Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre match. Pies v. Swans - All comments please

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 10:46 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Given we've dropped 2 defenders in Maynard and Scharenberg, it wouldn't surprise me to see White come in as our 3rd tall forward and Moore played in defence. Even without Buddy, the Swans have 3 tall forwards in Tippet, Goodes and Reid, so Moore would be more than handy down back. As to whom would be dropped to make way for White, given that De Goey plays in the midfield, it's likely to be Blair or (if he's still sore from his corky) Adams.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 10:59 pm

Magpietothemax wrote:
My previous post got truncated:
I meant to say:

On the other hand, the Swans don't have a competent ruckman and our choice of Moore rather than White could be reflecting our assessment of the Swans' ability to contest the ruck. Under these circumstances, the reasoning would be that Moore is the best choice, since his extra agility, pace and determination to contest the ball could have a major impact, like against the bulldogs, when the defence is tied up with Cloke and Reid.
I don't believe for a minute that we are giving up on the season. I love the choice of bringing De Goey in as an extra midfielder: I think this is an aggressive move that signals our intent to win.

Tippett is a more than handy ruck man and they've got Pike back. Think their ruck division deserves a little more respect than you suggest.
mattys123 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:06 pm

Hey all, there's an incorrect comment going around the media about our team.

They are saying that none of our players have ever played at the SCG.

THEY ARE WRONG.

Varcoe has 2 games, Greenwood 2 also and Crisp played there once.

Yeah it's not much but you'd think the media would do their research before sprouting out sensationalist comments.

We can win this though, it's only a patch of grass after all, and I reckon the smaller ground might suit us cause we can get it inside 50 quicker to our forwards, who should dominate.

Pies by 8. Very Happy
VicParkTragic 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:13 pm

Best side we've fielded for weeks. I'm excited about tomorrow night.
Marsh having another game is awesome I think!

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:18 pm

mattys123 wrote:
Hey all, there's an incorrect comment going around the media about our team.

They are saying that none of our players have ever played at the SCG.

THEY ARE WRONG.

Varcoe has 2 games, Greenwood 2 also and Crisp played there once.

Yeah it's not much but you'd think the media would do their research before sprouting out sensationalist comments.

We can win this though, it's only a patch of grass after all, and I reckon the smaller ground might suit us cause we can get it inside 50 quicker to our forwards, who should dominate.

Pies by 8. Very Happy

I think they mean in Black and White Jumpers

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:19 pm

This is a very interesting Game. We have Finally Broken our Losing Streak but in Not Very Impactful way by just beating the Scum by 3 Goals.

So we are not in the Hottest of Form but the Swans have also been in a Slump but they have won more games as they are a Better and More Mature Sides then we have in 2015.

We are playing at the SCG and not ANZ. So we can’t really take our Domination of the Swans in Sydney as much as we use to.

Cloke in is a Big In as it Gives us a very strong Marking Target. With Reid also in it takes the Pressure off Moore so he can use his Mobility and Speed more then when he was a KPF staying Deep.

Think we are Stronger in the Ruck with Grundy vs Tipped and Pyke but we don’t have the Depth.

MY TIP IS SWANS by 30pts but We are a Sneaky Chance because of our Fantastic Record over the Swans for the last Decade

The Weed 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:01 am

Pies4shaw wrote:
The Weed wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
There'd have to be a late change to bring in White from the emergencies to replace Moore, otherwise you'd have to think they've given up on the season.

Bit surprised to see Grundy getting another shot but I suppose the Swans don't actually have a competent ruckman to put on the park tomorrow.

Yep, didn't make the changes you expected so we have given up the season, wtf?

Feel free to make a positive contribution.

You mean like "we have given up the season".

Just trying to keep the bastards honest.
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:03 am

jackcass wrote:

Tippett is a more than handy ruck man and they've got Pike back. Think their ruck division deserves a little more respect than you suggest.

Did not realise that Pike was back in. Yeah, true, my comment in that case is not so apt.
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 3:51 am

Interesting selections for mine.
I wanted Scharenberg to stay in but in selecting DeGoey it's an aggressive decision giving us another midfield rotation on a small ground so I like the idea.
Glad Moore stayed in I want to see the future together Cloke Moore Reid are that not White.
Cloke plays CHF Reid plays FF and Moore plays lead up forward with Elliott to be given space as well as Fasalo.
Makes a damaging forward line for mine.
Wouldn't mind seeing DeGoey spend a bit of time as resting mid in the forward line I like his vision and he's a decent kick.
Brown gets Tiprat when he's not rucking Marsh gets Reid and Frost gets Goodes. Hope Frosty gets aggressive as Goodes isn't known for liking the physical side of the game.
Crisp Adam Greenwood need to really give us first use of the ball. On a small ground like this quick movement into our forward line with 5 guys who can really mark strongly could be the difference. I actually think the ground will suit us better because it will confine the Sydney outside runners.
I'm very bullish about our chances here.
I know last week was scrappy but a win is a win and sometimes you just need to win ugly to get the feeling of winning back.
Pies by 20+
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 8:12 am

qldmagpie67 wrote:
Interesting selections for mine.
I wanted Scharenberg to stay in but in selecting DeGoey it's an aggressive decision giving us another midfield rotation on a small ground so I like the idea.
Glad Moore stayed in I want to see the future together Cloke Moore Reid are that not White.
Cloke plays CHF Reid plays FF and Moore plays lead up forward with Elliott to be given space as well as Fasalo.
Makes a damaging forward line for mine.
Wouldn't mind seeing DeGoey spend a bit of time as resting mid in the forward line I like his vision and he's a decent kick.
Brown gets Tiprat when he's not rucking Marsh gets Reid and Frost gets Goodes. Hope Frosty gets aggressive as Goodes isn't known for liking the physical side of the game.
Crisp Adam Greenwood need to really give us first use of the ball. On a small ground like this quick movement into our forward line with 5 guys who can really mark strongly could be the difference. I actually think the ground will suit us better because it will confine the Sydney outside runners.
I'm very bullish about our chances here.
I know last week was scrappy but a win is a win and sometimes you just need to win ugly to get the feeling of winning back.
Pies by 20+

I'll take your 20 and raise it to 30+. Pies will physically smash the Swans.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:33 am

RudeBoy wrote:

Disagree RB, it will be a lot closer than that.

Either way, it will be within 2 - 3 goals.

Underestimate the Swans at our peril tonight.

John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:36 am

pies by 25.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 11:24 am

Lazza wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:

Agree, Swans deserving favourites. Pyke and Rohan back makes them a better side despite Buddy not playing. Looks pretty even on paper but I think their depth of experience will be the telling factor.
Dangles 

Balmey Army

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 11:24 am

Meh. Only need one ruckman on the small ground. He won't have to cover the usual amount of ground.
Dangles 

Balmey Army

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 11:26 am

jackcass wrote:
Lazza wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:

Agree, Swans deserving favourites. Pyke and Rohan back makes them a better side despite Buddy not playing. Looks pretty even on paper but I think their depth of experience will be the telling factor.

Of course they're favourites. Even though we won we were shithouse last week.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 9 of 10   

Jump to: