Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

SO, where to now for Dollar Daisy ??

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dr Pie 

Dr Pie

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 6:57 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Lazza wrote:
Dr Pie wrote:
I would take him back as a VFL player any time he wants to return.

Pay him $700,00 to play the VFL?? What the heck are you on dude??

Who said anything about $700, 000? When his contract with Carlton runs out (or Carlton sacks him) I would offer him a basic VFL contract (which is about 10% of his current contract).

MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 7:10 pm

The poor house.
Dangles 

Balmey Army

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 7:25 pm

Sources tell me he's dating Kristen Stewart

Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 8:40 pm

If Carlton pay $650K of his $700K id have him back.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 10:18 pm

Playing a lot of Footy for the Norther Blues
MJ23 

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 10:45 pm

Who right now would you drop for Thomas ?

If we had Sharenburg, greenwood, Moore , freeman in the side who would not want at collingwood to take Thomas back ?

I've said it before, he will probably play for another club before he is done but it won't be at the pies. He can piss off to Brisb with the other money hungry turncoat.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 10:54 pm

John Wren wrote:
Dr Pie wrote:
Does anybody here remember the 2010 Grand Finals The second best player on the ground IN BOTH GAMES was a bloke named Daisy Thomas. We won a premiership and while Pendles was best on the ground in the match that we actually won, Daisy was clearly the best player for either side over the two matches combined.

Does anybody really believe he went Carlton for the money? He went because Mick has always been his father figure. (He did not have a good relationship with his real Dad) He had had two years of injury and knew he wasn't the player he had been at Collingwood. So he asked for a large sum that he knew that The Pies wouldn't pay and the stupid Blues would.

We got a high draft pick (Scharanberg) for a wounded player whose best football was behind him. Carlton wasted a lot of money on a player who might be fully fit by 2016. How did Daisy hurt us.

As far as I am concerned Daisy is one of the 23 heroes who won us the 2010 premiership and deserves to be treated with respect by Pie fans. He went to Carlton to be with his father figure. He is now stuck as a dud player at a dud club, with a coach who probably won't appreciate him. I would take him back as a VFL player any time he wants to return.

except for the last couple of lines, nice one.

Yeah I agree. There is no place for him here, but I don't hate him. After Pendles sat him on his arse, and since he has been pretty impotent at the scum, I really don't care. He was my daughters hero for so long. He was always really nice to her, very accomodating with pics etc. good luck to him. He never event the money at Carlton, never hurt us, if he had stayed, he still wouldn't be in our best 22 now so?

MagpiesTheGreat 

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 11:00 pm

To anyone who deserts Collingwood: rot in hell!!!
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 11:33 pm

Dr Pie wrote:
Does anybody here remember the 2010 Grand Finals The second best player on the ground IN BOTH GAMES was a bloke named Daisy Thomas.

Agree with the thrust of your post overall, but as regards GF2, Steele Sidebottom says hello.

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 12:45 am

Who's going to do the pre-match kick to kick with Daisy now? Laughing
E 

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 7:05 am
Post subject: Re: SO, where to now for Dollar Daisy ??Reply with quote

Piesnchess wrote:
NOW that Daisys father figure and mentor has been given the royal boot, one can imagine Daisy is quite perplexed, perhaps a tad distressed now on his lonesome at the vile Scum. ? No Sticks, no Swann, no old fella, the guys who got him there are all well and truly gawn ! He is the highest paid player at the scum, but rarely plays, how will that now fit with his teamates with no Mick around to quell dissension in the Bluebellie ranks ?

Just asking the question, where to now for Dollar Daisy. Question Confused

I think he spends the rest of his contract getting as fit as possible and then he returns to us as a free agent on minimum salary. By then, we will be a gun team that can take advantage of his x-factor. He should get life membership for the damage he and Mick inflicted on Carlton in 2 short years!

As the prophecy says: It will end where it began.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 8:41 am

E wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
NOW that Daisys father figure and mentor has been given the royal boot, one can imagine Daisy is quite perplexed, perhaps a tad distressed now on his lonesome at the vile Scum. ? No Sticks, no Swann, no old fella, the guys who got him there are all well and truly gawn ! He is the highest paid player at the scum, but rarely plays, how will that now fit with his teamates with no Mick around to quell dissension in the Bluebellie ranks ?

I think he spends the rest of his contract getting as fit as possible and then he returns to us as a free agent on minimum salary. By then, we will be a gun team that can take advantage of his x-factor. He should get life membership for the damage he and Mick inflicted on Carlton in 2 short years!

As the prophecy says: It will end where it began.

If he's still got it in him, I'll take it!

Magpies57 

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 8:51 am

Dr Pie wrote:
Does anybody here remember the 2010 Grand Finals The second best player on the ground IN BOTH GAMES was a bloke named Daisy Thomas. We won a premiership and while Pendles was best on the ground in the match that we actually won, Daisy was clearly the best player for either side over the two matches combined.

Does anybody really believe he went Carlton for the money? He went because Mick has always been his father figure. (He did not have a good relationship with his real Dad) He had had two years of injury and knew he wasn't the player he had been at Collingwood. So he asked for a large sum that he knew that The Pies wouldn't pay and the stupid Blues would.

We got a high draft pick (Scharanberg) for a wounded player whose best football was behind him. Carlton wasted a lot of money on a player who might be fully fit by 2016. How did Daisy hurt us.

As far as I am concerned Daisy is one of the 23 heroes who won us the 2010 premiership and deserves to be treated with respect by Pie fans. He went to Carlton to be with his father figure. He is now stuck as a dud player at a dud club, with a coach who probably won't appreciate him. I would take him back as a VFL player any time he wants to return.

I couldn't have put it better! One of my all time favourite Pies players. To see him jumping for joy at the end of the 2010 GF is one of my enduring memories of that day.Was devastated when he left but he will always be a Magpie to me.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 12:31 pm

John Wren wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:

you, like many, have an unhealthy obsession with daisy and the hatred of mick. why the angst and bitterness? did they harm you personally in some way?

JW, yes johnny they did actually, they harmed MY club, and went to our arch enemy the Scum, one out of pure spite, the other, who led us on for ages, even said a few days prior to his leaving, he was staying a Pie-he told some hapless young kids this-then slank away to his thirty pieces of silver. Both kicked my team in the guts, good n proper, i dont forget that, and most on Nicks dont either ! Exclamation

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Darkstranger 

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 2:30 pm

Me thinks he got that one wrong

DIE DAISY DIE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3   

Jump to: