Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Ah Basil Zempalis!! You blew it!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
inxs88 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:30 pm
Post subject: Ah Basil Zempalis!! You blew it!Reply with quote

Couldn't help but laugh at the Freo centric commentary call Friday night whereby Sandgroper Basil did all but perpetuate a stereotype and call, cajole, barrack, admire and confirm his sycophantic WA football tendencies. Poor old Tiger fans, they must have thought they were England playing Scotland in a soccer match televised in Endinburgh with special comments team comprising of:

* Rod Stewart
* Annie Lennox
* William Wallace
* Sir Alex Fergusson
* Colin Montgomerie and
* Franz Ferdinand!

Basil Basil Basil! With Dennis on his geriatric last legs, Bruce likely to spontaneously combust the next time Cyril passes to Buddy and BT being box office poison at channel 7, all you have to compete with is "lame Hame" Hamish McLachlan for the coveted Friday night chair. What do you do??? You wax lyrical and comical about how the Dockers are "in the game" despite being 42 points down!!

Really, do us supporters and listeners of broadcasts or telecasts need a commentator to pique our attention by creating an "alleged" but rather "faux: contest that is never really happening? I think not!

regan is true fullback 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:39 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I kind of enjoyed the commentary for the North v Collingwood game. I know Bruce wasn't there, or Brian, but i can't really remember the commentators, which is how it should be...

No talking about hobbies or favorite players but just concentrate on the game.

there will be a shake up of commentators at both 7 and Fox, but surely they can get a professional bunch going in the future.
Dangles 

Balmey Army

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 1:55 pm

All I remember from the Friday night game is that the commentators were gushing over Fyfe and how good he is and thinking to myself "But he's not enough to drag them over the line, is he?"

The other thing that occurred to me was that Dylan Grimes reminds me of Tom Langdon.
Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 3:21 pm

....as the prostitute said to the commentator...

© Collingwood Crackerjack, 1992
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: