Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Dank verdict reeks of a cover up at the League

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
E 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:55 pm
Post subject: Dank verdict reeks of a cover up at the LeagueReply with quote

So let me get this right. Dank was suspended on 10 counts of trafficking illegal drugs during his time on the Essendon coaching staff (where his primary role was to assist the players at the essendon football club), and the the only charges he is guilty of, it seems, is that he sold drugs to certain coaches for personal use!!!!!

Not guilty of administering illegal substances to Essendon players.

DO THEY THINK WE ARE ALL COMPLETE IDIOTS?

Seriously, it is a complete and absolute insult to my intelligence (and everyone elses).

No one honestly believes that these findings contain complete disclosure of what they know?

With this verdict, the AFL is guilty of being a corrupt organization that is lying to its own fans to protect its image and the image of its players.

Baseball tried that and it failed miserably. They have since corrected the way they pilice drugs in that sport (and its really good now) BUT they only did it when the fans of the game demanded more of their organization (and they realized that the integrity of the game was more important than player or team). We want to believe these guys become what they are without cheating. The sport must support that illusion. Or the sport will die!

WE MUST DEMAND MORE OF THE AFL!

Last edited by E on Sat Apr 18, 2015 12:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Hiss Taurus

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 12:08 am
Post subject: Re: Dank verdict wreaks of a cover up at the LeagueReply with quote

You must accept the umpires verdict. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it is wrong. We need to keep a lid on this so our boys don't end up with a tough decision thanks to the 'hang em all' brigade.
bally12 Aquarius

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 12:10 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Agree 100%. To top it off, they declare the only substance that he wasn't guilty of administering is TB4, which happens to be the one substance for which Essendon were pursued by ASADA. Co-incidence? Give me a break AFL.
E 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 12:10 am

sorry Hiss, I like corruption and cover ups as much as the next guy.

Just don't insult my intelligence by coming out with a big headline saying you got the guy, when it is all just a PR exercise designed to fool the ignorant.

ronrat 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 12:35 am

WADA will be onto this like mad. Forget ASADA, a discredited mob of numpties. The real problem for the AFL is that without ASADA compliance they have no access to Commonwealth funding or loans for stadium rebuilds, access roads, public transport infrastructure and sadly Auskick and overseas development. It is not about branding or otherwise. Footy , and even more so NRL, survived rape, sexual misconduct, booze and umpteen booze related crimes and traffic offences. Ask Ben Cousins. . It would survive this as Cronulla has shown. Yeah I know that the majority of football stadia is nomnally cricket controlled but there is not a hope in hell of redevelopments being done of the magnitude of the Adelaide Oval and MCG redevelopments without footy dollars, and with that normally comes Government grants, loans and guarantees in exchange for political capital.

Demetriou should have stood down the entire Essendon Club, players the lot. Then we would have had some real truth. Taken the hit and reintroduced the bye for a year. Forget the commercial side. Then the players would have turned on Dank, Hird and whoever else and the truth would come out, somewhere. As it is the AFL have been backed into a corner. Mind you they started that when they let Alistair Lynch continue on a drugs regime.

E 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 12:47 am

I would have thought this thread was worthy of discussion on the only board 90% of posters are ever going to read. by moving it, you will just get another one starting up after this. Poor decision by whoever decided to move it.

Leave it here for a few days so we can express on a topic that is I'm sure of great interest to all Collingwood fans (as fans of footy).

Please don't send this thread to di!

perthmagpie Aries

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 1:30 am
Post subject: Lynch used DHEA which is used for CFS which he actually had.Reply with quote

ronrat wrote:
WADA will be onto this like mad. Forget ASADA, a discredited mob of numpties. The real problem for the AFL is that without ASADA compliance they have no access to Commonwealth funding or loans for stadium rebuilds, access roads, public transport infrastructure and sadly Auskick and overseas development. It is not about branding or otherwise. Footy , and even more so NRL, survived rape, sexual misconduct, booze and umpteen booze related crimes and traffic offences. Ask Ben Cousins. . It would survive this as Cronulla has shown. Yeah I know that the majority of football stadia is nomnally cricket controlled but there is not a hope in hell of redevelopments being done of the magnitude of the Adelaide Oval and MCG redevelopments without footy dollars, and with that normally comes Government grants, loans and guarantees in exchange for political capital.

Demetriou should have stood down the entire Essendon Club, players the lot. Then we would have had some real truth. Taken the hit and reintroduced the bye for a year. Forget the commercial side. Then the players would have turned on Dank, Hird and whoever else and the truth would come out, somewhere. As it is the AFL have been backed into a corner. Mind you they started that when they let Alistair Lynch continue on a drugs regime.

I agree with most of that except Lynch was no doper. He suffered terribly from CFS and tried everything including DHEA which is prescribed often for fatigue by neurologists.

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 1:55 am

Yep - Just keeps looking worse and worse for the Peptipe Bummers and the Corrupt AFL
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 1:55 am

How can Dank be guilty if Essendon are not?

What am I missing here?

It isn't common sense.

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 2:05 am

ronrat wrote:

Didn’t he ring Essendon a week before this was Announced? Wink

E 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 3:19 am

swoop42 wrote:
How can Dank be guilty if Essendon are not?

What am I missing here?

It isn't common sense.

you need to read the verdict. He was found guilty of supplying drugs to coaches of various teams for personal use, but not of trafficking drugs to players. For some reason, he went to all the trouble of becoming a drug trafficker, without once thinking

"wouldn't it look good if I could use these drugs I'm giving opposing coaches for personal use on the players that I am getting paid to make better???????"

Apparently that never once entered his head!!!!!

THEY THINK WE ARE MORONS!

Bucks5 Capricorn

Nicky D - Parting the red sea

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 8:59 am

This is as fishy as the part of the players verdict that said something like, although Charters imported the peptide TB4 from China the tribunal wasn't comfortably satisfied that the substance delivered was actually TB4.

Maybe the people who get penalties for downloading the 'Dallas Buyers Club' just need to delete the file and claim that 'Debbie does Dallas' was delivered. Yeah, that will work.
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 11:35 am

Henwood and Co in league with the AFL are a disgrace coming up with verdicts to satiate some thirsts but cover the real perpetrators and participants. A,B,C,?,E.. oh we aren't comfortably satisfied that D is be next in the pattern, could have been Q for all we know because there are no records, there were no positive tests and they didn't tell us there was a D. Gimme a break.
Black & White Blood 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 8:19 pm

Remember this, the AFL answers to NO ONE. Melbourne copped a $500,000 fine after being found NOT guilty of tanking, really. So do the drug verdicts really surprise anyone. The only one ever going to be found guilty was Dank.
London Dave Aquarius

Ješte jedna pivo prosím

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 8:24 pm

Black & White Blood wrote:
The only one ever going to be found guilty was Dank.

yup, the only one not in 'the club'. I wouldn't be surprised if there's been a few brown paper bags stuffed with cash being passed around.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: