Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Gun laws in USA??

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 39, 40, 41 ... 46, 47, 48  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 7:23 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

think positive wrote:
bloody hell (but gees with the guns they have they must be shit shots)

https://www.ctvnews.ca/world/7-killed-more-than-40-injured-in-10-mass-shootings-across-the-u-s-over-the-weekend-1.5478749

speaking of bloody hell all the knife attacks in oz right now WTF,

Imagine going to the shops here, everyone is carrying a gun. You walk into a shop without doing the QR code check in. Some busybody sees that, yellsnout Oi Bitch and shoots you,which prompts someone else to get offended and shoot them, which prompts.....chain reaction.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2022 10:13 am

Quote:
Two days before the start of summer break, an 18-year-old man opened fire at an elementary school in Uvalde, Texas, on Tuesday, killing 14 students and one teacher, Gov. Greg Abbott said.

Uvalde Consolidated Independent School District police Chief Pete Arredondo said there also were multiple injuries from a "mass casualty incident" at Robb Elementary in Uvalde. The gunman is believed to have acted alone and is dead, he said.

https://edition.cnn.com/2022/05/24/us/uvalde-texas-elementary-school-shooting/index.html

I heard on the radio unconfirmed, that the dead students are all in the Grade 2-4 range. Little kids. Sad

While you're processing that, let this sink in.

Quote:
This marks at least the 30th shooting at a K-12 school in 2022.

that's 30. This year. 2022. And just K-12 schools. Shocked Crying or Very sad

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2022 10:24 am

Unfathomable and intolerable. In a sane world there would be a nationwide general strike until as many guns as possible have been seized and destroyed.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2022 10:43 am

dont worry thoughts and prayers are all thats needed apparently.

that and armed security guards in every school.

they really dont see how bizarre it is to utter that.

honestly, this is the second week in a row ive been dumb enough to engage in one of these threads, and the kids from last week are already forgotten by these $Ł$%^%%$ fools and their precious $Ł$%^%%$ guns!!

madness.

those poor children and their poor parents. The bullet proof shields they have built into their school bags only work if the school bag is close enough and they manage to use it. all those kids.... $Ł$%^%%$ hell

roar 

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2022 2:37 pm

David wrote:
Unfathomable and intolerable. In a sane world there would be a nationwide general strike until as many guns as possible have been seized and destroyed.

Understandable response but not practical or worthwhile.

Need to look at why this is happening, and I don't believe it's simply a matter of gun availability. The US, as a nation, has deep psychological issues that can't be fixed quickly, and won't be fixed at all until enough of them admit there is a problem.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2022 3:25 pm

^

Apart from availability of guns, I'm not sure you can pin down a single or even a top 5 list of reasons. The US is a big joint and hardly has a uniform culture.

This is worth a look. https://www.gunviolencearchive.org/

A Mass Shooting is defined as an event where 4 or more people are killed/injured. So far in 2022 there's been more than 1 event per day.

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2022 4:08 pm

David wrote:

The horse has bolted on the issue of gun control when you have 400 million guns in a population of 300 million. This is what the American people have wanted and voted for over the past 200+ years.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2022 4:16 pm

The biggest problem is that the NRA will “go to war” if they ban guns. They have donated funds to the republicans party for years and the party will just about fall apart without this I’ll(mainly right wing) support. So it has also been a political problem as well as a security problem. I have always thought that the perfect time to take action against guns was after the Sandy Hook shootings of little kids. That they couldn’t do it then showed just how powerful the US gun lobby is. Sadly it’s a monumental problem that won’t go away.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2022 4:24 pm

Lazza wrote:
The biggest problem is that the NRA will “go to war” if they ban guns. They have donated funds to the republicans party for years and the party will just about fall apart without this I’ll(mainly right wing) support. So it has also been a political problem as well as a security problem. I have always thought that the perfect time to take action against guns was after the Sandy Hook shootings of little kids. That they couldn’t do it then showed just how powerful the US gun lobby is. Sadly it’s a monumental problem that won’t go away.

In a nutshell.

On the six road trips I’ve done I’ve talked to many people about the guns, and none of them have wanted them not one. I have one nutjob friend on Facebook carrying on about it, but the rest don’t want it, it’s mystifying how the nra is so powerful. Someone should go wipe them out! It’s disgusting. Truly disgusting.

I’ve made no secret of my love for the states, but I’m pretty much done with trips there, just one more planned in a couple of years. And I won’t be going lower than Montana, or maybe Charlotte raceway. I want to go back to Yellowstone and grand Teton, and drive up to Canada. I’d love another Coca Cola 600 weekend at Charlotte, but that’s it. It makes me so $Ł$%^%%$ sad.

Trump, and his bullshit covid non action, and the guns, yeah, the US is Ł$%$ed until they get someone with the guts to do something.

Rights? What about the rights of others?

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2022 6:30 pm

Lazza wrote:

The National Rifle Association is pleased to announce that former President Donald Trump will headline a star-studded cast of political heavyweights at the NRA Institute for Legislative Action (NRA-ILA) Leadership Forum on Friday, May 27, at the George R. Brown Convention Center in Houston.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2022 7:24 pm

What'sinaname wrote:
Lazza wrote:

The National Rifle Association is pleased to announce that former President Donald Trump will headline a star-studded cast of political heavyweights at the NRA Institute for Legislative Action (NRA-ILA) Leadership Forum on Friday, May 27, at the George R. Brown Convention Center in Houston.

Hmm, a little vengeance could be justice

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2022 9:36 pm

Great Video:

https://twitter.com/warriors/status/1529246789290934272?s=20&t=tql_XKmumPPjwXSl-etK5Q

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2022 10:20 pm

think positive wrote:

In a nutshell.

On the six road trips I’ve done I’ve talked to many people about the guns, and none of them have wanted them not one. I have one nutjob friend on Facebook carrying on about it, but the rest don’t want it, it’s mystifying how the nra is so powerful. Someone should go wipe them out! It’s disgusting. Truly disgusting.

Yeah it's funny. I'm a gun owner and it only registered with me that I was in a different world when I was in Texas (which is an open carry state) and saw signs at the baseball stadium and a couple of bars prohibiting bringing in guns.

I mean, WTF? Sorry mate, you can't bring your M16 or Uzi into the game, but you're welcome to take it to Walmart or Walgreens. Pick up a sandwich and some ammo while you're there.

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2022 10:39 pm

stui magpie wrote:
think positive wrote:

In a nutshell.

Yeah it's funny. I'm a gun owner and it only registered with me that I was in a different world when I was in Texas (which is an open carry state) and saw signs at the baseball stadium and a couple of bars prohibiting bringing in guns.

I mean, WTF? Sorry mate, you can't bring your M16 or Uzi into the game, but you're welcome to take it to Walmart or Walgreens. Pick up a sandwich and some ammo while you're there.

No one is allowed M16’s or Uzi’s
Woods Of Ypres 

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2022 12:57 am

depends on which state
pretty sure you are allowed uzi and assault rifles in Texas
you can even get full auto versions with a little extra paperwork
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 39, 40, 41 ... 46, 47, 48  Next
Page 40 of 48   

Jump to: