suspect we may bring in one or two debutants in the next three weeks.

What about Goodyear he was our Best Mid in the VFL?

Pies2016 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:31 pm

Their three talls are riewoldt, bruce and membrey. Mccartin not even playing.
Brown isnt going anywhere other than fullback on friday night. Membrey is a log but is a straight shot at goal usually ( crap against G C )

For the pies to win, nothing changes. It starts with mid field pressure and hard running to help out the defence.
slangman 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:38 pm

They need to workout what Goldsacks role is within the team. I feel that the coaches are unsure and he's playing accordingly.
De Goey needs to play a full game as does Freeman.

Fasolo needs to learn to present. Third qtr on a counter attack Langdon marked 50m out with a 2on2 in our forward line. Fas was 20m out beside his opponent and just waved for the ball to be kicked long. Not one lead was offered to Langdon by which time the crows got back and Langdons kick dropped 5m short. Fasolo is in his 5 season now and needs to be doing the basics on autopilot.

And while I'm at it about our forwards, any chance that one could play in front of his opponent?....😁

TimetoFly 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 11:04 pm

After re-thinking the situation this is what I would like to see. But it won't happen

Out goldsack sinclair varcoe Ramsey frost crisp
In karnezis Moore reid freeman de goey Witts

Toovey. Brown. Moore

Langdon. Reid. Williams

Freeman. Swan Seedsman

fasolo. Cloke. Broomhead

Elliot. White. Karnezis

Foll: Grundy. Pendles Adams

Inter: Blair Witts de goey oxley

We can't play both brown & frost in same team. Great stoppers but don't offer drive. They don't get the ball and when they do they don't use it well.

Goldsack doesn't hit the scoreboard or get heaps of possession. Karnezis will offer another scoring option

Moore & reid both are great readers of the play and can offer an attacking flair

Varcoe is not the future, freeman is and lets get games into him

Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 11:22 pm

The blood of the saints is going to flow like the rivers of ancient Babylon!!

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 2 of 14   

Jump to: