Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre match. Pies v. Hawks - All comments please

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 18, 19, 20  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:28 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

perthmagpie wrote:
Moore is a tall target who will put enormous defensive pressure on Hawthorn. Even if he doesn't kick many goals he will still be valuable forward. If he starts marking the ball it is going to force Gibson to mind someone or force them to use Stratton on Moore. Could work out well for us. I am very surprised Spangher is selected. His ankle will probably be duct taped and dipped in concrete before he goes out there.

m Im very pleased young Darcy is in, Collingwood have a long,long history of picking kids for huge first games, did it too Len Thompson and Rene Kink, both first games were in big Finals. Good luck Darcy, and if that obnoxious little turd Mitchell tries to stir him up, hope one of our guys puts the little prick right on his arse. ! Its time Pies, time to beat these dickwads, once and for all. !! Razz Very Happy

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
simon tonna 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:34 pm

waiting for a collingwood game in anticipation every week is more exciting than going on a holiday for mine.
what a brave and bold statement from the club, playing two debutants against the absolute best on a friday night, the same club who jumped us on the ladder the weekend just gone and Bucks basically saying give us your best shot Hawks were not intimidated by anyone. go you mighty magpies.

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:39 pm

Pleased to see Maynard in but I'm still concerned that Moore isn't ready for senior football. He played an impressive match last week in the VFL but I feel like he needed more time after recovering from a hamstring injury but if Bucks is confident that he can contribute then so be it.

I love Darcy's enthusiasm for the club so I think he'll relish this opportunity. I'm interested to see where they play him tomorrow but I think the coaches are going to play him forward if the reserves is anything to go by.

A little disappointed that Grundy and Greenwood didn't make it to the side but I suspect they'll play next week.

I still think the Hawks will win but I'm pumped for this match nevertheless! It's going to be a big crowd tomorrow night!

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:43 pm

Jezza wrote:
Pleased to see Maynard in but I'm still concerned that Moore isn't ready for senior football. He played an impressive match last week in the VFL but I feel like he needed more time after recovering from a hamstring injury but if Bucks is confident that he can contribute then so be it.

I love Darcy's enthusiasm for the club so I think he'll relish this opportunity. I'm interested to see where they play him tomorrow but I think the coaches are going to play him forward if the reserves is anything to go by.

A little disappointed that Grundy and Greenwood didn't make it to the side but I suspect they'll play next week.

I still think the Hawks will win but I'm pumped for this match nevertheless! It's going to be a big crowd tomorrow night!

Mate, i reckon we can win this now, no Roughy -goodluck too him and hope he gets better real soon- is a huge out for them, and i reckon young Moore might throw them a bit. Im actually fairly confident now, i reckon if we play with that intensity of last week, we could roll right over them, bigtime. This is our big moment, too really shut the critics up, once and for all, and i think we can too. Exclamation Very Happy

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:47 pm

Quote:
PRE-MATCH HIGHLIGHTS

Light Towers off

Dami Im performing live followed by Fireworks

Light Towers on

Collingwood Team Entry

depending on hows things go in the first quarter we might want the light towers to be switched off again.

i have tipped us to win this by 11 points. don't expect to see the blowouts we've become accustomed.

Nearly 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:50 pm

I wonder if Darcy Moore has ever played a game in the forwards when he was the third tall. Very interesting move.
simon tonna 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:50 pm

maybe broomy for the red. would like to see him come on the ground later in the match when the match is hopefully won, by us. but i suspect Bucks will go for a defending wingman like seedsman is and maybe impact the score board too.
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:06 pm

Personally I wouldn't go with de Goey as the sub.

Him and Moore are good mates and used to prowling the forward line together at Oakleigh so it might help Moore relax into his first game having de Goey alongside him.

Also de Goey is suited to the physical brand of football we'll get against the hawks.

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:13 pm

perthmagpie wrote:
Moore is a tall target who will put enormous defensive pressure on Hawthorn. Even if he doesn't kick many goals he will still be valuable forward. If he starts marking the ball it is going to force Gibson to mind someone or force them to use Stratton on Moore. Could work out well for us. I am very surprised Spangher is selected. His ankle will probably be duct taped and dipped in concrete before he goes out there.

Agree - Moore has great speed and you hang around with the ball with him around.

Teams will hear his Footsteps Wink

Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:35 pm

simon tonna wrote:
waiting for a collingwood game in anticipation every week is more exciting than going on a holiday for mine.
what a brave and bold statement from the club, playing two debutants against the absolute best on a friday night, the same club who jumped us on the ladder the weekend just gone and Bucks basically saying give us your best shot Hawks were not intimidated by anyone. go you mighty magpies.

Awesome post, Simon Exactly what i think I have full confidence that we only select guys who are ready to go. this selection is a bold statement of self-belief. As you say, it is a clear statement that we are not afraid of anyone. Go you mighty Pies.
Dangles 

Balmey Army

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:53 pm

Will Maynard come straight in to the starting line up to replace Goldsack or will he get the vest?
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:56 pm

Dangles wrote:
Will Maynard come straight in to the starting line up to replace Goldsack or will he get the vest?

Think he come straight in. Named on the Ground at HBF

dalyc Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:41 pm

swoop42 wrote:
With news that Moore is a likely in DTM is in standby mode with his pants around his ankles.

Look for a geiser down Somerville way should it be confirmed.

I rarely do so, but this made really laugh out loud.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:06 pm

De Goey is the obvious choice to wear the vest.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:10 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
De Goey is the obvious choice to wear the vest.

Oxley or Broomhead are 2 Candidates

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 19 of 20   

Jump to: