Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre match. Pies v. Dockers - All comments please

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 8:46 pm
Post subject: Pre match. Pies v. Dockers - All comments pleaseReply with quote

NB. Defender and others. If you're starting a topic about an upcoming match, please include the relevant details - When, where etc. Donny.

Thursday.

Collingwood v. Fremantle

Domain. 6.10 (local)

Let's hear ya !!

--------------------------------------------

I reckon Greenwood has to be the sub, he may not be able to run out a full hame yet but he's far and away better than any of the other sub candidates, lock that in.

Degoey: he hasn't set the world on fire but he hasn't been bad either, he just doesn't get enough of it at AFL level ATM, but with a perth trip coming up I'd like to see him retained just for the experience.

Seedsman: probably makes way for Blair, Subiaco would suit his game style though.

Kennedy: if they're worried about him running out a full game then he definately won't get picked for a Perth trip.

In: Blair-Greenwood (sub)

Out: Seedsman-Kennedy (both omitted)

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 8:57 pm
Post subject: Re: Changes V FreoReply with quote

Hard to argue with any of that defender. I guess it will in part depend on how the VFL squad performs this week.
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:07 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Good post, Defender.

I'd rather someone with more pace than Blair against the Eagles on that ground, either Kennedy or Seedsman, probably Kennedy as Seedy is obviously NQR. But that won't happen.

Goldsack is the other worry. He's obviously not right, he played at three-quarter pace on Sunday. If the week off is enough to get him right, he's worth his weight in gold to our inexperienced defence, but if he's not back in perfect shape, leave him out and take Marsh over instead. Bit of height, bit of pace, that's a like-for-like replacement.

Oh, one other thing: if you are going to take a player in who isn't up for four quarters yet, there is absolutely no reason why he has to be the sub. It makes no difference whether you sub Greenwood in halfway through the game or sub him out half-way through the game, either way he plays a half. Of course, you may have to bring on your sub at any time to cover an injury, leaving Greenwood to play four quarters. Equally, if he is the sub, he may have to come on in the first ten minutes and play all day for that same reason. In short: if you are going to play someone for half a game, it really doesn't matter whether he starts on the ground or in the vest.

John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:11 pm

vfl has the bye. greenwood won't be playing afl against freo. it's fanciful to expect him to do so after 3/4 of a game in the vfl.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:17 pm

John Wren wrote:
vfl has the bye. greenwood won't be playing afl against freo. it's fanciful to expect him to do so after 3/4 of a game in the vfl.

Thanks JW. I didn't realise the VFL had a bye as well. you're right. I expect Greenwood and Reid will need at least 1 and probably another 2 full VFL games before getting a senior recall. That might just save Seedsman's bacon for another week. You've got to feel for Kennedy, but I think Bucks feels we've already filled our quota of dwarfs, with Blair, Elliott and Adams.
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:20 pm

John Wren wrote:

Didn't Greenwood get 18 disposals in a qtr in his VFL return game? If so, why not make him the sub? None of the other sub candidates are capable of those numbers.

Also, Greenwood isn't coming off a soft tissue injury, we don't have to be overly cautious with him.

You like this.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:29 pm

John Wren wrote:

Correct weight. He'll need a good few weeks to adapt in the 2's I would have thought.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:31 pm

Defender wrote:
John Wren wrote:

Didn't Greenwood get 18 disposals in a qtr in his VFL return game? If so, why not make him the sub? None of the other sub candidates are capable of those numbers.

Also, Greenwood isn't coming off a soft tissue injury, we don't have to be overly cautious with him.

True, but there are soft tissue, connective tissue, ligaments, tendons & muscle/nerves around his ankle & he needs to get match fitness / match hardened for more that 3/4's of a game.

Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:33 pm

I'm sure all the guys who need work will get it over the weekend.

You like this.
Dangles 

Balmey Army

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:01 pm

We're gonna need pace at Subi, so I'd be keeping Kennedy and Seedsman. Greenwood shouldn't be rushed into the seniors until he's gotten through at least two full VFL games and played well in them. If you make him the sub against Freo and someone goes down in the first five minutes Greenwood won't run out the game.
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:29 pm

What is the story with Grundy? Is he likely to be right to go? If so, do we play both rucks?
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:07 pm

Pies have been ultra conservative with injury management this year and it's working out ok. Forget Greenwoods possessions, it's about the miles in the legs and getting used to the tempo.
12 weeks out injured and half a comeback game in VFL doesn't cut it against the best on Subiaco. Let's get him right so that he is cherry ripe for last third of the home and aways.
Blair in for Seedsman and Degoey in the vest ( subject to hand ) would be my thoughts.
inxs88 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:16 pm

Bucks has a stringent and conservative policy for all injured players on the comeback trail. Just look at the previous examples:

1. Karnezis (1.25 seasons until he debuted)
2. Reid (not in plans till July)
3. Scharenberg (6 games back: still yet to be picked)
4. Broomhead (paid his dues in magoos)
5. Kennedy (first game was rd 10!)
6. Grundy (in 2013/2014 spent several matches in reserves)
7. Witts (played in reserves in first 6 games this year)
8. J Marsh (still yet to debut while he "learns" the game)

So don't see Greenwood getting a hall pass through to the seniors any time soon!

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:39 pm

Not so sure.

Outside of Reid Greenwood has many more runs on the board in terms of quality AFL performances than all the other names you've mentioned and hasn't had the same ongoing soft tissue concerns as Reid.

I reckon if Greenwood can play 4 quarters next VFL round and play decent he's a good shot of coming in for the hawks even if it's only as the sub.

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:49 pm

Tannin wrote:
What is the story with Grundy? Is he likely to be right to go? If so, do we play both rucks?

He wont play against Freo IMO.

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/video/2015-06-15/grundy-a-brace-for-two-weeks

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/video/2015-06-15/blackmores-injury-update-round-12

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 1 of 13   

Jump to: