Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre match. Pies v. Giants - All comments please

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 11:24 pm
Post subject: Pre match. Pies v. Giants - All comments pleaseReply with quote

Next Sunday.

Collingwood v. GWS.

MCG. 3.10

Selected squads.

Collingwood

B: Tom Langdon, Nathan Brown, Marley Williams
HB: Alan Toovey, Jack Frost, Tyson Goldsack
C: Adam Oxley, Dane Swan, Steele Sidebottom
HF: Jamie Elliott, Jesse White, Jordan De Goey
F: Alex Fasolo, Travis Cloke, Jarryd Blair

Foll: Brodie Grundy, Jack Crisp, Scott Pendlebury

Int (from): Ben Kennedy, Taylor Adams, Jarrod Witts, Travis Varcoe, Tim Broomhead, Brayden Maynard, Paul Seedsman

IN: Taylor Adams, Brayden Maynard, Jarrod Witts
OUT: Nil
NEW: Brayden Maynard (18, Sandringham U18)

Greater Western Sydney

B: Heath Shaw, Joel Patfull, Matt Buntine
HB: Tomas Bugg, Phil Davis, Nick Haynes
C: Toby Greene, Callan Ward, Tom Scully
HF: Ryan Griffen, Cam McCarthy, Devon Smith
F: Will Hoskin-Elliott, Jeremy Cameron, Lachie Whitfield

Foll: Shane Mumford, Adam Treloar, Stephen Coniglio

Int (from): Zac Williams, Aidan Corr, Andrew Phillips, James Stewart, Dylan Shiel, Josh Kelly, Nathan Wilson

IN: Nick Haynes, Andrew Phillips, Zac Williams
OUT: Nil

MCG. 1.10

It's a game. Enjoy it. Very Happy

Last edited by Donny on Sun Jun 14, 2015 2:29 pm; edited 3 times in total
shwany 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 11:32 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

In: Adams, wits

Out: degoey, Kennedy/Seedsman (all unlucky)
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 11:33 pm

Very Tough Game. Bit of a 8 Point game

In: Witts Adams

Out: Broomhead ?

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 11:59 pm

The GWS midfield scares me.

If on they spread so quickly from the contest, use the ball cleanly and this will cause us major problems.

MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:10 am

All I can say is that we are in big trouble if Adams isn't able to get up for the game against GWS next week. Also, I think Kennedy needs to retain his spot and we need another tall down in the forward line to help out White (bring back Witts or Gault).
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:32 am

swoop42 wrote:
The GWS midfield scares me.

If on they spread so quickly from the contest, use the ball cleanly and this will cause us major problems.

and With our Defenders coming up to Defend. GWS could really cut us up

Museman 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:40 am

In, Adams

Out, Broomy

Give Grundy the mummy mission.

Benken had 9 touches and 4 clearances in 1Q and a bit of footy(will be needed)

Rotate degoey benken and adams through midfield consistently(they will get plenty of ball), rest swan and pendles forward consistently(they will hurt on the scoreboard)
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:50 am

Obviously, Adams comes in. That's a no-brainer.

Possibly, we could bring back Witts. I don't think that there is anyone else bashing the door down, though there are several who would go OK if needed.

As for the outs, I'm looking at Seedsman. He's a weapon when he's on, but he hasn't looked right since he was injured and I'm tired of waiting for him to regain form. So Adams for Seedsman. Broomhead is the next in line. I'm a big Broomy fan but despite flashes of genius he's not looked like playing four quarters of good football this year. I'd make him the sub if Seedsman is the only out.

Do we want the extra tall if we bring Witts in? I doubt they'd drop White for Witts, but it mightn't be a bad idea.

Cuthbert Collingwood Aquarius

Once was on fire, now all at sea

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:51 am

Yes I think we need BenKen plus Adams for this. Reid a chance for White or will they keep him till after the bye?

In: Adams, Witts, (Reid)
Out: Seeds/Broom/Goldy(groin?), (White)

Or: even if Reid is not ready do we risk doing the straight swap of Witts for White. Might change the structure a bit much for my liking as I don't believe our rucks can play his role.

Cuthbert Collingwood Aquarius

Once was on fire, now all at sea

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:54 am

Tannin wrote:
Obviously, Adams comes in. That's a no-brainer.

Possibly, we could bring back Witts. I don't think that there is anyone else bashing the door down, though there are several who would go OK if needed.

As for the outs, I'm looking at Seedsman. He's a weapon when he's on, but he hasn't looked right since he was injured and I'm tired of waiting for him to regain form. So Adams for Seedsman. Broomhead is the next in line. I'm a big Broomy fan but despite flashes of genius he's not looked like playing four quarters of good football this year. I'd make him the sub if Seedsman is the only out.

Do we want the extra tall if we bring Witts in? I doubt they'd drop White for Witts, but it mightn't be a bad idea.

great minds! but I defer to your greater, slightly quicker ability to tap a post out....

perthmagpie Aries

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:58 am

Hard to know where this game will go but I do think if we play hard, tough footy with a ton of strong tackling we'll win. We have to stop GWS having easy uncontested ball ending in long chains of possession. I watched a fair bit of them yesterday against an injury decimated Brisbane. They didn't play tight and allowed Brisbane plenty of room. In fact they were not very impressive at all considering a weak Brisbane had no forwards and a stack of other players missing.

We will need Adams back and a better game from Sidebottom. We looked three good midfielders short today. Obviously once we also get Greenwood in that shortage of depth through the middle will improve. I suspect the Club knows we really need one more top shelf midfielder as our window may open before De Goey and Freeman are ready.

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:13 am

Seems to be talk that Adams is only a 50/50 chance to get up.

Supposedly it might be a broken toe.

I can't recall him getting injured last week.

Seedsman being made sub was sending him a clear message to lift his game.

If Adams doesn't get up then outside of Dwyer no other midfield alternative really to call on who isn't in the team already.

Marsh has played some consistent football in the VFL so he might get his chance in place of Seedsman.

Obvious worries about his kicking still but takes the game on with run and carry and has shown a good ability to intercept mark and repel attacks at that level.

You'd think we'd need Witts to help take on Mumford which in turn should help the game of White.

P.S-I'd consider bringing in Marsh and playing him further up the ground even as a defensive forward.

He's super quick which we could use and until we're certain about his disposal ability at this level any turnovers mightn't be as costly in our forward half.

He's raw but kind of reminds me of a young Lumumba as a prospect.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:00 am

No way white will be omitted. Agree on seeds, not his aggressive self.

Good couple of wins to come off, need the confidence. Their midfield is the worry, with Pendles obviously not 100%, though he looked pretty good yesterday. Will be interesting, the new game tactics really looking good.
Not as confidence as some here are, which will make my no alcohol week tough!

Not sure I'd risk Reid straight up. For one his body, for another, fitness. This team is bloody fit, we need to run with them. Love the stat on another thread that we are second only to the Hawks for best second half.that sure is new.

Hopefully this is the start of something special for Cloke. Not only was he surprisingly accurate, but gees he's just so damn strong!

DT 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:09 am

swoop42 wrote:
Seems to be talk that Adams is only a 50/50 chance to get up.

Supposedly it might be a broken toe.

I can't recall him getting injured last week.

Seedsman being made sub was sending him a clear message to lift his game.

If Adams doesn't get up then outside of Dwyer no other midfield alternative really to call on who isn't in the team already.

Marsh has played some consistent football in the VFL so he might get his chance in place of Seedsman.

Obvious worries about his kicking still but takes the game on with run and carry and has shown a good ability to intercept mark and repel attacks at that level.

You'd think we'd need Witts to help take on Mumford which in turn should help the game of White.

P.S-I'd consider bringing in Marsh and playing him further up the ground even as a defensive forward.

He's super quick which we could use and until we're certain about his disposal ability at this level any turnovers mightn't be as costly in our forward half.

He's raw but kind of reminds me of a young Lumumba as a prospect.

Yes no Adams and no Greenwood. This is our big dilemma for GWS. BenKen needs to stay in as an inside mid. Do you or MagpieBat have any ideas about who else can prevent us being slaughtered in contested and clearances next week? No one else comes to mind for me who can slot in from the VFL. The one player who could is suspended for PEDs.

Neil Appleby Taurus

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:17 am

I know I've waxed lyrical on Cloke elsewhere, but there were two things about his game yesterday:
One was that the ball was delivered beautifully to his advantage and two, he led aggressively and didn't stand and try to wrestle his opponent.

Now, onto the GWS game, if Adams is fit he is automatic. Witts comes in to help Grundy. Now the big question, does White get omitted?
He sure doesn't deserve to play; he did bugger all yesterday. I really want him to succeed because he has all the natural ability in the world, but he gave us nothing except structure. I think Broomhead needs more time in the VFL.

Reid needs more time in the VFL. Why rush him? Let's try to get him match fit and then give him a final try after the bye. I'm really looking forward to the next 6 weeks. We play the best and will need to step up. Sure we'll cop some hidings, but if the team is going to be as good as we think, we need to show something. Will Broomhead finally start showing the form of late 2014? Will DeGoey settle and develop the clean hands he displays at VFL level? I think this boy is a beauty and can be a regular in quick time. Will Marsh, Moore and Sharenberg come into the team? Gee I hope so; if they can, the big picture is will be taking shape nicely.
IN: Adams, Witts
OUT: Broomhead, White

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 1 of 12   

Jump to: