Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre match. Pies v. Cats - All comments please

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 12, 13, 14  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 7:57 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

RudeBoy wrote:

The best news (for me at least) was that Young went off injured at half time!!!! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil I know it's wrong of me, but I just don't want him in our senior team ever again.

that is disappointing to read you think like that. it's good his team mates don't share the same thinking. they were quite disappointed with his situation and that he couldn't come back on.

MightyMagpie 

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 8:15 pm

Woods wrote:
Looking at the last five rounds, the Pies' loss to the Crows must be seen as an anomaly - an aberration in an otherwise strong overall performance.

Is it just a coincidence that earlier in the week that we played the Crows the news broke that Thomas and Keefe had been pinged for using a banned PED? Perhaps not. We are a young side that can be easily rattled by such news.

This week we may hear of the next developments in the Thomas/Keefe matter. The 'B' samples have been tested but the results have yet to be announced (perhaps held over by the AFL lest it sully Mick Malthouse's record breaking game).

If news of Thomas and Keefe's 'B' samples does surface this week, we might expect a negative affect on the team's on-field performance.

Apart from that, I don't see this game against Geelong as a serious threat. It won't be a 75 point thrashing like Carlton, but it should be a comfortable win.

Looking further ahead, if Swan and White don't perform better that they did against Carlton there might be spots opening up for some newbies to come in over the next few weeks. We can't afford deadwood up forward. The back line is now rock solid - time to turn attention to the other end of the ground and make some hard, and permanent, decisions up forward.

I think you are underestimating the Crows' performance. They were good (and we weren't as you've suggested). I would be surprised if the reason for the poor performance (pretty much across the board) was what you have suggested.

I thought Swan was a bit fumbly, but he seems to be getting back to his 2013 possession numbers - I can't see him being dropped anytime soon.

White is doing a bit more than Gault for mine and I'd be happy to see Gault go back to the 2s and tear a few games apart (hopefully). His potential has been a bit of a revelation when you consider his status before he played his first game late last season.

Grundy can't ruck (especially when double-teamed) all season with the odd chop out from sub-par rucks in White and Gault. I think it is inevitable that Witts returns (probably for Gault) and he and Grundy share ruck duties and time up forward. I also think Witts and Grundy are quite different ruckmen with each suited to matching up on different types of opposition ruckmen. Buckley hinted Grundy would be spending time forward and we do need to rest him (odd game off or time up forward) a bit before he succumbs to the heavy workload with injury/fatigue.

PS I don't take Geelong lightly.

colin_wood 

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 8:28 pm

James Kelly has a split testicle.

OUCH !!!

doubt he will be up for next week
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 8:56 pm

IN: Witts

Out: Gault

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 8:59 pm

MightyMagpie wrote:

Grundy can't ruck (especially when double-teamed) all season with the odd chop out from sub-par rucks in White and Gault. I think it is inevitable that Witts returns (probably for Gault) and he and Grundy share ruck duties and time up forward. I also think Witts and Grundy are quite different ruckmen with each suited to matching up on different types of opposition ruckmen. Buckley hinted Grundy would be spending time forward and we do need to rest him (odd game off or time up forward) a bit before he succumbs to the heavy workload with injury/fatigue.

Agree - Grundy has Imporved a Heap over the Off-Season but being so Young he can't Ruck the Whole Season by Himself so he will need to have Rests(Games Off) and Chop-Outs in Games

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 8:59 pm

Woods wrote:
Looking at the last five rounds, the Pies' loss to the Crows must be seen as an anomaly - an aberration in an otherwise strong overall performance.

Is it just a coincidence that earlier in the week that we played the Crows the news broke that Thomas and Keefe had been pinged for using a banned PED? Perhaps not. We are a young side that can be easily rattled by such news.

This week we may hear of the next developments in the Thomas/Keefe matter. The 'B' samples have been tested but the results have yet to be announced (perhaps held over by the AFL lest it sully Mick Malthouse's record breaking game).

If news of Thomas and Keefe's 'B' samples does surface this week, we might expect a negative affect on the team's on-field performance.

Apart from that, I don't see this game against Geelong as a serious threat. It won't be a 75 point thrashing like Carlton, but it should be a comfortable win.

Looking further ahead, if Swan and White don't perform better that they did against Carlton there might be spots opening up for some newbies to come in over the next few weeks. We can't afford deadwood up forward. The back line is now rock solid - time to turn attention to the other end of the ground and make some hard, and permanent, decisions up forward.

Just a tad early in the season to be stamping any players cards I'd think.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 9:01 pm

John Wren wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:

The best news (for me at least) was that Young went off injured at half time!!!! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil I know it's wrong of me, but I just don't want him in our senior team ever again.

that is disappointing to read you think like that. it's good his team mates don't share the same thinking. they were quite disappointed with his situation and that he couldn't come back on.

Yep, was quite good against the Bumbers and at a minimum he provides very handy backup.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 11:16 pm

Keep the same team.

Tannin could get away with making changes against witches hats 2 nights ago but Geelong are a real test for us.

Gault is steadily improving & learning fair bit at the same time.

I could handle Witts for Gault if we have to.

qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 6:37 am

For mine with no injuries Gault gets a couple weeks in the 2's not for any other reason than Grundy needs some more support against better ruck teams coming up.
Grundy for mine has been a catalyst for our performances whilst he might not win every ruck tap contest but his 2nd & 3rd efforts are telling.
I would like PK not to be the sub and play HFF switching into the midfield
We look a far better side with Cloke at CHF leading way up to the wing and leaving room for Elliott White and others to back with the the ball coming over there shoulders. Cloke doesn't have to kick a big bag each week to be valuable to us
I think we have the speed to hurt Geelong and they don't like the ball rebounding quickly into there defensive line they like the slow movement so ther experience can chop it off.
Our defence will be tested with there 2 big guys but hopefully Clark doesn't get up this week allowing Frosty to leave his man and get to help Brownie.
For mine if we show the same pressure and effort on effort like the past few weeks we win simple
Pies by 24 for me
neil Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 8:10 am

White out Witts in Gault offers far more long term than White does.
Broomhead should be over his illness who to drop?
Karnezis was sub and did some good things when he came on but for some reason I dont like him

Did De Goey do enough to demand promotion? Any one else?

Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 8:19 am

IN: Witts, De Goey
OUT: Gault, Dwyer

I've watched the cats last 2 games and they don't look like half the team that beat us last year, a game we probably should've won. Feeling confident about this one, Pies by 28.

DT 

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 9:43 am

Dwyer played well so keep him in. I agree that Witts for Gault is worth considering esp as Cats have Simpson who is huge. Hope Broomhead is ok to come back in
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 12:01 pm

Despite my lack of confidence in Jane White, dropping a player out of a team after completely smashing the opposition would be a surprise unless it came back to team balance. The weather could dictate the changes this week. Do Goey with 3 Goals and BOG could come in as the Sub.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 12:57 pm

John Wren wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:

You are right and I am a naughty boy for saying such a thing. Embarassed
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 12:58 pm

Just the one change.

Broomhead in
Dwyer out.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 2 of 14   

Jump to: