Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

It Ain't Over 'Till It's Over - WADA to Appeal.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bucks5 Capricorn

Nicky D - Parting the red sea

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 9:55 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

And how the Turd claimed that ASADA ignored their so called records which was a spreadsheet. Any wonder why?
regan is true fullback 

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 10:55 am

as a Collingwood supporter, i am mightily pleased that both our rivals for premierships 16 and 17 find themselves in such a mess, Carlton through it's short sighted stupidity over the years, and Essendon who thought that the quick fix could turn an average list into a contender.

If you make these mistakes, they come back to bite you in the bvm years later. Richmond is still paying for the Pitura swap, Swans are still paying for the Daniher fiasco. If you do something monumentally stupid, you accept your knocks, work twice as hard, and go back to doing something professional.

The other worry is that decent people get caught in the crossfire. Mick Malthouse is a premiership coach, as is Bomber Thompson. Sadly they both found themselves in the hornets nest, which puts their post football careers in grave jeopardy.
Woods Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 9:00 pm

Standby for tomorrow's press - KABOOM.

Edit: unless I'm ahead of myself.
stoliboy Cancer

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 11:31 pm

James Hird on AFL 360 (12 May 2015)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dfTE3vk64Y

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 12:48 am

Very satisfied to see WADA appealing the AFL's tribunal's findings! Now we will truly know whether the evidence against the 34 Essendon players and the relevant people behind the supplements program is solid enough to warrant such punishment and more importantly to ascertain what was going on at Windy Hill in 2011-2012.

With the AFL prejudiced by the whole saga, the findings on March 31 were never going to satisfy anyone outside of Essendon for obvious reasons. I doubt WADA wouldn't be appealing this if they didn't believe that they could prove Essendon's guilt in this whole matter. In the process it would be great to see others like Andrew Demetriou held to account for tipping off Essendon the night before this story broke on February 5 2013.

I personally thought that was the end of the matter but this is going to be an interesting period now and for anyone who's over this saga I say get over it! Instead of whining about it wouldn't you prefer to ascertain the truth of the matter here regardless if Essendon is guilty or not?

In regards to last night, Hird was pathetic on AFL 360. Gerard Whateley is one of the few sports journalists who asked the hard-hitting but necessary questions to Hird and he absolutely crumbled! Whateley's views on Hird and the supplements program certainly resonate with most of us I suspect.

ANNODAM Gemini

Rebel Heart Tour - The Forum, Los Angeles 27/10/2015.

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 11:04 am

Has Turd been under the knife or something?
His face looks like it has undergone a botox fix or plastic surgery of some sort, he looks fake & plasticky...
The top half of his neck is smooth & the bottom part is saggy & old...

Oh & he is an ugly mofo, thick as 2 planks too...

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
Golden Gordon Libra

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 9:46 pm

Hird is delusional if he thinks the AFL Tribunal found the Essendon players innocent. Wrong. They simply said they didn't have enough evidence to hang them. But the WADA court of appeal has a much lower threshold of evidence required. Expect two year bans all round.

One final thing. Please Eddie McGuire. Stop defending Hird and Essendon. They are a disgrace. Protect our interests for a change!

Doc63 

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 12:23 pm

Great article by Tim Lane - hits the nail on the head.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/wada-and-the-allknowing-football-league-20150516-gh354d.html

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 1:45 am

I'm not his biggest fan but that is an excellent article by Tim Lane.

The mere fact that so many people seem irritated by WADA rather than with Essendon speaks volumes of how many people think about the issue of performance enhancing drugs in sport in Australia. Why are so many afraid to explore the truth whether it's good or bad when this is a proper and necessary process that needs to take place?

The findings on March 31 did absolutely nothing to satisfy me that the right decision was made when it came to the Essendon 34 and by saying "I'm sick of the saga" or "the AFL should remove itself from WADA" you're inadvertently condoning what Essendon has done to its players in 2011-2012 and don't care about the future of Australian Rules Football in this country.

I'm embracing this appeal and if WADA cannot establish Essendon's guilt then they'll naturally be found not guilty on the basis of insufficient evidence but everyone knows deep down that the circumstantial evidence suggests that Essendon cheated the system but if key figures such as Dank or Charter are unwilling to cooperate again then I cannot see how this case will succeed unless the threshold for establishing guilt lowers for cases at the Court of Arbitration of Sport (CAS) where this case will be heard later in the year presumably.

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 1:06 am

The lawyer involved in other drug-related cases such as the cases of Lance Armstrong and Marion Jones will be leading and presenting the case for WADA when it is heard at the Court of Arbitration of Sport (CAS) at some in the near future.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/sport/afl/top-us-lawyer-to-head-wada-case-against-essendon/story-fnca0u4y-1227361572126

Quote:
The lawyer who brought down notorious drug cheats Marion Jones, Floyd Landis and Lance Armstrong will present the World Anti-Doping Agency’s case against 34 current and former footballers accused of taking a banned peptide.

Richard Young, a US-based anti-doping expert who helped draft the original World Anti-Doping Code, has agreed prosecute the case against Essendon to be heard before the International Court of Arbitration for Sport.

A place and date for the hearing is yet to be decided, with Young flagging WADA’s intention to have the case heard in Switzerland, where CAS is based, rather than in Australia, where all of the accused and most of the prospective witnesses reside.

The inclusion of Young in the WADA legal team reflects the importance the case has taken on within the broader anti-doping movement after the Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority failed to prove its case against the footballers before an AFL tribunal.

Young is already very familiar with the case, having previously advised ASADA throughout the investigations into suspected doping at Essendon and Cronulla and reviewed the briefs of evidence prepared by ASADA lawyers.

A Colorado Springs-based attorney for the US law firm Bryan Cave, Young came to global prominence as the lead prosecutor on the BALCO case which resulted in track and field star Marion Jones, America’s darling of the Sydney Olympics, being stripped of her gold medals.

Young subsequently played a pivotal role in cleaning up professional cycling, when on behalf of the United States Anti-Doping Agency he successfully prosecuted Tour de France winner Floyd Landis and helped construct the case against the biggest cheat of them all, Lance Armstrong.

The strength of the case Young prepared against Armstrong is in stark contrast to the brief of evidence he has inherited from ASADA.

Where USADA was able to rely on sworn testimony from former teammates and other team officials who implicated Armstrong in systematic doping, ASADA failed to secure sworn testimony from its two most important witnesses, pharmacist Nima Alavi and drug importer Shane Charter.

A decision on where and when the CAS hearing will be heard will be determined after the three panel members who will hear the case are chosen.

An AFL tribunal on March 31 cleared all 34 players of doping charges after finding that ASADA failed to establish to “comfortable satisfaction” the three essential elements of its case: that the banned peptide Thymosin Beta-4 was imported by Charter; that Thymosin Beta-4 was compounded by Alavi and provided to Stephen Dank in his capacity as Essendon sports scientist; that Dank injected it into the players.

The three-person tribunal chaired by retired Victorian County Court Judge David Jones separately found Dank guilty of 10 anti-doping violations involving trafficking and attempted trafficking of banned substances when he was on staff at Essendon and the Gold Coast Suns.

WADA announced on 12 May it had appealed the case against the players to CAS. The appeal will be heard de novo, meaning a fresh hearing of any evidence that WADA chooses to present. The AFL tribunal will hand down Dank’s penalty on June 8.

qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 10:58 pm

When I heard the news Young was being set to prosecute this matter I nearly choke in excitement.
This is wada's #1 attack dog. Never losses and knows the standards required to get a guilty verdict.
Was also responsible for ensuring records of those he had beaten were ex sponged from there relevant sports.
No Watson Brownlow no games recorded for fletcher no records at all of any player found guilty.
My gut is telling me the AFL & Essendon have poked the wrong lion here.
WADA seem hell bent on showing them both who is the biggest dog in the park.
Wouldn't be surprised to see WADA go for the maximum penalty of 2yrs and I doubt they would be open to any deals or back dating of any potential suspensions.
Interesting days ahead.
Also they want the case heard in Switzerland a long way from afl house.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 1:17 am

The case was either going to be heard in New York, Switzerland or Sydney but looks like Switzerland is going to be place where the court hearing will take place.

I suspect the Bombers are in big trouble now!

qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 11:42 pm

Jezza wrote:
The case was either going to be heard in New York, Switzerland or Sydney but looks like Switzerland is going to be place where the court hearing will take place.

I suspect the Bombers are in big trouble now!

Exactly Jezza WADA are making a huge statement here
You will play this out on our terms with our people appointed on our home ground and to top it off you MUST prove you DIDNT take thymosin beta 4
Good luck with that having no records.
I wonder what Gill the dill is thinking right now on how to get a side together to replace them for the next 2 yrs
MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:38 pm

WADA finds 'abnormally' high Thymosin Beta-4 levels in Essendon players

Quote:
The World Anti-Doping Agency claims it has found abnormally high amounts of thymosin beta 4 – the substance Essendon players are accused of taking – in the frozen urine samples of two players from the Dons' 2012 list.

In a piece of new evidence outlined since the AFL tribunal cleared the 34 current and ex-players of receiving thymosin beta 4, WADA said the samples from two players suggest external administration and argued that this result confirmed the substance sports scientist Stephen Dank injected into players was TB4.

WADA's brief says that the urine samples had been sent to a Cologne laboratory – a cutting edge testing lab - which was completing follow up research and analysing the samples to confirm the significance of the finding, which will be downplayed and fiercely contested by the legal teams representing the 34 current and former players.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/wada-finds-abnormally-high-tb4-levels-in-essendon-players-20150805-gisibb.html

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 1:21 am

That's compelling evidence but why has this only been identified with two players?

I'm assuming not all 34 samples have been tested yet or is that wrong?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6   

Jump to: