Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre match. Pies v. Swans - All comments please

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:27 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

AN_Inkling wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
Doc63 wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
There'd have to be a late change to bring in White from the emergencies to replace Moore, otherwise you'd have to think they've given up on the season.

Bit surprised to see Grundy getting another shot but I suppose the Swans don't actually have a competent ruckman to put on the park tomorrow.

Cloke could go in the Ruck

HNo way known will Cloke be taking any centre bounces. he may take boundary throw-ins on the forward line, but that's about it.

Well I am sure that 100% of centre bounces be taken by Grundy as long as he does not hurt himself like he did in the last QTR vs Blues

That's the problem though, what if he does get injured? If Moore's not up to rucking then White should be playing.

Well - That is the Risk the Selectors have Taken.

We have had real no problems in the Ruck with Injuries last 2 years Very Happy

The Weed 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:28 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
There'd have to be a late change to bring in White from the emergencies to replace Moore, otherwise you'd have to think they've given up on the season.

Bit surprised to see Grundy getting another shot but I suppose the Swans don't actually have a competent ruckman to put on the park tomorrow.

Yep, didn't make the changes you expected so we have given up the season, wtf?
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:31 pm

Obviously we have gone for a high powered midfield with Taylor Adams OK to play and De Goey also selected. I like it!! Clearly our tall forward line will only run rampant if the ball gets there, and I think that is what we are attempting to guarantee with this midfield top up. I am disappointed though that we did not include White for Moore. Moore's time will come in the very near future, but we want to do everything we can to win tomorrow night and it seems clear to me that White would bring more to the table than Moore at the present time. Playing White would in fact have almost been like playing a new recruit, since he would have had the opportunity to play as a 3rd tall, which he has not done before. Not sure about the reasoning behind selecting Moore instead, especially since he should not be thrown in as a back up ruckman, and White can. Perhaps they are thinking that Moore will run riot, since the first two defenders will be tied up with Cloke and Reid, and his mobility and pace will be lethal. But I am not sure that this possiblity outweighs those that White would offer.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:34 pm

The Weed wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:

Yep, didn't make the changes you expected so we have given up the season, wtf?

Feel free to make a positive contribution.
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:44 pm

Moore's extra agility, pace and determination to contest the ball could have a major impact, like against the bulldogs, when the defence is tied up with Cloke and Reid.
I don't believe for a minute that we are giving up on the season. I love the choice of bringing De Goey in as an extra midfielder: I think this is an aggressive move that signals our intent to win.
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:46 pm

My previous post got truncated:
I meant to say:

On the other hand, the Swans don't have a competent ruckman and our choice of Moore rather than White could be reflecting our assessment of the Swans' ability to contest the ruck. Under these circumstances, the reasoning would be that Moore is the best choice, since his extra agility, pace and determination to contest the ball could have a major impact, like against the bulldogs, when the defence is tied up with Cloke and Reid.
I don't believe for a minute that we are giving up on the season. I love the choice of bringing De Goey in as an extra midfielder: I think this is an aggressive move that signals our intent to win.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:49 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
Could say that with anyone who could go in the Ruck.

I hate for Grundy to get Injured

Yes, DTM - we know. Wink
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:03 pm

Cloke is an important inclusion and I would have gone with White over Moore but any other changes outside that wont make a hell of a lot of difference to the strength of our 22 tomorrow night.

No point worrying about it as we need improvement across the board to have any hope of winning the next 3 weeks.

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:50 pm

I know Moore might not do anything but I think he is more Likely to have the Bigger game out of Him or White
mackasmatt 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:54 pm

Odds are even if we win every match we will finish 8th at best. Good idea to get games into Moore. We know what White is capable of. I'm pretty sure he is contracted for 2016 too (3yr deal). Give him a shot next year of establishing himself after a solid pre-season.
----------
------------
Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:55 pm

I think White's finished, can't see any value in playing him again while Reid, Moore and Cloke are available. I'd rather Moore played played out the rest of the year than someone who, imo won't have a role in any future plans. One ruck should be fine on that toy ground, the team looks pretty solid and I think we're a big chance for an upset. Pies by 8 pts
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 10:07 pm

FrankieGoesToCollingwood wrote:
I think White's finished, can't see any value in playing him again while Reid, Moore and Cloke are available. I'd rather Moore played played out the rest of the year than someone who, imo won't have a role in any future plans. One ruck should be fine on that toy ground, the team looks pretty solid and I think we're a big chance for an upset. Pies by 8 pts

If White isn't a late inclusion, it could very well be the end of his career at Collingwood. If he wants to extend his career here, maybe he should snort some coke cut with some PED to guarantee himself a spot on our rookie list.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 10:08 pm

Sounds like a plan. David, your thoughts???
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 10:24 pm

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 10:46 pm

IM actually pretty bullish about this one now, the side looks our best for quite some time, we have an excellent record against the Swantits and they are nowhere near the side of one year ago. They continue to pick old hack Shaw, who was cooked ages ago, even swan fans reckon hes gone, as is richerds, and theres no billion dollar buddy. Yep, we can take these pricks make no mistake.

Woods by 22 points, in an upset that will stump the critics. ! Lock it in. !

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 8 of 10   

Jump to: