Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Has Karnezis turned the corner?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 2:11 pm
Post subject: Has Karnezis turned the corner?Reply with quote

I watched the VFL game on TV and was mightily impressed with PK's game. Playing as a midfielder, he got heaps of the ball, tackled hard, was in and under, and as usual, contributed goals as well. He just seemed to be playing with more intensity than I've seen before, and seemed to be a lot fitter. A few weeks ago I was prepared to see him de-listed at the end of the season, but now i'm beginning to think his future may lie in the midfield. On yesterday's game alone, I'd just about give a game against the Swans this week, playing him on the ball. What do others think?
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 2:20 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Might but won’t be at Collingwood as he has already Quit the Club
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 2:21 pm

Source. DTM?
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 2:21 pm

well, according to one long time nickster, he indeed is turning the corner ... and out the door at season's end.
Boot 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 2:23 pm

I have felt that PK is a tease for a while now with lots of ability but lacks the mental fortitude to be a consistently good AFL player. However I think if he can continue to perform at the VFL level he is worth persisting with on the list as a depth player who is still young enough to further develop his game to be a contributor.

The big question is who would he replace in the senior team? At present I see him behind, Degoey, Greenwood Adams, Fazolo, Elliot, Broomhead, Varcoe, Blair and Crisp.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 2:26 pm

Well, if he can run through the midfield, get lots of contested ball, kick goals from 70m out and get 3 goals per game, he's ahead of almost all of them, isn't he?
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 2:35 pm
Post subject: Re: Has Karnezis turned the corner?Reply with quote

RudeBoy wrote:
I watched the VFL game on TV and was mightily impressed with PK's game. Playing as a midfielder, he got heaps of the ball, tackled hard, was in and under, and as usual, contributed goals as well. He just seemed to be playing with more intensity than I've seen before, and seemed to be a lot fitter. A few weeks ago I was prepared to see him de-listed at the end of the season, but now i'm beginning to think his future may lie in the midfield. On yesterday's game alone, I'd just about give a game against the Swans this week, playing him on the ball. What do others think?

Think his form has been pretty consistent at VFL level and thought he was unlucky not to get a run in the Melbourne game ahead of Seedsman in particular and To a lesser extent Dwyer.

Think he is another preseason away from having a real crack at senior level so happy to be patient. Hopefully the rumor he's already advised the club he won't be there in 2016 doesn't come to fruition.
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 2:37 pm

Doesn't look to have the engine or the pace to be a mid at senior level, neither does he have the strength to play the role he did in the VFL. His VFL performance was impressive, but put alongside his poor senior appearances and other largely underwhelming VFL games, I'm not sure it's enough. Will be a chance to get another opportunity, but one good VFL games isn't overly exciting, Kennedy's had plenty of them.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 2:40 pm

Be careful not to underestimate Kennedy's ability, Inky - most of what happened to him against the Welfare looked to be psychological, rather than physical.
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 2:54 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
Well, if he can run through the midfield, get lots of contested ball, kick goals from 70m out and get 3 goals per game, he's ahead of almost all of them, isn't he?

Yep. But he'd still be well behind me if I could run through the midfield, get lots of contested ball, lay three good tackles a quarter, kick goals from 80m out, set up 5 goals per game and roost three or four myself.

Pies2016 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 3:14 pm

Thanks for asking but '' NO ''
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 3:17 pm

Tannin wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:

Yep. But he'd still be well behind me if I could run through the midfield, get lots of contested ball, lay three good tackles a quarter, kick goals from 80m out, set up 5 goals per game and roost three or four myself.

Well, yes. Given your age and years away from a registered club, you'd be one of those special (is it "category B"?) rookies. Where do we sign? Shocked
Darkstranger 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 3:31 pm

Dave The Man wrote:

Gee you talk rubbish sometimes, has quit has he, who told you that? Haven't read it anywhere, not on the Pies website? Not in the papers? Why is it that you know ahead of others?

As you commonly say, source?????

Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 3:33 pm

Darkstranger wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:

Gee you talk rubbish sometimes, has quit has he, who told you that? Haven't read it anywhere, not on the Pies website? Not in the papers? Why is it that you know ahead of others?

+1, just trawled through the bowels of Big Footy and couldn't find anything (unless it was said in some random thread I can't find).
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 3:43 pm

Darkstranger wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:

unverified, i am led to believe it was pk's cousin who said pk will refuse the next contract the pies offer.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6   

Jump to: