Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Carlton Player Exodus

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL

View previous topic :: View next topic  
inxs88 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 12:06 am
Post subject: Carlton Player ExodusReply with quote

Ah isn't it great. Looks like the Blues shall lose:

* Henderson (Cats)
* Yarran (Tigers)
* Menzel (Crows likely)
* Kreuzer (Bulldogs or Pies)
* Walker (shall be packaged with Henderson to Cats)
* Bell (Lions)

Arguably all in their best 10 players. Combined with their recent loss of Waite, Betts, Garlett, Fevola etc....

But I guess with the 3 year deal to Liam Jones, the head hunting and securing of Tutt and Thomas plus the retention of messrs Armfield, Ellard, Rowe, White and Wood they should be okay!

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 12:16 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

It's great to witness this but Carlton actually needs high draft picks if they're going to go in the right direction so I think they're happy to offload some of their better players.

However in saying that I still laugh at the recruitments of Liam Jones, Jason Tutt and Dale Thomas! Everyone warned them that they would be an absolute disaster but Carlton's stubbornness and delusion that they were a better side than they were has blown up in their faces and Malthouse contributed heavily to this delusion.

Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 12:29 am

Mick did a sterling job at Carlton.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 12:38 am

Add Judd to the list of players they have lost. Not the master of old in his last couple of years, to be sure, but still good enough even in 2015 to have walked into the starting 22 of any club in the comp, and one of Carlton's best 3, never mind best 10.

So if we take Inxs88's assessment of the others he lists at face value, that gives us Judd, Henderson, Yarran, Menzel, Kreuzer, Walker, and Bell - 7 out of their best 10.

Is there an experienced senior coach looking for a handy nest egg to retire on? Just take the Carlton position on with a four year contract, coach them to another spoon or two (not that you'll have a choice, given their list), then walk away with the payout and never have to work again. I'd take the job myself!

(OK, some other poor bastard has already strapped himself into the hot seat. Still, we can always start queuing up to be his replacement. How long do you reckon he'll last?)

SwansWay 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:36 am

I actually like Brendan Bolton. I think Carlton will end up destroying him like it does to everyone else. Carlton, destroyer of reputations.
Bucks5 Capricorn

Nicky D - Parting the red sea

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:36 pm

To be honest, I'd prefer that they keep their flawed players. They could fluke another player of the ilk of Cripps in exchange for their rubbish.
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 7:59 pm

Tannin wrote:

Is there an experienced senior coach looking for a handy nest egg to retire on? Just take the Carlton position on with a four year contract, coach them to another spoon or two (not that you'll have a choice, given their list), then walk away with the payout and never have to work again. I'd take the job myself!

Scene: Admin reception at Pigsarse Park...

secretary: Mr.Tannin I presume - here about the senior coaching job?

Tannin: Yes, thank you miss - how could you tell?

secretary: Oh, by the random series of knives sticking out of your back...

qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 5:35 am

piedys wrote:
Tannin wrote:

Tannin. Oh don't be concerned about them Neil & JW have been doing that for years

Secretary, oh who are they ?

Tannin, there a couple of funnily ole former wannabe coaches who have been chasing my job at Collingwood

Secretary, oh your from Collingwood like Mick Madhouse ?
Tannin yes I am why ?

Secretary well actually he isn't popular here because he came in when we were around the 8 and left us battling for a spoon. He must have been a poor coach

Tannin, no he was a good coach we won a premiership under him and made another granny. He actually did the job he was paid for

Secretary, what we paid him to take us to the spoon ?

Tannin no Collingwood did best money we spent in years

Secretary oh that makes sense then. Well I guess us being Carlton we won't learn from our mistakes so I'm guessing I'll be calling you boss soon Mr Tannin. (Secretary flutters her eyelids and asks.) So Mr Tannin or can I call you coach are you married engaged have a significant other because I find you very attractive ?

Tannin sorry I'm not into beastiality well at least not why people may be watching
Dangles 

Balmey Army

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:08 am

SwansWay wrote:
I actually like Brendan Bolton. I think Carlton will end up destroying him like it does to everyone else. Carlton, destroyer of reputations.

Agree. If Carlton are building from scratch Bolton is doomed because their long suffering fans won't have the patience to wait another five years to see them play finals football. Eventually the board will cave in and sack Bolton to release some of the pressure. Just like they always do. Hope the Pies are smart enough not to do that to Bucks.
Cuthbert Collingwood Aquarius

Once was on fire, now all at sea

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:16 am

qldmagpie67 wrote:
piedys wrote:
Tannin wrote:

Tannin. Oh don't be concerned about them Neil & JW have been doing that for years

Secretary, oh who are they ?

Tannin, there a couple of funnily ole former wannabe coaches who have been chasing my job at Collingwood

Secretary, oh your from Collingwood like Mick Madhouse ?
Tannin yes I am why ?

Secretary well actually he isn't popular here because he came in when we were around the 8 and left us battling for a spoon. He must have been a poor coach

Tannin, no he was a good coach we won a premiership under him and made another granny. He actually did the job he was paid for

Secretary, what we paid him to take us to the spoon ?

Tannin no Collingwood did best money we spent in years

Secretary oh that makes sense then. Well I guess us being Carlton we won't learn from our mistakes so I'm guessing I'll be calling you boss soon Mr Tannin. (Secretary flutters her eyelids and asks.) So Mr Tannin or can I call you coach are you married engaged have a significant other because I find you very attractive ?

Tannin sorry I'm not into beastiality well at least not why people may be watching

Laughing Laughing Laughing

ANNODAM Gemini

Rebel Heart Tour - The Forum, Los Angeles 27/10/2015.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 8:22 pm

May their misery continue for eternity!

Suck shit Carlton!

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 6:16 pm

qldmagpie67 wrote:

Secretary ...so I'm guessing I'll be calling you boss soon Mr Tannin. (Secretary flutters her eyelids and asks.) So Mr Tannin or can I call you coach are you married engaged have a significant other because I find you very attractive ?

Tannin should just have slammed a brown paper bag over her head and taken one for the team.
Lord knows brown paper bags have been a stock inventory item at Carlton since the 70s.

Dyso

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: