Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre match. Pies v. Cats - All comments please

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 9:39 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

RudeBoy wrote:
I'm one who is pleased to see Armstrong get a game. Despite what his detractors may say, he's quite courageous and is a beautiful kick of the ball. His only real weakness imo is his rather light frame, which enables opponents to knock him out of contests. However, if he can get his hands on the ball, he can run and carry and deliver it well with good decision-making and a good kick. I wish him well.

I tip Dwyer as the sub.

I agree, Dwyer the likely sub, Broomy the other player who might get it.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 9:54 pm

Tannin wrote:
swoop42 wrote:
Armstrong wont be sub IMO.

He's been selected to play a specific role........

^ man with clue.

To be a single point of focus for venom & bile by haters?

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 9:55 pm

John Wren wrote:
swoop42 wrote:
I'm mainly against the Armstrong inclusion as I feel the extra height of Marsh would have been more useful this week.

more like you simply don't rate or like him. never seen you say a good word about him.

I'm sure I have.

At the end of the day I just don't like seeing blokes getting games seemingly gifted to them while others banging down the door get overlooked.

Since when are players at the level of Armstrong selected on the back of no form line the previous two weeks?

We aren't talking Sidebottom here.

All I know it's set a precedent so no more bitching and moaning by some when others call for a certain player to be dropped for another just because we're winning.

Anything goes with selection from now on. Razz

Anyway good luck to Armstrong.

neil Sagittarius

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 10:08 pm

Hope Armstrong proves the doubters wrong like he did last year.
I am one

piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 10:09 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
piedys wrote:
ronrat wrote:
Geelong are serious. Stevic and Donlon are in.

Stevic and Donlon. F*cking terrific.
Start your bullshit this week Stevic - I dare you.

Dyso

Oh gawd, that farker stevic, the biggest piece of umpire dog vomit in the gutter one could ever not want to step on, he loathes the Pies, why eddie has not lodged a full on complaint against his blatant bias, is beyond me by now, make no mistake, if this is a close game - hope not - this piece of garbage will find a way to get the Pussies over the line, eware Pies, and to all our fans at the game, watch this moron very, very closely. Evil or Very Mad Exclamation

Might be an appropriate week to commence Stevic-watch thread...

MagpieBat wrote:
piedys wrote:
Stevic and Donlon. F*cking terrific.
Start your bullshit this week Stevic - I dare you.

Dyso

True or false, Dyso: you'll actually be making the trip down and be perched on the roof of the Great Southern Stand, telescopic rifle at the ready... Shocked

Actually Monco Matt will be on the trigger this week; as I have been demoted to assistant ballistics bitch.
My last few rounds fired at Stevic on ANZAC day only succeeded in maiming some stray seagulls. My conversion rate in 2015 is only marginally worse than Cloke's...
However, if I can sneak up to the maggots race at final siren, I'm a chance to nail him with some of those lamingtons used on the attempted assassination of HISS last week.

Dyso

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 10:16 pm

swoop42 wrote:
John Wren wrote:
swoop42 wrote:
I'm mainly against the Armstrong inclusion as I feel the extra height of Marsh would have been more useful this week.

more like you simply don't rate or like him. never seen you say a good word about him.

I'm sure I have.

At the end of the day I just don't like seeing blokes getting games seemingly gifted to them while others banging down the door get overlooked.

Since when are players at the level of Armstrong selected on the back of no form line the previous two weeks?

All I know it's set a precedent so no more bitching and moaning by some when others call for a certain player to be dropped for another just because we're winning.

Armstrong has actually been playing very well in the VFL. The problem with Marsh is that his disposal skills are not up to scratch atm, while that's an area where Armstrong excells. But don't worry, Marsh will get an opportunity later in the year.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 10:19 pm

Hope Brown or Frost smash and destroy Mitch Clark
Doc63 

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 10:55 pm

Tannin wrote:
My advice is to all pile in and say what a terrible, hopeless player Armstrong is. Do that right now. On Saturday, if he goes as well as he went in his previous outings - where he confounded all his critics - you can all spend the whole day looking stupid. If that seems a bit too difficult, don't worry, you are rather good at it.

I cant understand all the negativity towards Armstrong. Sure, he's not in our best 22, but he didn't let us down last year, and the day he played 2 games, he was probably our best player.

For some reason, every team has to have a whipping boy.

Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 10:56 pm

Good call DTM 👍
Doc63 

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 11:00 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
Hope Brown or Frost smash and destroy Mitch Clark

Or at least stamp on his foot!

Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 12:14 am

It's not fashionable to like Tony Armstrong but really, the boy has done nothing wrong. I reckon most on here had stamped his papers never to play again but good on him for defying the critics. He's obviously earned his spot.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 7:56 am

RudeBoy wrote:
swoop42 wrote:
John Wren wrote:
swoop42 wrote:

I'm sure I have.

Armstrong has actually been playing very well in the VFL. The problem with Marsh is that his disposal skills are not up to scratch atm, while that's an area where Armstrong excells. But don't worry, Marsh will get an opportunity later in the year.

Did he play last week? I was there and I swear I didn't see him at all. Confused

Thats not bagging the kid, I have nothing against him and wish him all the best.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 8:09 am

^^^That's just the thing, though - it's a very strange inclusion because he played in VFL round 1 on April 19 and has played a total of 7 minutes of footy since.

He wasn't named in Collingwood's best players in round 1. Dale Tapping's review of that first game said this:

"27. Tony Armstrong
Statistics: 17 kicks, 4 marks, 5 handballs, 22 disposals, 0 clearances, 2 inside 50s, 3 rebound 50s, 2 tackles
Dale Tapping says: He still won plenty of the ball. The conditions certainly didnt assist what he brings really strongly, which is his ball movement and flow. But he still competed quite well. He played a strong game and adjusted to the conditions quite well."

Looking through the comments in the VFL thread for that game, no-one was suggesting he should be elevated for found 2. mattys123, who is
not prone to unfair criticism, gave this view "27; Armstrong; Servicable, did ok with his kicking but lacks that hardness for someone playing down back." Magpie Bat re-posted a report from London Pie on Big Footy who referred to Tony's game as "not terrible".

He left the game against Essendon on 26 April at the 7 minute mark of the first quarter with an injury. According to Tarkyn Lockyer's review of that game, Tony had 2 kicks and a tackle before he left the field.

He didn't play last week, of course. So that means he's been elevated to the senior team on the back of 7 minutes of competitive footy in three weeks. It is, to say the least, a very surprising decision.
MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 8:35 am

stui magpie wrote:
Did he play last week? I was there and I swear I didn't see him at all. Confused

Thats not bagging the kid, I have nothing against him and wish him all the best.

No, he did not. Injured his knee in Round 2 vs Essendon in the first quarter. Missed last week vs the Dogs.

MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 8:38 am

Pies4shaw wrote:
^^^That's just the thing, though - it's a very strange inclusion because he played in VFL round 1 on April 19 and has played a total of 7 minutes of footy since.

He wasn't named in Collingwood's best players in round 1. Dale Tapping's review of that first game said this:

"27. Tony Armstrong
Statistics: 17 kicks, 4 marks, 5 handballs, 22 disposals, 0 clearances, 2 inside 50s, 3 rebound 50s, 2 tackles
Dale Tapping says: He still won plenty of the ball. The conditions certainly didnt assist what he brings really strongly, which is his ball movement and flow. But he still competed quite well. He played a strong game and adjusted to the conditions quite well."

Looking through the comments in the VFL thread for that game, no-one was suggesting he should be elevated for found 2. mattys123, who is
not prone to unfair criticism, gave this view "27; Armstrong; Servicable, did ok with his kicking but lacks that hardness for someone playing down back." Magpie Bat re-posted a report from London Pie on Big Footy who referred to Tony's game as "not terrible".

He left the game against Essendon on 26 April at the 7 minute mark of the first quarter with an injury. According to Tarkyn Lockyer's review of that game, Tony had 2 kicks and a tackle before he left the field.

He didn't play last week, of course. So that means he's been elevated to the senior team on the back of 7 minutes of competitive footy in three weeks. It is, to say the least, a very surprising decision.

Well said.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 12 of 14   

Jump to: