Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre match. Pies v. Dockers - All comments please

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:31 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

No way Greenwood is ready. Expecting minimal changes. Blair in for De Goey, that is it. BK to get a full game (surely he must) and the vest to go to Seedsman, who's been ordinary but not prepared to drop just yet.
mosig 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:10 am

FrankieGoesToCollingwood wrote:
No way Greenwood is ready. Expecting minimal changes. Blair in for De Goey, that is it. BK to get a full game (surely he must) and the vest to go to Seedsman, who's been ordinary but not prepared to drop just yet.

Bang on.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:26 am

mosig wrote:

Bang on.

Exactly. This nonsense about rushing players back must stop FFS. Give them a long time in the VFL to get right instead of causing more long term damage by trying to play senior level before their bodies are ready...... Evil or Very Mad

September Zeros 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:46 am

RudeBoy wrote:
jackcass wrote:
roar wrote:
Reid, Greenwood, Grundy and Scharenberg will be seen as not ready, IMO.

Change I would like to see (barring any injuries):

OUT: Seedsman
IN: Marsh (sub)

Love to see Marsh debut and there's a certain romance to him doing it at home in Perth. You could make a case for Abbott as well on the back of 6 goals making it 2x WA boys debuting at home.

Sadly, can't see it happening. Expect minimal changes to a winning side and likely Blair in, Seedsman out.

I don't think Abbott can play as he's a rookie and we have already promoted Frost. Unless there's another longterm injury, I suspect Abbott will have to wait until next year to play senior footy. Personally I can't wait, as i see him as the new 'raging bull' for the Pies.

Saw him play last week for the first time. Is a real hardnut beast. And a lot of pants about his physique. Looking forward to watching his progress closely.

As for Marsh.........surely the debut happens soon? He's got a lot of agro about him, is lightning quick over 20, and is running the 4 qtrs. out beautifully. He looks super fit.

Got to say It's nice to see that we have a few blokes around who bring a little bit of rage to the side.

As for ins and outs. I'd like to see kennedy retained instead of blair as well as Seedsman as sub.

In other words. No change.

If someone has to go then seedsman out, Marsh in.

They used to be a happy team at hawthorn.

RudeBoy wrote:
jackcass wrote:
roar wrote:

Love to see Marsh debut and there's a certain romance to him doing it at home in Perth. You could make a case for Abbott as well on the back of 6 goals making it 2x WA boys debuting at home.

Sadly, can't see it happening. Expect minimal changes to a winning side and likely Blair in, Seedsman out.

I don't think Abbott can play as he's a rookie and we have already promoted Frost. Unless there's another longterm injury, I suspect Abbott will have to wait until next year to play senior footy. Personally I can't wait, as i see him as the new 'raging bull' for the Pies.

Saw him play last week for the first time. Is a real hardnut beast. And a lot of pants about his physique. Looking forward to watching his progress closely.

As for Marsh.........surely the debut happens soon? He's got a lot of agro about him, is lightning quick over 20, and is running the 4 qtrs. out beautifully. He looks super fit.

Got to say It's nice to see that we have a few blokes around who bring a little bit of rage to the side.

As for ins and outs. I'd like to see kennedy retained instead of blair as well as Seedsman as sub.

In other words. No change.

If someone has to go then seedsman out, Marsh in.

They used to be a happy team at hawthorn.

RudeBoy wrote:
jackcass wrote:
roar wrote:

I'm pretty sure all clubs get a mid-year rookie elevation over and above the LTI that we could activate.
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:56 am

Lazza wrote:
mosig wrote:

Bang on.

Exactly. This nonsense about rushing players back must stop FFS. Give them a long time in the VFL to get right instead of causing more long term damage by trying to play senior level before their bodies are ready...... Evil or Very Mad

Laz. DeGoey is plotting a similar course to Thomas in his first year. Each week you see him he is improving. Against GWS he laid that beautiful tackle in the third quarter which he converted into a goal. He has the body to play AFL straight away. He's one week away from playing that breakaway game that will define him for the rest of his career. The last thing you want to do is drop him back to VFL.
Woods Capricorn

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:58 am

Weather forecast for Thurs, 25 June - Perth area
Min 6 Max 19
Mostly sunny. Light winds.

That said, there have been heavy dews at night games in Perth of late, so expect it to be a slippery affair.

Regarding Grundy, the club has said he will spend a few weeks in a neck brace. But he’ll probably need a few more weeks after the brace comes off to regain strength in his neck mucsles (which can quickly get weak when immobilised). So I wouldn’t expect him to play until mid-July at earliest.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:59 am

BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:
]Laz. DeGoey is plotting a similar course to Thomas in his first year. Each week you see him he is improving. Against GWS he laid that beautiful tackle in the third quarter which he converted into a goal. He has the body to play AFL straight away. He's one week away from playing that breakaway game that will define him for the rest of his career. The last thing you want to do is drop him back to VFL.

Not in disagreement here BIFC. I was talking about rushing back injured players into the seniors like Reid, Greenwood, Grundy and in time Sinclair, Ramsey, Maccafer etc.

Last edited by Lazza on Fri Jun 19, 2015 11:10 am; edited 1 time in total
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 11:04 am

Who was that?
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 11:48 am

inxs88 wrote:
Bucks has a stringent and conservative policy for all injured players on the comeback trail. Just look at the previous examples:

1. Karnezis (1.25 seasons until he debuted)
2. Reid (not in plans till July)
3. Scharenberg (6 games back: still yet to be picked)
4. Broomhead (paid his dues in magoos)
5. Kennedy (first game was rd 10!)
6. Grundy (in 2013/2014 spent several matches in reserves)
7. Witts (played in reserves in first 6 games this year)
8. J Marsh (still yet to debut while he "learns" the game)

So don't see Greenwood getting a hall pass through to the seniors any time soon!

Spot on.

John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 12:08 pm

jackcass wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
jackcass wrote:
roar wrote:

I'm pretty sure all clubs get a mid-year rookie elevation over and above the LTI that we could activate.

yeah, kind of.

Quote:
(e) From the commencement of the 2013 AFL Season, an AFL Club is eligible to nominate a Rookie Player as being eligible for senior selection by the date and time nominated by the General Counsel which date shall be at the conclusion of the Pre-Season Competition, and if it otherwise satisfies the requirements of this clause 18 as follows:
(i) if it has 38 Players on its Primary List, it may nominate up to two (2) Nominated Rookies;
(ii) if it has 39 Players on its Primary List, it may nominate one (1) Nominated Rookie; as provided under the AFL Rules.

(f) An AFL Club is eligible to nominate a further Rookie Player as being eligible for senior selection mid-season in accordance with the AFL Rules and if it otherwise satisfies the requirements of this clause 18.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 2:07 pm

swoop42 wrote:
In:Jesus

Out:Kennedy, de Goey or Seedsman.

I'm not available next week.

John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 2:24 pm

watt price tully wrote:
swoop42 wrote:

no one was asking you to be.

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 3:36 pm

watt price tully wrote:
swoop42 wrote:

I said Jesus not old geezers.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 3 of 13   

Jump to: