Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Mick looks tired.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 12:00 am
Post subject: Mick looks tired.Reply with quote

Been watching his post match pressers all year, Mick has lost his edge, he's lost his swagger-confidence, as a viewer you can tell all hope is gone.

I love Mick, always will, I know many of us have differing opinions about our seperation, but it's bloody sad to see him go down like this (except the fist pumping for the Filth).

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
Dangles 

Balmey Army

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 12:06 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Not surprising. When he went to Carlton I predicted he go the same way as Pagan. Carlton: The club where great coaches go to die.
inxs88 

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 12:34 am

karma is a bitch
Mossi Leo

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 12:45 am

Laughing If I was coaching that rabble, I wouldn't look much better. I just love McLure getting stuck into his beloved blues.........

https://soundcloud.com/abc_grandstand/mark-maclure-on-carlton-after-their-humiliating-loss

Still what was Mclure hoping, for a miracle! Big mistakes constantly being made down at Blueland.

If you want to listen to more blues from blue supporters just tune in to SEN.

Last edited by Mossi on Sun May 17, 2015 3:01 am; edited 1 time in total
mattys123 

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 12:55 am

Mick's like an old boxer who got back into the ring one too many times.

Should have ridden off into the media world sunset after his time ended now, but his ego wouldn't allow it.

Now his legacy will forever be damaged due to his last chapter as a coach.

It's happened to many before, and will happen to many again.

I just hope the end isn't too ugly, Mick was great for us for so long he deserves to go out with some respect left.
Az 

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 1:01 am

He has a shit pile of a list, end of story. Mclure can bang on however much he wants about Mick but the facts are the facts. The captain can't bring himself to go in hard, and their so called best player (Bryce Squibs) is even worse at getting a hard ball. He's there for one reason only. $$$
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 1:29 am

Ratten did better with a list of similar depth and quality IMO.

They finished with 11 wins in 2012.

In contrast Port only won 5.

Mick stuffed up from the start by letting his ego get in the way and he overestimated his own ability.

He thought he could mould that group into a premiership contender and was busy on the book tour when he should have been turning over the list that very first preseason.

In 2013 the problem was only compounded when they made the finals by default and this again papered over the obvious cracks that surfaced during the season.

The game is ever changing, it's more tactical than ever before and the coaches playbook is ever increasing.

His game plan has served him well for 3 decades but you feel these last couple of seasons we've reached the tipping point where the key platform of his plan, kicking around the boundary and being predictable is now a major hindrance.

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 1:34 am

mattys123 wrote:
Mick's like an old boxer who got back into the ring one too many times.

Should have ridden off into the media world sunset after his time ended now, but his ego wouldn't allow it.

Now his legacy will forever be damaged due to his last chapter as a coach.

It's happened to many before, and will happen to many again.

I just hope the end isn't too ugly, Mick was great for us for so long he deserves to go out with some respect left.

and Also thinking he will show Eddie and Collingwood Wrong but has Massively Backfired on MM.

Though Eade’s Legacy is going the same way as MM at the Suns

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 1:35 am

Az wrote:
He has a shit pile of a list, end of story. Mclure can bang on however much he wants about Mick but the facts are the facts. The captain can't bring himself to go in hard, and their so called best player (Bryce Squibs) is even worse at getting a hard ball. He's there for one reason only. $$$

Does Squibbs even know what a Hard-Ball is?

Greening gold 

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 6:05 am

Dave The Man wrote:
Az wrote:

Does Squibbs even know what a Hard-Ball is?

Jarrad McVeigh does after Steve Johnson punched him in them today. Should be good for a 9 month suspension - the human gestation period.

Greening gold 

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 6:16 am

Remember when you were skylarking with your brother or sister as a kid and your mother said "Stop that or it will end in tears".

Of course she was dead right - it all ends in tears for all of us, ultimately.

But in the shorter term it also can all end in tears - check Malcolm Fraser losing the election in 1983. And so it is with most of the coaches (except Leigh Matthews) and so it will be with Michael Malthouse. It's now not about if it will happen, but when. From reports earlier this year about the Malthouse family's frame of mind, I'd guess it is likely to be sooner rather than later. Of course I could be wrong and Michael will keep putting his waning career before his family.

Kenny Rogers: "You've got to know when to hold them, and when to fold them"

Pt Barnum: "Always leave them wanting more".

My mum: "Don't overstay your welcome".

Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 10:36 am

I thought that when we just scraped in over the hawks in 2011 Prelim. I think that game was a defining moment for Mick, he looked spent in the coaches' box. It broke him. 4 years on, things have only got worse. He should've realised midway through 2011 that opposition coaches had us figured, only Geelong would have the talent to act on it. Hawks nearly did. He's an old dog with no new tricks. Coached again for all the wrong reasons imo, it's a bit sad, really.
Golden Gordon Libra

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 11:08 am

You'd be tired if you had to serve this Carlton board member every week too. Razz
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 12:56 am

Malthouse should have bowed out gracefully at the end of 2011 whether that was to take up the Director of Coaching role with the club from 2012 onwards or to completely leave the club and take up a role as a media pundit as he was doing throughout 2012, or if not either one of those then to retire from public life so to speak, but his egotistical ways got the better of him in the end.

Mick joined Carlton for all the wrong reasons and out of spite for the way things ended at Collingwood and to prove a point to the likes of Eddie and co who thought his coaching days were numbered. The move to Carlton has been a disaster for Mick and has reminded us that he's coached one club too long and now will have this stench (albeit a small one) associated with his coaching career despite a very solid three decades overall.

It's a pity because a small part of me almost feels sorry for him but another part of me says that he made his own bed and set out to undermine Collingwood at every turn but in the process he's effectively damaged his reputation and ended his coaching career in the near future. He won't be loved at Carlton when he's gone and I don't believe he has a strong connection to either the Bulldogs, Eagles or ourselves for that matter either even though he achieved solid success at the Eagles and Pies during his tenure there.

The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 1:18 pm

Hearing all this "The players love Mick, and don't want him to go." thing is kinda amusing as well since it looks like thats far from the truth when they play. Mick should never have coached the Blues, that 's clear now he's not coaching to win, he's coaching to prove a point and he's getting angrier than he was when he got there.

I think he has some regrets about joining the Blues as well when his heart wasnt in it and now he's too proud to walk away.

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: