Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre match. Pies v. Dees - All comments please

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ev5Magpies Virgo

Ev5Magpies

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 12:54 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

One change, Oxley (Rest/Manage) for Broomhead

Pies by 25

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 12:57 pm

This is their Grand Final. The Umpires always favour them so it's always a close game. I hate giving them this game as they just squander the money year after year. Just win.
The Average Tourist 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 1:59 pm

Lazza wrote:
John Wren wrote:
blair is not going anywhere any time soon. i thought ox was looking a little cooked and there's no harm in giving him a couple of weeks off to freshen up.

one of broomy or kenno could come in based on their performances but for whom? ramma might return and we could push seedo to the wing but that'd be about it for me.

Yep I agree. Give the Ox a well deserved rest and bring in one of either Broomy or Kennedy. Leave the others alone as it was a real team effort yesterday to haul themselves out of the half time fire. Keep their confidence level high.
Ramsey has missed a bit of footy so bring him back via the reserves.

Agree might be time for the Ox to go back

But might be the right time to bring in Marsh!

Ox is a much better kick but Marsh has that X factor

Az 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 2:20 pm

Ox didn't have a great game, but you could say the same for Seedy and even Langdon. I think he's capable of putting a 3 vote performance together on his day so I wouldn't be throwing the Ox back to the twos unless either one of Ramma, Schaz or Reidy are ready to go. No use dropping a defender/winger to bring in a mid. That's only a luxury for forwards IMO
Woods Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 2:40 pm

Quarters Won in 2015

Coll - Melb
Q1: 5 - 6
Q2: 3 - 3
Q3: 8 - 1
Q4: 6 - 4
Total: 22 - 14

It can been seen that both teams are very evenly matched in their first half performances - they both tend to start reasonably well only to slump off in Q2.
But note that Q1 is Melbourne's best period of play. They know this is their strength so expect them to try and break away early. And given Collingwood's slow starts of late Melbourne may lead at the first break, perhaps followed by an ugly, low scoring and defensive Q2 by both teams.

Melbourne's performance in Q3 is its weakest period of play. Melbourne have been beaten by all but one opposition team in Q3 this year. However, Collingwood has strongly dominated 8 out of its 9 Q3 performances. If there is a message to be found in these stats it is that Q3 marks the starkest contrast between these two teams.

Going into the final term Melbourne have shown an ability to mount a late challenge, but not quite as strongly as Collingwood who are better finishers. But luck and umpiring decisions favouring Melbourne could easily even things up and make Q4 a danger period for Collingwood.

The take out from all this is that if Collingwood can make the most of its performance differential in Q3, and pile on the goals, it should be able to get away and hold on to win comfortably. If not, Collingwood must be prepared for a Q4 challenge from Melbourne and could potentially lose by a kick or two.
MagpiesTheGreat 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 3:59 pm

One change: Mick Malthouse becomes a runner for Pies
September Zeros 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 4:17 pm

Happy to say I shall be venturing south from the land of banana bending for my annual footy trip.

Shall be in attendance for this game and the gws one and will no doubt get along to see the twos as well.

Can't wait.

Hoping for a pies win 31 points.

They used to be a happy team at hawthorn.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 4:30 pm

Brenny wrote:
Melbourne have already come out during the week and said it's going to be a low scoring game and they are straight to their word and don't speak alot of smoke and shadows behind the windows.

(hopefully a few of you saw Bounce, tonight).

Laughing
mudlark 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 4:35 pm

Dangles wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
IN: Broomhead Marsh Kennedy

OUT: Pendlebury(Rest - not 100%) Goldsack ?

Not after last years debacle when we rested Beams against the dogs.
Looking forward to seeing Rambo on Hogan if it eventuates. Kennedy might be a chance to come in for JDG. I wasn't that impressed with JDG's performance yesterday. He was like a deer in the headlights on a couple of occasions.

I must have been watching a different game????? I didn't see any headlights in the game I watched. I saw a young man who probably won't be out of the side again.
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 4:52 pm

September Zeros wrote:
Happy to say I shall be venturing south from the land of banana bending for my annual footy trip.

Shall be in attendance for this game and the gws one and will no doubt get along to see the twos as well.

Can't wait.

Hoping for a pies win 31 points.

our vfl team is at casey fields this weekend and back at vic park the following weekend. the weather is starting to cave in us as you'd expect for this time of years so feel free to bring your weather with you.

Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 4:58 pm

Dangles wrote:
I wasn't that impressed with JDG's performance yesterday. He was like a deer in the headlights on a couple of occasions.

Surely you jest?

piester 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 5:05 pm

mudlark wrote:
Dangles wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
IN: Broomhead Marsh Kennedy

OUT: Pendlebury(Rest - not 100%) Goldsack ?

Not after last years debacle when we rested Beams against the dogs.
Looking forward to seeing Rambo on Hogan if it eventuates. Kennedy might be a chance to come in for JDG. I wasn't that impressed with JDG's performance yesterday. He was like a deer in the headlights on a couple of occasions.

I must have been watching a different game????? I didn't see any headlights in the game I watched. I saw a young man who probably won't be out of the side again.

In a quarter and half of footy JDG had 8 possessions and laid 4 tackles. Some of his clearance work at the centre bounce was first rate. The kid doesn't need to be dropped, he needs more game time in the crucible of senior footy. He is a gem.

WarrenerraW 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 5:09 pm

Hate melscum with a passion and I hate that we continually hand them this home game year after year to prop them up.

As for changes I think Oxley looked a bit cooked on the weekend and could probably use a rest. People are calling for Pendles to sit this one out but only if he was genuinely hampered by something. If he's fit enough he's good enough. Even up forward he's dangerous.

JDG deserves another go - maybe even a full game. Don't think Blair will miss. He's actually playing alright at the moment. Fasolo deserves his spot so I can only see one realistic change based on the fact that we could use a bit of leg speed through the middle. Either Kennedy or Broomhead for mine.

I'd probably prefer Kennedy as I don't think that Broomhead has been asserting himself as much as he should. Another week in the twos won't hurt him. Kennedy has earned his place.
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 5:18 pm

WarrenerraW wrote:
I hate that we continually hand them this home game year after year to prop them up.

what would you prefer us to give up instead of this?

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 5:41 pm

WarrenerraW wrote:
Hate melscum with a passion and I hate that we continually hand them this home game year after year to prop them up.

As for changes I think Oxley looked a bit cooked on the weekend and could probably use a rest. People are calling for Pendles to sit this one out but only if he was genuinely hampered by something. If he's fit enough he's good enough. Even up forward he's dangerous.

JDG deserves another go - maybe even a full game. Don't think Blair will miss. He's actually playing alright at the moment. Fasolo deserves his spot so I can only see one realistic change based on the fact that we could use a bit of leg speed through the middle. Either Kennedy or Broomhead for mine.

I'd probably prefer Kennedy as I don't think that Broomhead has been asserting himself as much as he should. Another week in the twos won't hurt him. Kennedy has earned his place.

A good summation. I agree, just the one change.
Oxley out, Kennedy in.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 2 of 10   

Jump to: