Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Luke Hodge DUI

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dalyc Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:21 pm
Post subject: Luke Hodge DUIReply with quote

Will be interesting to see how the Hawks spin this.
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 5:30 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

nothing got spun. however, hodge has not received a suspension. if it were a lesser known, less capable player ...
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 9:17 am

^^^ Yes, 8 weeks for a $10 bet, nothing for doing something dangerous to the world at large.
mandy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 10:55 am

It was a pretty low range reading. I'm more than happy to let the law deal with it rather than his employer.
#SIDEBYSIDE
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 11:35 am

Over is over, you haven't seen the just a little bit over commercial?

The family in the car he could have wiped out would not have ended up just a little bit dead.

Cmon Hawks, make a stand

How many weeks off did Heath shaw get?

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 11:59 am

You're seriously comparing this to Heath Shaw? Give me a break.

Betting on the outcome of a game you're playing in is not even close to being in the same category as drink-driving. One is decidedly a matter for a football league to deal with; the other is decidedly not. Even when Heath Shaw did drink-drive (he's done it all, hasn't he!), he got a 2-match ban from the club*, not the league. So you couldn't possibly use a more irrelevant comparison if you tried.

*If I recall correctly, it only got extended to the rest of the season when it emerged that he had lied to the club about Didak being in the car.

Bucks5 Capricorn

Nicky D - Parting the red sea

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 1:09 pm

You would think the Hawks would offer some form of punishment especially when Cooper Ratten's funeral was just over a week ago, and drink driving played a big part in the boy's death.

Heater's suspension for the betting was imposed by the AFL not Collingwood.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 2:24 pm

^ That latter point was exactly what I was trying to say. Penalties for things like drink-driving are usually handed out by clubs, as was the case with Shaw and Didak, whereas betting scandals are handled by the league. The AFL won't step in here, I wouldn't imagine, so it's really Hawthorn's prerogative how they want to deal with this. I hope common sense will prevail and they'll let him off with a slap on the wrist.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 3:54 pm

David wrote:

Betting on the outcome of a game you're playing in is not even close to being in the same category as drink-driving. One is decidedly a matter for a football league to deal with; the other is decidedly not. Even when Heath Shaw did drink-drive (he's done it all, hasn't he!), he got a 2-match ban from the club*, not the league. So you couldn't possibly use a more irrelevant comparison if you tried.

*If I recall correctly, it only got extended to the rest of the season when it emerged that he had lied to the club about Didak being in the car.

Do you even bother reading the whole post before you slag it off?

Where did I mention the betting thing?

Where did I suggest the LEAGUE step in?

He may not be three times the limit like shaw was, but .068 is not 'just a little over" it's a lot over. And don't forget they allow margin for error, so he more than likely over .07. Also don't forget, he is suspended for a stupid nasty on field incident, he should have got more for, also don't forget he's the captain of the club, also don't forget it's finals next week, and while we are on it, he's 31, way past the stupid kid excuse. Not to mention one of his coaches sons was killed less than a month ago in a car crash caused by alcohol and other drugs.

I know you think everyone should be excused for breaking the law, after all, nobody got hurt, no free will and all that, Would you like to share your sympathy with my friend Robyn, the mother who's son Darren was killed by a drunk driver 15 years ago when he was just 17? The pain is still raw in her eyes. You never forget watching the casket go int o the ground.

Didn't think he was over? Didn't think he had drunk that much? Only 3 or 4 drinks? That's what everyone who gets caught says.

And that's what every one who doesn't get caught says, when they are looking in horror at the mangled bodies of the lives they have just cut short with their utter selfishness.

Cheers, hic

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 3:55 pm

David wrote:
^ That latter point was exactly what I was trying to say. Penalties for things like drink-driving are usually handed out by clubs, as was the case with Shaw and Didak, whereas betting scandals are handled by the league. The AFL won't step in here, I wouldn't imagine, so it's really Hawthorn's prerogative how they want to deal with this. I hope common sense will prevail and they'll let him off with a slap on the wrist.

FMFD, you are unbelievable.

He's captain of the family club, what a $£$%^%%$ joke

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 4:07 pm

It's an issue for the police not the AFL.

I wouldn't want one of our stars missing a final because of a club sanctioned penalty to appease a vocal minority on social media.

piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 6:09 pm

John Wren wrote:
nothing got spun. however, hodge has not received a suspension. if it were a lesser known, less capable player ...

JW, well he better hope Bruce McAvomit, Ranga Ling and Knob Carey are on the jury, so he walks out of court looking like the 2nd coming of Christ again.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 6:30 pm

swoop42 wrote:
It's an issue for the police not the AFL.

I wouldn't want one of our stars missing a final because of a club sanctioned penalty to appease a vocal minority on social media.

I won't think he should miss a game. But I do think there should be some club sanction beyond a beer money fine.

Rexy17 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 6:51 pm

The so called "Family Club" have missed the mark on this. Had a chance to make a huge statement, but just put their head in the sand. This after one of the family was killed recently.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 7:38 pm

think positive wrote:
David wrote:

Do you even bother reading the whole post before you slag it off?

Where did I mention the betting thing?

Where did I suggest the LEAGUE step in?

He may not be three times the limit like shaw was, but .068 is not 'just a little over" it's a lot over. And don't forget they allow margin for error, so he more than likely over .07. Also don't forget, he is suspended for a stupid nasty on field incident, he should have got more for, also don't forget he's the captain of the club, also don't forget it's finals next week, and while we are on it, he's 31, way past the stupid kid excuse. Not to mention one of his coaches sons was killed less than a month ago in a car crash caused by alcohol and other drugs.

I know you think everyone should be excused for breaking the law, after all, nobody got hurt, no free will and all that, Would you like to share your sympathy with my friend Robyn, the mother who's son Darren was killed by a drunk driver 15 years ago when he was just 17? The pain is still raw in her eyes. You never forget watching the casket go int o the ground.

Didn't think he was over? Didn't think he had drunk that much? Only 3 or 4 drinks? That's what everyone who gets caught says.

And that's what every one who doesn't get caught says, when they are looking in horror at the mangled bodies of the lives they have just cut short with their utter selfishness.

Cheers, hic

Absolutely nothing you just wrote has any relevance to what I posted.

He broke the law. Let the law deal with it. End of.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3   

Jump to: