Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre match. Pies v. Swans - All comments please

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 11:08 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

AN_Inkling wrote:
jackcass wrote:
FrankieGoesToCollingwood wrote:
roar wrote:
Can someone explain the Scharenberg out calls?

Yeh, but I'm more perplexed about the calls on Marsh? He's had a great vfl season and an impressive debut, why would you drop him?

Good match up for Goodes really.

For me, it's not because he deserves to be dropped, his debut game was good enough to hold his spot in normal circumstances.

But, I'm treating Friday night's game, and any game till our finals hopes are over, as do or die. That means picking our best team possible. I favour Scharenberg over Marsh as he looks perfectly composed at the senior level and has shown a knack for picking up possessions. We made the mistake of keeping Moore in the team for the Port game and going too tall, we need to be careful not to make another selection on sentiment.

If De Goey's not ready, I'd maybe have Marsh as the sub but I think it's a risk to give him a full game against the Swans.

I want all of Cloke, White and De Goey to come in. Finding players to make way for these three is difficult as I don't think there's any who deserve to be omitted. Assuming everyone's fit, the only players I see as possible omissions are:

Marsh (only played the one game but acquitted himself well)
Maynard (going well but has made some howlers)
Moore (not getting a lot of the ball but competing strongly)
Blair (good game last week)
Scharenberg (has not put a foot wrong since debuting)

Inky Rude Jack all make good cases for who should be in or out.
Isn't it a great position to have so many player options and what mix we can go with ?
I'm actually excited with this prospect.
I would be keen for Marsh and Scharenberg particularly to stay in for no other reason as I see them in our future.
If DeGoey isn't 100% and still a bit tired in his body rest him he has a long career in front of him.
Maynard may need a break so Scharenberg for him makes sense to me.
If Cloke's cherry ripe (watching the way he was running on the news he looks it) he comes in and plays CHF Reid at FF and Moore in a pocket and use Cloke/Moore as second ruck.
I would try to stretch the swans lack of mobile falls in defence. The Hawks do this every time they play them and it works a treat. We need to kick scores to give us every chance of playing finals and while our percentage is decent it isn't great.
If we win this our finals chances will get down to the Cats game I believe.
I think Greenwood will be better for the run and his body will be handy against the swans mid field. If there mid field fire they can be hard to hold so we need the pressure to be at 150 all night. I hope to see Greenwood give Swan and Pendles a chop,out at the contests just give them that split second longer.
Crisp needs to go to either Jack or Hanaberry and wear them tighter than Warwick Capper's shorts.
I wouldn't mind seeing Scharenberg getting a run on the wing or in the mid field some time over the next few weeks as well. I think this is his future. He has a similar build to Pendles and a lot of commentators say his gait and vision is similar too to a young Pendles.
If we have to rest a back to keep Marsh in I would give Frosty a week off as reward. Last couple weeks he looks tired and his disposal has dropped off even more. He has done a heck of a job the past 2 seasons and hasn't missed a match that I can remember (maybe 1 with a leg or did he play the next week ?)
Exciting times ahead folks
Pies by 30
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 10:31 am

18 degrees tomorrow. looking forward to some warmer weather. tired of this cold weather we have even allowing for the fact it is winter and winter is meant to be cold.
roar 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:20 am

I'm heading up for this game, hopefully to see both Berg and Marsh play.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:22 am

Let us change the subject.
Dangles 

Balmey Army

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:38 pm

HAL wrote:
Let us change the subject.

I agree. With Cloke in and Franklin out all we need to do is show up and collect the four points. We might as well start talking about next week's game now.
58pie 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 5:41 pm

Want to see some scintilliating attacking football this Friday night and that means players with talent like Marsh and Scharenburg must stay in .Cloke & Patrick K and DeGoey the sub to come in . Out Toovey Sinclair (goals zero and 1 lousy point from 20 poss) & Blair 1.2 from 22 poss. I would rather see 5 goals from 15 poss from PK. Give me the days when Bucks would reel out of centre and kick it 65 metres. Pendles, Swanny Travis and Levi can do that!!!!
58pie 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 5:42 pm

Want to see some scintilliating attacking football this Friday night and that means players with talent like Marsh and Scharenburg must stay in .Cloke & Patrick K and DeGoey the sub to come in . Out Toovey Sinclair (goals zero and 1 lousy point from 20 poss) & Blair 1.2 from 22 poss. I would rather see 5 goals from 15 poss from PK. Give me the days when Bucks would reel out of centre and kick it 65 metres. Pendles, Swanny Travis and Levi can do that!!!!
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 5:43 pm

My eye isn't turned on right now.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 5:47 pm

Surely the swantits wont pick that old hack rhyce shaw, he was cooked two seasons ago, as even swannie fans say on their bigfooty blog. !

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Dangles 

Balmey Army

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 6:18 pm

HAL wrote:
My eye isn't turned on right now.

Doesn't matter. You only need one eye to support the Pies. Wink
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 6:45 pm

Scharanberg did not Travel.

All of Cloke,White,Reid and Moore Travelled

bkelly123 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 6:46 pm

Gee... Cloke, Reid, White and Moore would be a tall forward line. Surely bucks isn't going to play them all? Who knows, it could work but it could also be costly.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:06 pm

bkelly123 wrote:
Gee... Cloke, Reid, White and Moore would be a tall forward line. Surely bucks isn't going to play them all? Who knows, it could work but it could also be costly.

The swannies back six arent big, small, could well have them in big trouble, pretty hard too outmark that lot. Very Happy

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:26 pm

Just the two changes, with Cloke and De Goey in, replacing Scharenberg and Maynard.
think better 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:44 pm

Cloke, Moore, Reid, Fasolo, Elliot and Varcoe as the front six looks pretty good to me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 6 of 10   

Jump to: