Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Brett Ratten's son killed in car crash

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 7:46 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Jezza wrote:
swoop42 wrote:
I feel sorry for the Ratten family and for Brett who by all accounts is a quality person.

His son.

Meh.

I share the same sentiments as well Swoop no matter how cold or apathetic it may come across.

I do feel for Brett Ratten but his son by all accounts was far from an angel.

Different people mature at different rates. Being an utter twank at 16 doesn't mean you'll always be one, sometimes it takes a few years and a little luck staying alive til then to reach the point. This kid never gets the chance, because he made a dumb decision that heaps of teenagers before him have made.

piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:38 pm

ANNODAM wrote:
Sad day for the Ratten family I agree.
For them this is the beginning of a life sentence of pain & heartbreak.

It's over with Cooper now that he's gone but his loved ones left behind are the ones who will be picking up the pieces & will suffer for the rest of their lives.

Just a terrible shame & a waste.

True dat girlfriend.
Life sentence of pain & heartbreak sums it up. Sad

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 12:22 am

stui magpie wrote:
Different people mature at different rates. Being an utter twank at 16 doesn't mean you'll always be one, sometimes it takes a few years and a little luck staying alive til then to reach the point. This kid never gets the chance, because he made a dumb decision that heaps of teenagers before him have made.

Maybe I was harsh Stui but if you read around online about this kid, he wasn't just a stupid 16 year old smoking a few joints here and there he was caught up with the law in various other ways as Swoop was insinuating earlier.

Who knows, maybe he would have matured and finally realised that his behaviour was causing him issues and he needed to smarten up so it's a pity in that sense that he'll never been afforded that opportunity but I think most of us are grateful that no one else was hurt especially with the way the boys were driving erratically just before the accident.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: