Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre match. Pies v. Dees - All comments please

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 5:54 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

John Wren wrote:
WarrenerraW wrote:
I hate that we continually hand them this home game year after year to prop them up.

what would you prefer us to give up instead of this?

How about we play them at Manuka on the queens birthday its an oval that would hold half of their supporters. We are also undefeated there.

www.facebook/the hybernators

Last edited by 3rd degree on Mon Jun 01, 2015 5:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 5:57 pm

HO hum, ho hum, the pathetic Deeeeeees Annual pretend GF, their big day when their old farts sit around in the MCC and reminice about glory days of the 1950s over brandy lime and sodas, and cucumber sandwiches. Rolling Eyes

Pies to kick their arses yet again, again, by around 55 points. Razz

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
FutureFoward 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 6:05 pm

I'd probably say
Witts and Oxley- out
Marsh and kenno - in

What I'd like to see

Woods Of Ypres 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 6:20 pm

lets smash these tweed jacket, deer-stalker hat wearing toffs!

last year I noticed Geoffrey Dribblesworth III visibly in distress and suffering breathing difficulties. apparently some kid tugged on his scarf.
perthmagpie Aries

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 7:20 pm

Just thought I'd mention The Ox got a heavy knock in the second quarter and hurt his neck which would go some way to explaining his quiet game before being subbed out. Also I have watched the replay of the second half twice and I believe it was JDG 's best performance to date. I've seen most of his VFL games and believe that he does not lack supreme confidence if you get my drift. But yesterday his performance for the first time was on par with his high level of confidence. From here he is probably going to have more and more influence at AFL level within games. If he is not getting a heap of the ball at least he will be tackling and doing plenty of pressure acts which makes him valuable while he is learning on the job.

Apart from that Kennedy and Broomy were superb at Coburg. Marsh was good again and Karnezis had a good game. Any changes would come from those guys barring a raft of training injuries. I hope Kennedy can get a game. I'm a big wrap for him and he is working his backside off at VFL level. He is boring in, running hard and linking up wonderfully. No idea who to leave out. Maybe we rest someone like Langdon or Ox.

MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 7:37 pm

Langdon wasn't as bad as some people are making out. Sure he made a few mistakes like a few team mates in the first half, then redeemed himself in the second half. He doesn't deserve to be dropped in my opinion.
yin-YANG 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:58 am

RudeBoy wrote:
WarrenerraW wrote:
Hate melscum with a passion and I hate that we continually hand them this home game year after year to prop them up.

As for changes I think Oxley looked a bit cooked on the weekend and could probably use a rest. People are calling for Pendles to sit this one out but only if he was genuinely hampered by something. If he's fit enough he's good enough. Even up forward he's dangerous.

JDG deserves another go - maybe even a full game. Don't think Blair will miss. He's actually playing alright at the moment. Fasolo deserves his spot so I can only see one realistic change based on the fact that we could use a bit of leg speed through the middle. Either Kennedy or Broomhead for mine.

I'd probably prefer Kennedy as I don't think that Broomhead has been asserting himself as much as he should. Another week in the twos won't hurt him. Kennedy has earned his place.

A good summation. I agree, just the one change.
Oxley out, Kennedy in.

Agreed.

BK needs to be given a chance and reward for his efforts in the magoos. Oxley needs a week off given his heavy knock.

5150 Sagittarius

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:04 am

Out - Oxley, Pendlebury
In - Kennedy, Marsh

Sub: Seedsman
Lazza 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:40 am

BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:
Langdon wasn't as bad as some people are making out. Sure he made a few mistakes like a few team mates in the first half, then redeemed himself in the second half. He doesn't deserve to be dropped in my opinion.

Nah, let's have some good old fun whinging and sooking on Nick's, drop Langdon for Armstrong.. Twisted Evil Razz

Woods Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 11:12 am

Paul Roos is making this a sudden death game for his players. So the Pies better be prepared to switch on early.

Lowly Melbourne have surprised us a few times in recent years.

Roos flags delistings at Dees after Port disappointment

Ben McKay, AAP June 1, 2015 9:30 PM

AFTER another disappointing fadeout, Melbourne coach Paul Roos has flagged further delistings for underperforming Demons at season's end.

Against Port Adelaide in Alice Springs, Melbourne looked set to end a four-season wait for back-to-back wins after kicking six of the first eight goals.

Then it fell apart.

The Power slammed on 16 of the next 18 goals to claim an easy victory.

Still rankled by the performance two days later, Roos told Fox Footy on Monday night he was using the most brutal of motivational techniques to try to lift his players' efforts.

Perform - or find somewhere else to play.

"What you try to convey to players is 'if you continue to improve and continue to get better, then we get better as a team, you stay on the list'," he said.

"If you don't, it's pretty simple. Football's pretty ruthless."

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-06-01/paul-roos-flags-delistings-at-melbourne-after-port-disappointment
Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 12:55 pm

[quote="WarrenerraW"]Hate melscum with a passion and I hate that we continually hand them this home game year after year to prop them up.
quote]

Last time I'm going to mention this: At last year's post season members' meeting Eddie McGuire basically said that we give the Dess this game, and the AFL gives us our 15 or so MCG games a year. Pretty simple equation. We scratch theirs ... and they massage ours with a happy ending.

WarrenerraW 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:01 pm

[quote="Raw Hammer"]
WarrenerraW wrote:
Hate melscum with a passion and I hate that we continually hand them this home game year after year to prop them up.
quote]

Last time I'm going to mention this: At last year's post season members' meeting Eddie McGuire basically said that we give the Dess this game, and the AFL gives us our 15 or so MCG games a year. Pretty simple equation. We scratch theirs ... and they massage ours with a happy ending.

and 15 games at the G is one helluva happy ending.
WarrenerraW 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:06 pm

John Wren wrote:
WarrenerraW wrote:
I hate that we continually hand them this home game year after year to prop them up.

what would you prefer us to give up instead of this?

I would prefer that we give up on the deeeez. But as it turns out we get our majority of mcg games based on the fact that we hand this basketcase of a club 1 freebie blockbuster home game every year.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:28 pm

Woods wrote:
Paul Roos is making this a sudden death game for his players. So the Pies better be prepared to switch on early.

Lowly Melbourne have surprised us a few times in recent years.

Roos flags delistings at Dees after Port disappointment

Ben McKay, AAP June 1, 2015 9:30 PM

AFTER another disappointing fadeout, Melbourne coach Paul Roos has flagged further delistings for underperforming Demons at season's end.

Against Port Adelaide in Alice Springs, Melbourne looked set to end a four-season wait for back-to-back wins after kicking six of the first eight goals.

Then it fell apart.

The Power slammed on 16 of the next 18 goals to claim an easy victory.

Still rankled by the performance two days later, Roos told Fox Footy on Monday night he was using the most brutal of motivational techniques to try to lift his players' efforts.

Perform - or find somewhere else to play.

"What you try to convey to players is 'if you continue to improve and continue to get better, then we get better as a team, you stay on the list'," he said.

"If you don't, it's pretty simple. Football's pretty ruthless."

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-06-01/paul-roos-flags-delistings-at-melbourne-after-port-disappointment

Great, yet another club in crisis the week before we play them. God I hate the media!
regan is true fullback 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 3:47 pm

Robbie Flower's 274th and record...

Brad Johnston's 350th...

Even Sam Newman's 300th back in the day...

We are forever playing Apollo Creed to some second rate Rocky.

The boys must learn to face the Haka head on.

Pretend line in the sand games should be punted to the boundary...except Footscray, they make a career of this.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 3 of 10   

Jump to: