Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre match. Pies v. Dees - All comments please

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Clifton Hill-Billy 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:22 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Melbourne made last year years game a low scoring snore fest, I'm hoping they try something similar this year and our seemingly more functional forward line blows them out of the water. Death to Dribblesworth, Lord Snot and the rest of the toffy dreamon supporters!
doriswilgus 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:35 pm

It's a long time since they've beaten us in one of these games.Let's hope it continues!
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 12:25 pm

NO doubt Dribblesworth and his houndstooth jacket chum, Gordon Fitzsimmons-Rich, will be there, armed with cucumber sandwiches and a lovely vintage Dom Parrinon, to rally against the hordes of working class Collingwood fans. !

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
TimetoFly 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 3:49 pm

My changes would be

Out: langdon ( we are in a position this week were we don't have to gift games. He has been very poor with pulling out of contests and turnovers. A spell in vfl will make him work harder) oxley (might be injured might not be) but was poor last week.

In kennedy broomhead (both deserve a spot after killing it last week)

Toovey. Brown. Williams

Seedsman frost. Goldsack

Varcoe. Swan. Crisp

Fasolo. Cloke. Sidebottom

Elliot. White witts

Foll: Grundy pendels adams

Inter: de goey broomhead kennedy balir

Cleomenes 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 4:33 pm

Problem : Brromhead and Kennedy don't play in Langdon's position. I don't see any reason to drop him anyway.
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 4:42 pm

TimetoFly wrote:
My changes would be

Out: langdon ( we are in a position this week were we don't have to gift games. He has been very poor with pulling out of contests and turnovers. A spell in vfl will make him work harder) oxley (might be injured might not be) but was poor last week.

In kennedy broomhead (both deserve a spot after killing it last week)

Toovey. Brown. Williams

Seedsman frost. Goldsack

Varcoe. Swan. Crisp

Fasolo. Cloke. Sidebottom

Elliot. White witts

Foll: Grundy pendels adams

Inter: de goey broomhead kennedy balir

we're not gifting games to anyone. even if langdon was to be omitted you wouldn't being in one of broomy or kenno to replace him. once we get sinclair and ramsey back we'll better positioned to cover any form drops, injuries or needs for a spell.

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 5:06 pm

Langdon, Oxley and Seedsman are all just a little off the boil at present.

Langdon has played some decent football this season and isn't in bad from per se but isn't quite killing it either at the level of last year.

Oxley copped a knock to his neck last week so might benefit from a week off completely from football.

Seedsman hasn't been able to reproduce his Anzac day form since returning from injury and continues to be a tease.

I'd drop Blair for Kennedy but I'm realistic to know only death or amputation will ever see that come to pass.

Even then.

LOL.

Out:Oxley
In: Marsh or Kennedy to be rewarded for consistently good VFL form.

Let Broomhead stew for another week.

didick 

didick

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 6:29 pm

No change, for a change.
Dangles 

Balmey Army

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 7:35 pm

piester wrote:
mudlark wrote:
Dangles wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
IN: Broomhead Marsh Kennedy

OUT: Pendlebury(Rest - not 100%) Goldsack ?

Not after last years debacle when we rested Beams against the dogs.
Looking forward to seeing Rambo on Hogan if it eventuates. Kennedy might be a chance to come in for JDG. I wasn't that impressed with JDG's performance yesterday. He was like a deer in the headlights on a couple of occasions.

I must have been watching a different game????? I didn't see any headlights in the game I watched. I saw a young man who probably won't be out of the side again.

In a quarter and half of footy JDG had 8 possessions and laid 4 tackles. Some of his clearance work at the centre bounce was first rate. The kid doesn't need to be dropped, he needs more game time in the crucible of senior footy. He is a gem.

Maybe deer in the headlights was a bit harsh. But I've noticed this week that a few other posters have commented on how he still needs to get used of the pace of the game at senior level. That's probably a better way of putting it because he did look a little slow on a couple of occasions the other day. But as you said more game time at senior level would see him make that adjustment.
Woods Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:07 pm

Given the apparent vulnerability of Melbourne and the number of VFL players ready for a taste of the big arena, I wouldn't be surprised if Buckley uses this round to blood some newbies (eg. Moore).

If not now then they are perhaps unlikely to run out with the seniors this year, except as an injury replacements (after the bye there's Freo, Sydney etc). Such a move would also give some of the wounded veterans (eg. Pendlebury) extra time off to recover on top of the forthcoming bye.

Gird your loins and expect the unexpected.
Dangles 

Balmey Army

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:53 pm

Woods wrote:
Given the apparent vulnerability of Melbourne and the number of VFL players ready for a taste of the big arena, I wouldn't be surprised if Buckley uses this round to blood some newbies (eg. Moore).

If not now then they are perhaps unlikely to run out with the seniors this year, except as an injury replacements (after the bye there's Freo, Sydney etc). Such a move would also give some of the wounded veterans (eg. Pendlebury) extra time off to recover on top of the forthcoming bye.

Gird your loins and expect the unexpected.

Word on the street is that Moore will be coming back through the twos and only having limited game time. Earlier in the week I was a bit wary about resting Pendlebury after we rested Beams against the Dogs last year and got done. But after hearing that he's carrying an injury, which is why he hasn't been as good as usual, I'm warming to the idea of him having the next three weeks off, so he can be cherry ripe after the bye.
Woods Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:33 pm

Yeah, Moore is perhaps a bit ambitious, unless the club has been foxy about how protracted his recover is. He was playing shithot before he got injured.

There are others ready for a run (eg. Marsh).
TimetoFly 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 11:31 pm

Cleomenes wrote:
Problem : Brromhead and Kennedy don't play in Langdon's position. I don't see any reason to drop him anyway.

Fair point... Maybe marsh to come in for langdon. I rate langdon highly and he is going to be a beauty. Don't know if it's second year blues but his errors/turnovers are killing us. He has also pulled out of at least 2 situations that I can Rembemer.

1) against Gold Coast when he went back with to take an easy Mark but went one handed. The commentators mentioned it and it looked bad

2) first quarter against North when he went to fill in the hole against Waite and went side on. He has to go and jump in front of him and impact the contest and he didn't..

He needs a spell & needs to be told as a defender these acts aren't on. Everyone pulls out at some stage in there career so he isn't alone. But a spell in vfl could wake him up & be the making of him

Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:37 am

How many player behaviour scandals there under McKenna? Bugger all.
How many player behaviour scandals there under Eade? Lots.
It's not rocket science. McKenna respected the players and trusted them. Mostly - not always but mostly - they repaid that trust. Eade is a discipliarian. He doesn't respect them, they don't respect him - and they are playing like crap. Eade has set a new world speed record for losing the players. This is a team that desperately needs a new coach. And a new board.

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 1:22 am

When the teams announced tomorrow night I think it'll be

IN: Broomhead, Kennedy, Marsh
OUT:
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 4 of 10   

Jump to: