Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre match. Pies v. Cats - All comments please

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 12, 13, 14  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 8:48 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

On in's and out's, the Cats by 20 points. Happy to be proven wrong.
Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 10:00 am

Culprit wrote:

Unfortunately, I'm heading in that boat too. Our team is starting to resemble teh 2014 squad.

Lazza 

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 10:05 am

John Wren wrote:
i'm pleased for him that he has been elevated. no doubt many supporters will be less pleased but the fella has worked hard, shows terrific leadership down back and, like balme says, he has a good feel for the game. if ever you might want someone fighting by your side he is one. he never gives up.

FWIW, I totally agree with you JW. He is great as a depth player and every club needs this type of player on their lists. This is crucial.
I realise that he is Nick's whipping boy or scapegoat this season (We HAVE to have one every bloody season apparently... Rolling Eyes ) but I for one am very glad that the club is giving him a fair go, unlike some posters here.... Evil or Very Mad Mad

John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 10:11 am

Culprit wrote:

i am expecting you will be proven wrong. pies by 27. Smile

Lazza 

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 10:12 am

Tannin wrote:
My advice is to all pile in and say what a terrible, hopeless player Armstrong is. Do that right now. On Saturday, if he goes as well as he went in his previous outings - where he confounded all his critics - you can all spend the whole day looking stupid. If that seems a bit too difficult, don't worry, you are rather good at it.

Stands and applauds great post!!! Twisted Evil

Lazza 

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 10:16 am

Doc63 wrote:
For some reason, every team has to have a whipping boy.

And Nick's just HAS to have a scapegoat every bloody season. It's part of the contract here..... Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

mattys123 

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 11:04 am

Before selection I thought we were near certainties, but losing Seeds and Ramsay hurts us. As much as people laugh at him Armstrong is capable of playing a defensive role and uses the ball well so he covers JR probably.

What we will lack is what Seeds gives us, that run and carry that really breaks games open.

We need Langdon, Ox and Patty to run off half back and deliver the ball well insider 50.

The Cats forward line is the test, if we can restrict them we can win, because they are a terrible contested possession team, last in the AFL in fact.

I still think we can sneak a win here, it would be huge to start the season 5-1 with another winnable 5 games coming up before the bye.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 11:29 am

mattys123 wrote:
Before selection I thought we were near certainties, but losing Seeds and Ramsay hurts us. As much as people laugh at him Armstrong is capable of playing a defensive role and uses the ball well so he covers JR probably.

What we will lack is what Seeds gives us, that run and carry that really breaks games open.

We need Langdon, Ox and Patty to run off half back and deliver the ball well insider 50.

The Cats forward line is the test, if we can restrict them we can win, because they are a terrible contested possession team, last in the AFL in fact.

I still think we can sneak a win here, it would be huge to start the season 5-1 with another winnable 5 games coming up before the bye.

Losing Ramsay & Seedsman is big as they both break lines & Ramsay has been quite a revelation with his pace, hardness & speed.

I hope that old adage doesn't come to bite us: No Ramsay no Collingwood

September Zeros 

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 11:34 am

News just in: Collingwood will be holding the annual Passing of the Whip just prior to Friday nights game against Geelong. Last years winner Jarrod Blair will award the Golden Whip to Tony Armstrong selected for the game against the Cats.
In an interview with tony mid week he was reported to respond to the news of the award vibrantly saying simply Get $%$ed

They used to be a happy team at hawthorn.

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 11:35 am

^^^^^^

GOLD!!! Twisted Evil

Simply brilliant!! Razz Laughing

John Wren Virgo

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 11:44 am

September Zeros wrote:
News just in: Collingwood will be holding the annual Passing of the Whip just prior to Friday nights game against Geelong. Last years winner Jarrod Blair will award the Golden Whip to Tony Armstrong selected for the game against the Cats.
In an interview with tony mid week he was reported to respond to the news of the award vibrantly saying simply Get $%$ed

no shortage of nicksters who could do the presentation but no doubt it'd be done with a heavy heart.

Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 11:44 am

September Zeros wrote:

^^^^^^

GOLD!!! Twisted Evil

(Lazza said it first, but WTF? I'll just steal his words.)

Lazza 

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 11:47 am

Tannin wrote:

^^^^^^

GOLD!!! Twisted Evil

(Lazza said it first, but WTF? I'll just steal his words.)

It's an absolute honour for me to have you use my words Tannin..... Cool

roar 

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 11:48 am

It's quite pleasing to see all these posts mentioning how we will miss Ramsay. Shows how much can change in the space of 2 weeks.
John Wren Virgo

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 12:10 pm

ramsay has really surprised me. i thought he wouldn't have got games so early in the season and only be called upon when the stocks were low. wonder how much we will miss him or if we will miss him at all. if the team defence ethos is in vogue tonight it shouldn't matter who comes in to play the role ramma has been fulfilling.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 13 of 14   

Jump to: