Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre match. Pies v. Dockers - All comments please

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:27 am
Post subject: Re: Training TonightReply with quote

ip address wrote:
The players only did a light session after arriving at the ground around 5:15pm.

Good to see them all relaxed and happy.

The crowd who attended was the largest I’ve ever seen at a training session at Subi, oops! Domayne Stadium. It was along the fence from back pocket to forward pocket. Heaps of kids!

The Prince of Perth came out first and as players came out onto the track there were cheers.

Afterwards they did the obligatory photos & signatures, etc.

I still cannot get over how many turned out to see them.

domain stadium too. what a dull name for subi even allowing for the sponsor's name.

how many do you think were there? hopefully the club remembers it's one of the biggest shows in town when it trips off interstate and supporters aren't afforded the same opportunities we take for granted in melbourne.

ip address 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:54 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't counted numbers since my Bethlehem days Smile

However, I would say 400 - 500. The Club has really gone out of the way to make the players available to the fans at interstate training sessions. It's good to see, especially when you may see them live only annually.

I'm sure there will be something on the Club website when they upload the info.

Dangles 

Balmey Army

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:21 am

MAGPIES

B: T. Langdon, N. Brown, M. Williams

HB: A. Toovey, J. Frost, T. Goldsack

C: A. Oxley, D. Swan, S. Sidebottom

HF: J. Elliott, J. White, J. De Goey

F: A. Fasolo, T. Cloke, T. Broomhead

Foll: J. Witts, J. Crisp, S. Pendlebury

Inter: T. Varcoe, J. Blair, T. Adams, P. Seedsman

Emerg: J. Marsh, B. Kennedy, B. Maynard

In: J. Blair

Out: B. Kennedy

DOCKERS

B: L. Spurr, L. McPharlin, G. Ibbotson

HB: D. Pearce, A. Pearce, C. Sutcliffe

C: T. Sheridan, N. Fyfe, C. Pearce

HF: M. Barlow, C. Mayne, S. Hill

F: M. Walters, M. Pavlich, H. Ballantyne

Foll: A. Sandilands, D. Mundy, N. Suban

Inter: J. Hannath, L. Neale, H. Crozier, M.de Boer

Emerg: J. Griffin, M. Taberner, T. Mzungu

In: M.de Boer, C. Mayne

Out: T. Mzungu, M. Taberner

I don't know. That Fremantle side doesn't look to be that much better than our team. They've named Mayne a CHF for FFS. And as I scan my eyes across their line up and then look at ours they don't seem to have that much more star power than us. Plus their last two games were poor and we're a good traveling team. Fyfe has been talked about a lot but I'm also interested in seeing who we put on Ballantyne and Hill. I'd put Williams on Ballantyne because he can match his mongrel and I'd put Varcoe on Hill because he can match his pace.
piester 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:46 am

I think Witts will do alright tonight, he is only 2cm shorter and 6kg lighter than Sandilands and was more than serviceable against Mumford. He is key to deprive the Freo mids the forward momentum they normally gain from a Sandilands tap to advantage. If Witts can hold his own then it will become more of contested footy game and that will improve the odds for us.
Woods Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:40 am
Post subject: Re: Training TonightReply with quote

John Wren wrote:
ip address wrote:
The players only did a light session after arriving at the ground around 5:15pm.

Good to see them all relaxed and happy.

The crowd who attended was the largest I’ve ever seen at a training session at Subi, oops! Domayne Stadium. It was along the fence from back pocket to forward pocket. Heaps of kids!

The Prince of Perth came out first and as players came out onto the track there were cheers.

Afterwards they did the obligatory photos & signatures, etc.

I still cannot get over how many turned out to see them.

domain stadium too. what a dull name for subi even allowing for the sponsor's name.

how many do you think were there? hopefully the club remembers it's one of the biggest shows in town when it trips off interstate and supporters aren't afforded the same opportunities we take for granted in melbourne.

A short video of yesterday's open training session in WA now up on the club web site:
http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/video/2015-06-25/training-update-pies-in-perth
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:49 am

It's interesting that Lyon is coming out with statements that he is worried about how Cloke will perform against his team. If Lyon is worried, it shows that that Freemantle is respecting us. That good as far as the mind battle goes, if we can get them on the back foot. I would say now that it is critical that we get off to a good start and can establish an early lead in the first quarter. After that just throw caution to the wind and you never know what might happen.
yin-YANG 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:05 pm

Fyfe played well against the Tigers and they still got towelled… the team effort is what will count in beating the Dockers. Hoping Pies bring intensity from the start because when Freo were switched on they were winning games from their first qtr bursts and then hanging on in defensive slog style.

Freo's ball movement was horrid in the game against the Tigers and I am sure the rest/bye will have given them time to address their poor kick-outs and overall lazy play. We are a chance - but their bigger bodies around the ball and the game being played in WA means they have to start firm favs.

Freo by 2 goals - but even a close loss could be really important for our young blokes to realise how close they are to the better teams.

Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:25 pm

Fatui Attata wrote:
Defender wrote:
With Freo lite on Defenders I wonder if Marsh might be a surprise inclusion as a forward, pretty sure he played most of his u18 forward.

Was actually just pondering to myself, of all the players on the plane to Perth, who would have the physical capability to match/negate Fyfe? Then I discovered a boarding pass was issued to one Mr Jonathon Marsh. Hmmmmm. Outside the square. Too much of a baptism of fire for Marshy? Has certainly been honing his defensive skills for some time now. Interesting. Fanciful, but something in me wants to see something like that happen!

I'm thinking Marsh for the sack, like for like, both can play forward-back but I reckon Marsh might offer a bit more as a forward.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:27 pm

BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:
It's interesting that Lyon is coming out with statements that he is worried about how Cloke will perform against his team. If Lyon is worried, it shows that that Freemantle is respecting us. That good as far as the mind battle goes, if we can get them on the back foot. I would say now that it is critical that we get off to a good start and can establish an early lead in the first quarter. After that just throw caution to the wind and you never know what might happen.

Lyon is the king of mind games, remember when he called Daisy the best player in the comp? Pretty sure Daisy had a stinker that game and ended up getting himself rubbed out for 2.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
piester 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:27 pm

BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:

Lyon is a master of subterfuge and deception. He is actually putting the pressure back on Cloke to perform, and taking the focus off his own team.

Dangles 

Balmey Army

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:59 pm

So judging by this thread not many people seem to think Freo's past two poor performances mean anything. You guys don't take recent form into account?
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:01 pm

Not too disimililar to ourselves in that they've structured up with the minimum 2x tall forwards (Pav & Hannath v Cloke & White), and minimum 2x tall defenders (McPharlin & Pearce v Brown & Frost), and 1x ruckman. Those 190ish midsize players of both side will play an important role. They're a mature big bodied side and judging by selections I think they're going to try and outrun us on the open spaces of Subi.

Be very interesting to see how it all plays out. Not at all confident, don't think the bye helps us, but as long as we can provide a good contest and don't get smashed I'll be satisfied.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:10 pm

jackcass wrote:
Be very interesting to see how it all plays out. Not at all confident, don't think the bye helps us, but as long as we can provide a good contest and don't get smashed I'll be satisfied.

Yes I must admit that I will be happy if we get within 4 goals at the end. VERY tough gig to win over there.

Lazza 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:12 pm

Dangles wrote:
So judging by this thread not many people seem to think Freo's past two poor performances mean anything. You guys don't take recent form into account?

Form is temporary dude. Many teams lose a few (eg. Melbourne) and then start winning again. Wouldn't surprise me to see GCS winning this week.

thompsoc 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:13 pm

Lazza wrote:
jackcass wrote:

Yes I must admit that I will be happy if we get within 4 goals at the end. VERY tough gig to win over there.

True it is a tough gig.
But the Pies have been good on the road for a number of years.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 11 of 13   

Jump to: