Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre match. Pies v. Saints - All comments please

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 12, 13, 14  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:56 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a couple of senior players in the gun like most but we need to remember right now, degoey, freeman and moore havent even played a VFL match this year. They have been good in the VFL practice matches but this week is another step up again. Let them dominate a couple fair dinkum VFL games when the heat is really on and their time will come soon enough.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:59 am

I'm pretty happy with this side. I suspect we'll see Moore and either De Goey or Freeman come in to the side for ANZAC day. I think the cautious approach to Freeman is due to his shocking injury record last year. The club appears to be waiting until they are 100 per cent happy with his fitness and ability to push himself with the extra intensity demanded of senior footy. It's pretty clear this is a rebuilding year, so as long as by the end of the year we have players like Moore, De Goey, Freeman, Scharenberg, Witts, Broomhead, Grundy, Oxley, Ramsay and possibly Marsh entrenched in our best 22 I'll be very happy with our trajectory. Make no mistake, regardless of our win/loss results this year, it's an exciting time watching so many young players developing together.
Neil Appleby Taurus

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:10 am

I think it's an indictment that Faz has been dropped; an indictment on him. Here is an elite user of the ball with a few years experience under his belt, surrounded by kids with under 20 games and who can't kick and yet they are preferred to him. This is not a fitness thing. Faz had a great pre season and so this omission is very telling. He looked impressive in every session I saw, but there are always the lingering questions:
-does he work hard enough?
-can he develop a defensive mindset?
-can he be relied upon?
-can he impose himself on a game?
The answer to all of these questions is no. Play him if we need to, but Faz shouldn't be part of our long-term plans IMO.

Some players impress as soon as they are thrown into match situations. Moore, DeGoey and Sharenberg display mature poise and an appetite for the contest. They are natural competitors and display leadership. We know these boys will be very good. Maynard, Goodyear and Marsh will make it too, but they need longer. Michael Manteit and Brenden Abbott both have attributes that I reckon can translate into good players. Manteit already has a strong body and a great tank. These two are green but have a natural competitiveness and aggression.

It's crossroads for Faz but not many of us are surprised he's in this situation; most of us saw it coming.

I want to see Moore, Sharenberg and DeGoey in the team asap. We can't throw them to the wolves though. We need to be a bit patient with them. Let them get some VFL experience.

Karnezis? Haven't seen anything to warrant selection so far. Ditto Nathan Freeman.

thompsoc 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:47 am

Neil Appleby wrote:
I think it's an indictment that Faz has been dropped; an indictment on him. Here is an elite user of the ball with a few years experience under his belt, surrounded by kids with under 20 games and who can't kick and yet they are preferred to him. This is not a fitness thing. Faz had a great pre season and so this omission is very telling. He looked impressive in every session I saw, but there are always the lingering questions:
-can he be relied upon?
The answer to all of these questions is no. Play him if we need to, but Faz shouldn't be part of our long-term plans IMO.

Some players impress as soon as they are thrown into match situations. Moore, DeGoey and Sharenberg display mature poise and an appetite for the contest. They are natural competitors and display leadership. We know these boys will be very good. Maynard, Goodyear and Marsh will make it too, but they need longer. Michael Manteit and Brenden Abbott both have attributes that I reckon can translate into good players. Manteit already has a strong body and a great tank. These two are green but have a natural competitiveness and aggression.

It's crossroads for Faz but not many of us are surprised he's in this situation; most of us saw it coming.

I want to see Moore, Sharenberg and DeGoey in the team asap. We can't throw them to the wolves though. We need to be a bit patient with them. Let them get some VFL experience.

Karnezis? Haven't seen anything to warrant selection so far. Ditto Nathan Freeman.

This post is what I like about Neil!
It has criticism and praise and great analysis of individual players.
He doesn't say this guy is a definite triple brownlow winner even
though he hasn't played a game yet!
He goes to most training sessions and he gives us lazy dudes like me the measured benefits of what he observes.
Both him and Magpie bat who always gives us a run down of the VFL
are my two favourite posters on Nicks.
As soon as they post I am eager to read their views.
I also like DTM and ...
Now for my long lists of dislikes.....

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:50 am

MY first live game of the season, so hopefully our lads can do the right thing and make our trip to the G worthwhile !. Looking forward to seeing our new players,-was hoping for Moore and Freeman, but ah well-and seeing how determined we are after last weeks loss. I think we can win this, if we play for four qtrs. switched on, like we did in the 3rd qtr up at the Gabba. !

Pies by 22 points, after competitive game, and no injuries, please !!

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
RudeBoy 

Neil Appleby wrote:
-can he be relied upon?

An excellent summation Neil.

I haven't seen any of the VFL practice games so I can't comment on Freeman's form, but I did hear good reports about his last game from a couple of friends. I suspect the club's adopting a cautious approach to him after his season was ruined by horrific hamstring problems last year. I'd be surprised if he he doesn't debut for us within the next 3-4 weeks.
mattys123 

Hints around that Pendles will be the late withdrawal tonight, and so will Riewoldt, which will even it out a fair bit.

Moore and McCartin to debut in the same game.
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:57 am

mattys123 wrote:
Hints around that Pendles will be the late withdrawal tonight, and so will Riewoldt, which will even it out a fair bit.

why would you bring in moore for pendles? it'd make more sense to play jdg, like for like otherwise who comes into the midfield?

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:17 pm

John Wren wrote:
mattys123 wrote:

why would you bring in moore for pendles? it'd make more sense to play jdg, like for like otherwise who comes into the midfield?

Dwyer moves into the midfield. I'd play Moore on a wing and throw Varcoe through the midfield as well.
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:27 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
John Wren wrote:
mattys123 wrote:

Dwyer moves into the midfield. I'd play Moore on a wing and throw Varcoe through the midfield as well.

i'd say dwyer and varcoe would already be part of the midfield rotations. if moore was to come in i'd have him in the vest and give seedsman a full game.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:31 pm

John Wren wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
John Wren wrote:
mattys123 wrote:

i'd say dwyer and varcoe would already be part of the midfield rotations. if moore was to come in i'd have him in the vest and give seedsman a full game.

Good call.
doriswilgus 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:00 pm

If it's going to be wet,if you can believe the forecast,wouldn't it be better to bring in Degoey,if Pendelbury doesn't come up?
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:12 pm

mattys123 wrote:

Source as same things where being said Last Year - Though I think that be very Likely.

Any updates on Pendles,Adams and Varcoe?

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:46 pm

Hope the Rain stays away tonight
mgh3536 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 3:01 pm

Wink wink maybe a former lion will get a game!!!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 13 of 14   

Jump to: