Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre match. Pies v. Saints - All comments please

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 11:57 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Out: Fasolo, Sinclair (inj)
In: Gault, de Goey

Kennedy should come in for one of the seventeen half-back flankers, probably poor Ramsey who hasn't done too much wrong, but WTF is going on with him anyway?

If we are hunting for inclusions, I actually don't mind the notion of playing Armstrong. He has done better than OK in his very few senior appearances and I reckon he'd rise to the occasion. I haven't seen anything very good from Freeman, but maybe he's doing something in the twos to justify his top-10 draft spot. Is he ready yet?

Not keen on playing any of the just-back-from-injury crowd such as Witts and Reid. Give them a chance to play some reserves footy first.

De Goey comes in because we desperately need genuine midfielders. Gault comes in because we desperately need a forward who can score a couple.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 12:48 am

wont be easy I reckon, saint vomit will have their tails up. We are at least on the rebound from a loss, our determination must be up a fair bit now, and we are forewarned at least, that the saints are not as shithouse as we expected, forewarned is forearmed. Hope witts, degoey, freeman, all come in, drop the sack and varcoe gets one more chance to redeem, but that's it.I think we can win this by around twenty points, and take that gladly.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 2:54 am

Lose to the saints and Buckley needs to resign, it's as simple as that, might be time for edd to go as well.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:09 am

RudeBoy wrote:
5150 wrote:
In: Dwyer, DeGoey, Witts if fit or Reid.
Out: Fasolo, Goldsack, Sinclair (inj)

Maybe Brown out if there is no match up for him - too slow for Reiwoldt and not sure who else the saints have as a plodding forward since Kozshitski left... then Freeman in as sub.

Save Moore for ANZAC day!

Brown can take McCardin and Frost take Reiwoldt.

mccartin won't play. unlike most clubs in their position, they're not rushing with him.

3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:50 am

Wont want to underrate these gutter crawlers, definitely bring in De Goey, Dwyer and Gault. Freeman also looked good in the VFL. De Goey can at least hit a target and will love been at the G

www.facebook/the hybernators
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:27 am

Defender wrote:
Lose to the saints and Buckley needs to resign, it's as simple as that, might be time for edd to go as well.

And would you say that applies to Eade, MM, Leppitch, Roos, Hardwick, and Scott if their teams lose again, after round 3 too. ?? Confused

Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:29 am

We have DeGoey, Moore, Freeman, Scharenberg, Grundy, Broomhead, Langdon, Elliott ... a great young core. Unfortunately, it will be 3-4 years before they are collectively match-hardened and good enough to compete amongst the best. I mean, the Gold Coast Suns have the best talent in the league, and have been together for 3-4-5 years now, and even they are struggling, even with G.Ablett. It's going to be a long hard wait I'm afraid. With the physical demands, hard running, relenntless tackling, rebuilds take too long now. Young teams, for the most part, have no chance. It's all about fitness from years of pre-seasons and match practice. GWS were in more games than not until 3/4 time, then got trounced week in week out in the 4th quarter due to lack of legs. We've got a long wait ahead of us...
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:36 am

Raw Hammer wrote:
We have DeGoey, Moore, Freeman, Scharenberg, Grundy, Broomhead, Langdon, Elliott ... a great young core. Unfortunately, it will be 3-4 years before they are collectively match-hardened and good enough to compete amongst the best. I mean, the Gold Coast Suns have the best talent in the league, and have been together for 3-4-5 years now, and even they are struggling, even with G.Ablett. It's going to be a long hard wait I'm afraid. With the physical demands, hard running, relenntless tackling, rebuilds take too long now. Young teams, for the most part, have no chance. It's all about fitness from years of pre-seasons and match practice. GWS were in more games than not until 3/4 time, then got trounced week in week out in the 4th quarter due to lack of legs. We've got a long wait ahead of us...

These words he speaks are true, wise and wisdom here, we wont come to fruition until season 2017, in my humble opinion. ! Smile

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 1:33 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
Raw Hammer wrote:

These words he speaks are true, wise and wisdom here, we wont come to fruition until season 2017, in my humble opinion. ! Smile

Agree. Just as an aside, wouldn't be writing of the Suns just yet. Had a horrendous preseason with player availability but will improve as the season progresses.
Bay Pie 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 2:29 pm

The Suns were diabolically bad last week.

Wont be many changes but Goldy to go back for Sinclair and bring in any of Dwyer, PK or JDG. We may even opt for a 3rd tall in Gault or Witts. Brodie needs some help soon.

Goldy will just never get enough of the ball as a forward and we have Blair doing a pretty good job so far as the defensive forward while kicking a few goals.

Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 2:30 pm

jackcass wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
Raw Hammer wrote:

Agree. Just as an aside, wouldn't be writing of the Suns just yet. Had a horrendous preseason with player availability but will improve as the season progresses.

I'm not writing the Suns off, I think they'll be awesome. I'm just saying that even in year 4 (last year) they struggled to make the 8 (admittedly once G.Ablett went down), but they have THE BEST young talent in the land next to GWS. We think our talent is good, and will get us to teh promised land. I hope they do. But GCS young talent is BETTER, and they have a few years' head start too. It's going to be a long, tough slog with no guranatees, but it's the right path. Heck, When Clarkson came on the scene, Hawthorn were 'laughed' at. They chipped it around, played keepings-off, got smashed on the scoreboard...but they were developing together. Now, look at them. Their keeping's-off style is longer, more precise, and many of those players are still in the team (3 premierships later). It takes TIME and PATIENCE. I don't understand all of Buckley's moves (I don't think he knows how a good forward line should function, and can't explain his defensive structure for opposition kick-ins) but once he gets his full squad on the park playing together, then I'll make the call...hopefully he knows what he's building and it pays off.

Bay Pie 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 2:31 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
Defender wrote:

And would you say that applies to Eade, MM, Leppitch, Roos, Hardwick, and Scott if their teams lose again, after round 3 too. ?? Confused

and Hinkley Rolling Eyes

3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 2:52 pm

Bay Pie wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
Defender wrote:

and Hinkley Rolling Eyes

True Josh Carr could take Hinkley's spot in a heart beat according to two blokes allegedly fishing on hendley beach.

www.facebook/the hybernators
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 3:41 pm

Moore might be a Rough Chance
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:14 pm

[img]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CCclUFeUgAAe_i1.jpg:large[/img]
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 3 of 14   

Jump to: