Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Gun laws in USA??

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 46, 47, 48  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 11:28 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

David wrote:
Could American gun laws really get any worse, though? I struggle to think how.

Funny thing is I didn't know Nevada was as open carry state, I wandered round vegas at all hours and never felt unsafe.

I was a tad surprised to see shopping mall security armed to the teeth but I like guns so rather than freak out I had to resist walking up and asking them if I could please have a look at their hand cannon Embarassed

Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 11:40 pm

An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.

Robert A. Heinlein
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 1:08 am

Wokko wrote:
An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.

Robert A. Heinlein

Sounds great.. but, if you add; meth, alcohol, lunatics that our legal system let roam the streets (supported by do gooding lunatics that live in a bubble) & many other oxygen thiefs, that are amongst us ....... it'd be an insane blood bath!

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 2:07 am

Wokko wrote:

Robert A. Heinlein

Translation: in a society ruled by fear of death, people don't talk shit to each other. Yep, sounds like a real utopia. Talk about freedom of speech!

Skids Cancer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 10:12 pm

Interesting...

Chicago’s problem isn’t guns; it’s gangs. Gun control efforts in Chicago or any other major city are doomed because gangs represent organized crime networks which stretch down to Mexico. And Democrats pander to those gangs because it helps them get elected. That's why Federal gun prosecutions in Chicago dropped sharply under Obama. It's why he has set free drug dealers and gang members to deal and kill while convening town halls on gun violence.

America’s murder rate isn’t the work of the suburban and rural homeowners who shop for guns at sporting goods stores and at gun shows, and whom the media profiles after every shooting, but by the gangs embedded in urban areas controlled by Democrats. The gangs who drive up America’s murder rate look nothing like the occasional mentally ill suburban white kid who goes off his medication and decides to shoot up a school. Lanza, like most serial killers, is a media aberration, not the norm.

National murder statistics show that blacks are far more likely to be killers than whites and they are also far more likely to be killed. The single largest cause of homicides is the argument. 4th on the list is juvenile gang activity with 676 murders, which combined with various flavors of gangland killings takes us nearly to the 1,000 mark. America has more gangland murders than Sierra Leone, Eritrea and Puerto Rico have murders. -

See more at: http://sultanknish.blogspot.com.au/#sthash.Lo6w22cB.dpuf

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 10:20 pm

^ Again with the stupid binaries — "the problem isn't guns; it's gangs". The problem is gangs, and the problem is $£$%^%%$ gangs having easy access to $£$%^%%$ guns (and everybody else, too). It's not rocket science.

As for their ethnic background, it goes without saying that violence often accompanies poverty and disadvantage. Democrats are the ones who are actively trying to confront those issues, not the Republicans (of which this blogger is undoubtedly one). His philosophy, on the other hand, seems to be lock 'em all up and give the rest of them guns to play with. It's worked so well up until now, so why not?

Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 10:40 pm

Yep, the Democrats are sure confronting those issues in Detroit, Chicago, Baltimore and DC. Rolling Eyes
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 11:05 pm

Who else do you see trying to raise the minimum wage, increase funding and access to social services, etc.? I'm not saying you have to agree with the Democrats ideologically, but if you want to reduce poverty (and the gun crime that accompanies it) I don't see why you'd vote for anyone else.

What's the Republican plan for decreasing gun violence, again? Do they have one?

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 11:09 pm

I don't have to do whatever you say. I have my own free will.
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 9:10 pm

Large image but worth the look. If mods want to turn it into a link instead of an img then feel free (or tell me to do it) Laughing

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 9:21 pm

Interesting stats.

I've got one of these hanging on each side of the bed. Burglars beware.

Skids Cancer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 10:53 pm

I need a like button for Wokkos post!

Makes sense, a drug fuelled home invader is gunna think twice if old Mrs Jones might have a pistol to sort him out, now he knows shes got nothing to protect herself. Or hopefully he doesn't and gets a bit of lead in his arse!

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 5:00 am

^ http://blog.skepticallibertarian.com/2013/01/12/fact-checking-ben-swann-is-the-uk-really-5-times-more-violent-than-the-us/

If you cannot trust someone to represent very basic comparative statistics carefully and properly, it is hard to tale the rest of his argument seriously....

And I agree fully, David. Psychos who might shoot up schools are a problem. Psychos who might shoot up schools and who have a high-powered gun handy in the house ... they are a really, really big problem.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 11:21 am

Thanks for posting that, Mugwump. Good to see even people on the 'gun rights' side like that guy calling out bullshit from his fellow travellers.
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:48 pm

So because ONE statistic, shown in the picture as being sourced from the Daily Telegraph was found to be incorrect it invalidates the rest of the sourced information? What piffle.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/01/17/florida-sheriff-better-to-have-a-gun-in-your-hand-than-a-cop-on-the-phone/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 46, 47, 48  Next
Page 2 of 48   

Jump to: