Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre match. Pies v. Dockers - All comments please

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:14 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

piester wrote:
BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:
It's interesting that Lyon is coming out with statements that he is worried about how Cloke will perform against his team. If Lyon is worried, it shows that that Freemantle is respecting us. That good as far as the mind battle goes, if we can get them on the back foot. I would say now that it is critical that we get off to a good start and can establish an early lead in the first quarter. After that just throw caution to the wind and you never know what might happen.

Lyon is a master of subterfuge and deception. He is actually putting the pressure back on Cloke to perform, and taking the focus off his own team.

that's how i read lyon's comments too.

i think freo will win by a couple of goals and won't be too disappointed if we lose. i also believe we are small chance of winning.

Lazza 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:21 pm

thompsoc wrote:
True it is a tough gig.
But the Pies have been good on the road for a number of years.

Agree and I'm not saying that we can't win, just that it is highly unlikely! But miracles can happen!! Laughing Cool

Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:26 pm

John Wren wrote:
piester wrote:
BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:
It's interesting that Lyon is coming out with statements that he is worried about how Cloke will perform against his team. If Lyon is worried, it shows that that Freemantle is respecting us. That good as far as the mind battle goes, if we can get them on the back foot. I would say now that it is critical that we get off to a good start and can establish an early lead in the first quarter. After that just throw caution to the wind and you never know what might happen.

Lyon is a master of subterfuge and deception. He is actually putting the pressure back on Cloke to perform, and taking the focus off his own team.

that's how i read lyon's comments too.

i think freo will win by a couple of goals and won't be too disappointed if we lose. i also believe we are small chance of winning.

I think we'll win, they have some key outs and are role for the picking, their recent form hasn't been great either.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:32 pm

Dangles wrote:
So judging by this thread not many people seem to think Freo's past two poor performances mean anything. You guys don't take recent form into account?

Think the bye came at a very good time for them and it's more likely we'll see the round 1-9 Freo rather than the side that was beaten by Richmond and struggled against GCS. Form can be a guide but sometimes we can also read too much into it.

Footy is a funny game though. Freo has actually exceeded my expectations. Didn't think they'd be competing with the Hawks, Swans and Port so maybe they're really in between the extremes of their good and bad performances.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:13 pm

IS there ANY chance at all, that Reid and Greenwood may get selected before i am on a walking frame ?? We havent got a dogs chance in hell of winning this, nah, only joking, but i honestly cant see us winning over there, on their own pissing ground, post bye, they will be out to impress their ferals, and wont be taken by surprise like the tigers did to em.

Clockers by 20 + points, but i reckon we will have a red hot go too. Cool

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:24 pm

Money coming for the Pies, back into $3.35.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:29 pm

swoop42 wrote:
I just hope we don't parrot round 1 of last year.

I reckon that's our collective fear.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:32 pm

swoop42 wrote:
Does de Goey really warrant a game ahead of Kennedy?

Had his chances, been involved in some good passages but hasn't really had a break out game like that of a Brayshaw.

We know he'll be a very good player but it's only his first season.

Will De Goey be the fall guy for the inclusion of Marsh? MM most likely would play Marsh for a debut game.

Part of me wants Bucks to this (include Marsh) & De Goey would be the person to be dropped IMO.

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:45 pm

watt price tully wrote:
swoop42 wrote:

Had his chances, been involved in some good passages but hasn't really had a break out game like that of a Brayshaw.

Will De Goey be the fall guy for the inclusion of Marsh? MM most likely would play Marsh for a debut game.

Part of me wants Bucks to this (include Marsh) & De Goey would be the person to be dropped IMO.

I think the Seed is more vulnerable if Marsh is a late inclusion. De Goey adds to our midfield grunt which we'll need against these guys whereas Marsh has shown he can be equally damaging as Seed with his run and carry and similarly can play anywhere down the flanks.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 3:00 pm

jackcass wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
swoop42 wrote:

I think the Seed is more vulnerable if Marsh is a late inclusion. De Goey adds to our midfield grunt which we'll need against these guys whereas Marsh has shown he can be equally damaging as Seed with his run and carry and similarly can play anywhere down the flanks.

Too true. I forgot about the seeds

mattys123 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 3:33 pm

De Goey is holding his place for a first year kid who has only played 6 games.

The "great Angus Brayshaw" has played twice as many games and is only averaging 3 more disposals a game.

Give JDG 6 more games and I guarantee he is averaging more then 14 disposals a game like AB is at the moment.

Having said that I wouldn't mind seeing De Goey as the sub tonight, to me he is the 22nd best player in that named side, even if within 12 months he will over take 10 of them.
BBHS Cancer

bbhs

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:13 pm

Seedsman stays in just because we need long kicking running players to break down their game style and ground size.
Woods Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:30 pm

jackcass wrote:
Fatui Attata wrote:
Defender wrote:
With Freo lite on Defenders I wonder if Marsh might be a surprise inclusion as a forward, pretty sure he played most of his u18 forward.

Was actually just pondering to myself, of all the players on the plane to Perth, who would have the physical capability to match/negate Fyfe? Then I discovered a boarding pass was issued to one Mr Jonathon Marsh. Hmmmmm. Outside the square. Too much of a baptism of fire for Marshy? Has certainly been honing his defensive skills for some time now. Interesting. Fanciful, but something in me wants to see something like that happen!

A debut in front of WA based family has a certain romance to it and his pace would be handy. Just can't see it happening.

I'd like to see that. Muddle their forwards a bit of the unexpected. But who goes out? Goldsack, in like for like? Or Seedsman, with a reshuffle?
Johnno75 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:31 pm

Likely to lose the next 2, but as long as we don't get smashed and take it up to the Dockers and Hawks and the boys give it their all, it will do the world of good to the confidence of some of our younger guys.

If we can aim to be 10-6 after the next 5 games I think we are still in great shape.

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:32 pm

Do you think everyone will agree?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 12 of 13   

Jump to: