Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Our cunning plan (IMO)

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 7:25 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

swoop42 wrote:
John Wren wrote:
i can't see sos giving up pick 2.

I guess Defenders point is they wont get it unless we offer Kreuzer enough coin to activate band 1.

As it stands they have pick 1.

Under his plan they end up with 1 and 7.

yes, yes. irrespective of that i still don't see sos parting with pick 2 if it comes his way.

neil Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:01 am

The only way to deal with Carscum is to offload physically ruined players Thomas McGuane etc
Do not go the other way and let them offload a crippled Kruezer on to us
If this stops them getting a compo pick then its a win win

Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:56 am

If your cunning plan is true it's called draft tampering and the penalties are severe.
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 2:23 pm

[quote="Damien"]If your cunning plan is true it's called draft tampering and the penalties are severe.[/quote

Rubbish, trade tampering perhaps? Not sure there's a rule against it.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
neil Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 2:27 pm

[quote="Defender"]
Damien wrote:
If your cunning plan is true it's called draft tampering and the penalties are severe.[/quote

Severe penalties apply and of course they will against us

partypie 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 3:51 pm

The Seedsmeister wrote:
Carlton are the world's biggest cheats and have no principles. What's to stop them from keeping pick 2 and telling us to stick it once Kruezer has been signed?

Remember when they were trading Fev and they said that Collingwood would need to pay twice as much as any other team before they'd deal with us.

Ha. They actually did us a big favour on that one.

I really don't get the enthusiasm for Kruezer - a really good player when fit - but has spent most of his career injured.
Domesticated_Ape Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:41 pm

Defender wrote:
Damien wrote:
If your cunning plan is true it's called draft tampering and the penalties are severe.

It's still called draft tampering because draft picks are involved. There certainly are rules against it.

Very hard to prove though. Cool
E 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 1:19 am
Post subject: Re: Our cunning plan (IMO)Reply with quote

Defender wrote:
Something Barrett said on radio got me to thinking, he said we're brokering a deal with Carlton to help land us AT, so anyway I was racking my brain thinking how could or would Carlton possibly help us, then it hit me, we'll be helping each other, here's how.

Kruz isn't worth 600k a year, but for the scum to get band 1 compo that's what he'll have to get, so, we give him the 600kpa triggering band 1 for the scum (pick 2), we then trade our pick 8 and a couple of fringe players for that pick 2, we then send pick 2 to GWS for AT.

Might sound like Carlton are being shafted, but, if they didn't agree to it they would be stuck with a second rounder for Kruz, everyone's a winner.

so why would Carlton try so hard to get a number 2 pick and then trade it for a couple of fringe players? when someone wins, someone also obviously loses!

E 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 1:25 am
Post subject: Re: Our cunning plan (IMO)Reply with quote

E wrote:
Defender wrote:
Something Barrett said on radio got me to thinking, he said we're brokering a deal with Carlton to help land us AT, so anyway I was racking my brain thinking how could or would Carlton possibly help us, then it hit me, we'll be helping each other, here's how.

Kruz isn't worth 600k a year, but for the scum to get band 1 compo that's what he'll have to get, so, we give him the 600kpa triggering band 1 for the scum (pick 2), we then trade our pick 8 and a couple of fringe players for that pick 2, we then send pick 2 to GWS for AT.

Might sound like Carlton are being shafted, but, if they didn't agree to it they would be stuck with a second rounder for Kruz, everyone's a winner.

so why would Carlton try so hard to get a number 2 pick and then trade it for a couple of fringe players? when someone wins, someone also obviously loses!

I think the only reason to pay Kreutzer a lot of money is because Carlton have made it clear that they will pay him what it takes to match a second round draft qualifying offer (as is their right). the real truth is that if a team wants Kreutzer, Carlton will only allow it if it nets them a number 2 draft pick.

What Carlton do with their number 2 pick after that is up to them, but if a number 2 pick is enough to land Treloar, I'd be shocked if Carlton give it up for a fringe player.

Anyway, I heard the medical may not have gone so well, so pies might be looking at others at this point.

I suspect the pies have decided they need a more mobioe second ruck option as Gruindy and Witts, while both good, prefer the same role so they cant really ever be at their best in the same team. Pies probably sense that there is real value in moving one of them and are rightly chosing Grundy over Witts as Grundy is the better option IMO.

would be great to keep witts, but a team has to use its value to create the best team it can, and not simply sit on talent for the sake of it. a competent ruck is important in the modern game, but fyfe wins games of footy for Freo, not Sandilands.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3   

Jump to: