Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Gun laws in USA??

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 46, 47, 48  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 8:40 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

think positive wrote:
Not sure this is in the right thread. Hunting deer makes me feel physically ill, however its legal. I have a friend who hunts for food, she can’t afford to eat otherwise, (yes I know you can live without meat) I don’t comment on or put likes, dislikes or anything on her occasional hunting posts, but I have noticed her and her friends take pride from single shot kills. Surely less traumatic than a cow at an abattoir. Hunting for food is far different from hunting for trophies IMO. I wouldn’t do it, not a gun fan at all, at least the meat is feeding people.
I don’t get duck hunting, rabbit shooting, wild pig hunting, hunting kangaroos, any of it, but you can buy kangaroo meat at coles. Killing animals is not a sport. Should not be. I find this very conflicting to be honest.

Last night a wore a leather jacket, cow leather, is that any better than deer leather? Did that cow donate his skin? Hardly. Who doesn’t own at least one thing made of leather?

Animal cruelty is equal to child abuse on my scale off things I hate the most. But I’m not a vegetarian. And I love my leather jackets.

We're gunna make a fine vegan out of you yet.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:05 am

This time the shootings in New Jersey were done by a couple of religious nutters one of whom was a former member (? current member) of a splinter group from the "Black Hebrew Israelites": one part of this group were black supremacists and identified as a race hate group by the Southern Poverty Law Centre in the US

https://heavy.com/news/2019/12/francine-graham/

https://www.timesofisrael.com/suspected-jersey-city-gunman-said-to-have-railed-against-jews-online/

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:11 am

Selfish gutless arseholes, using religion as an excuse, rot in hell
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 6:23 pm

think positive wrote:
Not sure this is in the right thread. Hunting deer makes me feel physically ill, however its legal. I have a friend who hunts for food, she can’t afford to eat otherwise, (yes I know you can live without meat) I don’t comment on or put likes, dislikes or anything on her occasional hunting posts, but I have noticed her and her friends take pride from single shot kills. Surely less traumatic than a cow at an abattoir. Hunting for food is far different from hunting for trophies IMO. I wouldn’t do it, not a gun fan at all, at least the meat is feeding people.
I don’t get duck hunting, rabbit shooting, wild pig hunting, hunting kangaroos, any of it, but you can buy kangaroo meat at coles. Killing animals is not a sport. Should not be. I find this very conflicting to be honest.

Last night a wore a leather jacket, cow leather, is that any better than deer leather? Did that cow donate his skin? Hardly. Who doesn’t own at least one thing made of leather?

Animal cruelty is equal to child abuse on my scale off things I hate the most. But I’m not a vegetarian. And I love my leather jackets.

Every sporting shooter aims for a single shot kill with no suffering for the animal.

When I used to go Duck hunting, you'd gather the ducks, clean and dress them and eat them. I used to mainly shoot on the rice, the farmers would give you the shells because the ducks could do serious damage to the rice crop when it was still at germination stage.

Rabbits and pigs are feral introduced species that damage the environment and are also quite tasty. I think being shot would be preferable to dying of Mixo.

I'd happily shoot foxes or feral cats for fun. They kill for sport, it's poetic justice.

I completely understand that it's not for everyone. Many people find it horrible but people who grow up with it, those not living in cities, it's just part of life.

During WWII there was food rationing and, for some obscure reason, people weren't allowed to raise their own food at home. Having chooks was breaking the law. Confused

At 10 years of age, my grandfather would give my dad a short, single shot, bolt action .22 rifle and 3 bullets. If he didn't come home with 3 headshot rabbits for dinner he'd get in trouble.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 6:24 pm

watt price tully wrote:
This time the shootings in New Jersey were done by a couple of religious nutters one of whom was a former member (? current member) of a splinter group from the "Black Hebrew Israelites": one part of this group were black supremacists and identified as a race hate group by the Southern Poverty Law Centre in the US

https://www.timesofisrael.com/suspected-jersey-city-gunman-said-to-have-railed-against-jews-online/

Hang on, I thought it was only White supremacists who did this stuff.

Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:45 pm

stui magpie wrote:
watt price tully wrote:

Hang on, I thought it was only White supremacists who did this stuff.

This was always going to be the case, it was Coulter's Law in action when we didn't hear about evil white supremacists. The media will go very quiet on this one now.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:25 pm

[quote="stui magpie"][quote="watt price tully"]This time the shootings in New Jersey were done by a couple of religious nutters one of whom was a former member (? current member) of a splinter group from the "Black Hebrew Israelites": one part of this group were black supremacists and identified as a race hate group by the Southern Poverty Law Centre in the US

https://www.timesofisrael.com/suspected-jersey-city-gunman-said-to-have-railed-against-jews-online/[/quote]

Hang on, I thought it was only White supremacists who did this stuff.[/quote]

Mostly by white supremacists indeed, that’s why this one stands out. Trump is even handed though; he’s helped to create a climate where hate crimes including mass shooting is more commonplace.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2020 5:30 pm

Hmmmmmmmmmmm.

Those of you who break out in spots reading the Guardian can just watch the embedded video.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/mar/02/jackie-lacey-husband-gun-black-lives-matter-la
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2020 7:26 pm

Or I can just google the name and see what a real news source says.

Quote:
Black Lives Matter protesters who gathered outside the home of Los Angeles County District Attorney Jackie Lacey early Monday were met by her husband, who waved a gun at them and told them to leave.

Lacey apologized for the incident, but mentioned death threats she's received and the times she's been followed and confronted.
The incident was videotaped by a Black Lives Matter member and is posted on social media.

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/03/02/us/los-angeles-county-da-jackie-lacey-husband-black-lives-matter-gun/index.html

Very unclear WTF this has to do with white supremacists considering both her and her husband appear to be black. Confused

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2020 8:45 pm

This is the gun laws thread. What’s your problem. Meanwhile, the real issue here is that the guy pulled a gun on peaceful protesters (yes, they knew they were peaceful protesters because they have very, very good security arrangements at their house) and has committed a series of crimes (it’s actually illegal to point a loaded weapon at people, however satisfying it may appear) of the type his wife has been complicit in enforcing selectively against minorities. It will be interesting to see how many years he gets. He’s, of course, “very apologetic” in the way some Americans seem to be when they are caught red-handed on film doing something that is so dangerously crazy (unhinged Presidents and members of their immediate families excepted, naturally).
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2020 9:48 pm

It may be illegal to point a loaded gun at someone in Victoria (without looking at the crimes act, I'm unconvinced that it's not simply stupid) but I suggest you brush up on California law.

If his wife had received death threats and he had a reasonable suspicion they were under threat, he was entitled to use deadly force to protect their lives and property.

Several US states have self defence laws that could be described as "kill first, ask the corpse why, later"

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2020 12:03 am

Watch the video, listen to his words and have another go.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2020 1:12 am

Don’t know what the law is but don’t blame them! That would be scary, did they call the cops? A mod is a mob is a mob
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2020 7:02 am

They weren't a "mob". They were peaceful protesters protesting the political actions of an elected official.
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:47 am

30 people rocking up to a politician's private residence is indeed a mob. Considering the violence perpetuated by that organization I don't blame the guy at all. What else could he do against 30 angry people if they turned violent other than become a victim?

Good on him, maybe those thugs will think twice about accosting people at home.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 46, 47, 48  Next
Page 38 of 48   

Jump to: