Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre match. Pies v. Dees - All comments please

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 4:41 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

SwansWay wrote:
White shouldn't have been dropped. He's named Witts in the ruck and Grundy up forward so I guess he'' rotate them. I think we're a much better side when Grundy in the ruck and White pinch-hitting while playing as a forward.

White gives up much more than Witts does. I thought this was the strangest week to drop White. Against Melbourne and with Cloke unavailable no less. But then again after seeing Bucks bring Grundy back against Port in the wet without dropping Witts, I have almost no idea what's going on anymore. This would've been the week where White could have kicked a bag against a bottom side. Funny that I'm calling them a bottom team even though we're only three games ahead of them. The ladder doesn't give an accurate indication this year, does it.

That being said, I'm excited about the inclusions. I can't wait to see Adams back in action!! Love the way that guy plays!

Bucks is a Big Fan of Playing both Witts and Grundy in the same side.

Shown he never dropped either this year

Carro 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 4:52 pm

Game will be called off after I boo lumumba. Players to walk off at the ten minute mark of the first term.
King Monkey 

Location: On a journey to seek the scriptures of enlightenment....

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:37 pm
Post subject: Team balanceReply with quote

Interesting to look at selection this week.
2 inside ball winners OUT, 2 outside runners IN.
Kennedy & Blair for Seedsman & Dwyer.

Perhaps Kennedy hasn't gotten the chop entirely based on his poor second half last week, it might be for team balance?? (Performance would've contributed though.)
I find it interesting both Seeds & Dwyer come in, similar types in regards to being outside runners or link players, neither win much of their own ball.
I'd love Kennedy to come good, as I think he's capable of both.

Another aspect regarding team balance - White OUT, Elliot IN.
Rapt!!
At worst, the likes of Elliot, Fasolo, Moore can provide a contest when the ball is in the air, and would be favourites to win it when it hits the deck.
Should give us a nice air of unpredictability in the forward line this week going small + Moore and resting ruckman.

Oh you are a dee-mon, I love to fiiight."
didick 

didick

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:49 pm

I don't think Kennedy was replaced by either Dwyer or Seedsman. He was replaced due to the return of Adams.
Dangles 

Balmey Army

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:03 pm

Wonder if the Dees will try to double team Moore like often happens to Cloke? Could be a hard day at the office for him if they do.

Dwyer is an outside player? I always had him pegged as an inside mid. Maybe I just assumed that because he's a slow nuggetty type like a lot of inside mids.
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 7:55 pm

jackcass wrote:
yin-YANG wrote:
Some issues with the team on page 1…

I am assuming there is only 1 Seedsman playing and that he is on the interchange bench.

Most likely seedsman will be the sub, with Adams (the other Seedsman) on the wing?

Expecting a huge effort from Seedsman.

Well I'd guess either Seedsman or Dwyer the starting sub?
And yes surely another indifferent performance from Seedsman will see him consigned to the reserves for the duration of 2015?
Can't believe how much Ramsay has been missed down back!

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:36 pm

Good to see on the News the Rain be gone by Start of The Game Very Happy
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:41 pm

Grundy will most likely start at FF and Moore at CHF Grundy at least some competes and have Elliott as a lead up option and one of our mids like Swanny play close to goal with Fas & Grundy.
White has been on this chopping block for weeks IMO I reckon Bucks challenged him last week and he didn't produce.
Other outs aren't unexpected still think we might see w late change with Shazza getting a start.
Also Goldy looks likely to play back as the spare looking for the intercept option in front of Hogan.
If Cloke played I would really like our chances of beating them easily now maybe 20 points or so might be it.
E 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:08 pm
Post subject: Re: Team balanceReply with quote

King Monkey wrote:

Perhaps Kennedy hasn't gotten the chop entirely based on his poor second half last week, it might be for team balance?? (Performance would've contributed though.)
I find it interesting both Seeds & Dwyer come in, similar types in regards to being outside runners or link players, neither win much of their own ball.
I'd love Kennedy to come good, as I think he's capable of both.

Another aspect regarding team balance - White OUT, Elliot IN.
Rapt!!
At worst, the likes of Elliot, Fasolo, Moore can provide a contest when the ball is in the air, and would be favourites to win it when it hits the deck.
Should give us a nice air of unpredictability in the forward line this week going small + Moore and resting ruckman.

that's a little disingenuous dude. We are getting our best inside mid back into the side as well....... We don't need as many inside players when you have adams in the side because he will be inside EVERY pack!

Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:35 pm
Post subject: Re: Team balanceReply with quote

King Monkey wrote:

Ahem. Taylor Adams says "hi".

Adams wins more inside ball than Kennedy and Blair put together. Come to think of it, you can call Blair an inside player, but on which planet is regarded as a "ball winner"? How much do you want to bet that Adams wins more inside ball in the first quarter than Blair has won in the last two weeks? As for Kennedy, I don't quite know what to think. he was a high draft pick and he gets big rave-ups from many here, but I've still only seen the odd rare flash of something special from him. He looks like a player who could be a beauty one day, but he doesn't look like a player you'd select in the seniors for his ability to help you win games right now, this week. I'd still like to see him get more games at top level and show what he can do, but the reality is that Adams, Elliott, and Dwyer will all do more v Melbourne than we could reasonably expect of Kennedy.

Seedy? I dunno. Great when he's running on top of the ground and burning people off, pretty dreadful when he isn't. I suspect Seedy only made it in because he's a like-for like replacement for young Oxley, who is looking tired and needs a rest.

inxs88 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:45 pm

jackcass wrote:
yin-YANG wrote:
Some issues with the team on page 1…

I am assuming there is only 1 Seedsman playing and that he is on the interchange bench.

Most likely seedsman will be the sub, with Adams (the other Seedsman) on the wing?

Expecting a huge effort from Seedsman.

Gee you're setting yourself up for disappointment there! Shall be a sub and substandard

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:48 pm

We are Finally Back home at the G Very Happy

1st Game in 5 weeks we should Win.

Interesting we go with Moore as the only KPF. But Forecast is it to be Wet so Going in Small is not a Bad Idea.

Moore to at least Kick 2-3 Goals backing up after 5

The Midfield is where the Game will Decide how it goes. We have the Better Talls but Dees Midfield gave us Trouble on Queens birthday.

Good to see the Team have a bit of a Fresh Look after the 5 Loses.

I think we will be too strong and too good but won’t be a Blow Out. PIES by 20pts.

Moore will finally play in a Win

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 12:15 am

I also think we are looking for big Spread of Goal Kickers Tomorrow like we where doing Start of the Season
perthmagpie Aries

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 12:59 am

Press red for Ed tomorrow on Fox. Anyone know if you can record it with the Ed option? I will be at the game so can't watch it live. Can't seem to figure out a way to watch the replay with Ed.
King Monkey 

Location: On a journey to seek the scriptures of enlightenment....

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 1:28 am

Adams is an automatic selection.
Seedsman and Dwyer have been picked for a reason, more run, thus changing the team balance.
Will it be the go, or is it specific to the opponent??

(I try to start a discussion about team balance and it gets merged into the generic Coll vs Melb thread, yet there are 5 Sharenberg threads and 4 Goodes/booing threads on the first page. Deary me...... Rolling Eyes )

Oh you are a dee-mon, I love to fiiight."
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 10 of 13   

Jump to: