Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre match: Magpies v. Demons. All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 25, 26, 27  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 6:40 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Bob Sugar wrote:
Does it matter? We need a new coach, nothing will change until we get one.

Yep new leadership, a thumping may sadly help the cause, give us something to play for the next week! Oh god I don't want to lose Anzac Day

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 7:13 pm

Melbourne have Garlett to fit in & will likely debut Petracca.
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 7:18 pm

For the first time, I'd actually be happy to see us lose and lose well if that's what's needed for a new coach. We just can't keep pretending that somehow Buckley will develop a premiership contender.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 7:26 pm

What'sinaname wrote:
For the first time, I'd actually be happy to see us lose and lose well if that's what's needed for a new coach. We just can't keep pretending that somehow Buckley will develop a premiership contender.

if thats your attitude, to actually want us too lose, you may as well bugger off to some other team, a long long life magpies supporter, not once have i ever wanted us to lose or drop a game, this is beyond the pale. Ive had enough of this shit, im logging off Nicks for the week, and wont be back, fed up with this negative bile and loser attitude, three games in, and the shirkers have jumped ship already, ive had a gutful, im outa here until these rabid doomsayers back off a bit. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Confused Confused

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
SteveH67 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 7:35 pm

Only the Lions will have conceded more pts against after this round.

Granted we got smashed by the Swans in Rd1.

3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 7:42 pm

People been scared by Melbourne what has the world come to.

www.facebook/the hybernators
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 8:14 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
What'sinaname wrote:

if thats your attitude, to actually want us too lose, you may as well bugger off to some other team, a long long life magpies supporter, not once have i ever wanted us to lose or drop a game, this is beyond the pale. Ive had enough of this shit, im logging off Nicks for the week, and wont be back, fed up with this negative bile and loser attitude, three games in, and the shirkers have jumped ship already, ive had a gutful, im outa here until these rabid doomsayers back off a bit. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Confused Confused

joke or not, this is the same person who suggested he wanted cloke to die so we could reset the forward line. Rolling Eyes

WarrenerraW 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 8:27 pm

John Wren wrote:
WarrenerraW wrote:
We'll need a miracle to beat the deez next week. They run, chase and tackle hard while we're slow, sloppy and incompetent. They go man on man and move the ball in quick.

It's about smooth, fast transition on the pill. Is bucks the only coach who doesn't get it? This is how the game is played now. There's simply no time to piss fart around with it or zone off into space while your man leaves your sorry arse behind as you desperately run to catch his tail.

Every team has figured us out now. We might pinch a couple here and there but until we change the way we play, we're done for and will be unable to compete with anyone in the top 4 let alone the top 12 because we're simply not good enough.

your comments suggest you haven't been watching melbourne these last couple of weeks and not heard bucks bang on ad nauseum about wanting to be a fast transition side. then again, you suggested bucks had a career defining game in a practice match vs north in wagga.

Well they certainly move the ball a helluva lot quicker than us but then again, so does pretty much everyone in the competition. I'm sure Buck's would like the team to be a lot of things - including being a fast transitioning side. Fact of the matter is we're not that and will struggle to be unless something is done about the way we play. I stand by what I said about us being slow, sloppy and incompetent. No one can deny that.

Like I stated in a previous post, I love this club but I can't stand watching us play the way we are, particularly after such a promising pre season and the recruitment of some talented players. The players look lost and/or disinterested and our structures are falling apart. There is nothing about the way we're playing now to suggest that anything will improve between now and the end of the season.

I wish I had more optimism but I don't. I don't know if watched the dogs v hawks game today but they took it to them every step of the way. They showed passion, endeavour and a desire to win every contest. I don't see that with us, do you? I wished we played like that. Injuries have played some part but we've been too bad for too long.

As for Bucks' career defining (practice) game against north in wagga, that was pure sarcasm. Some get it, some don't.
John Wren Virgo

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 8:31 pm

WarrenerraW wrote:
John Wren wrote:
WarrenerraW wrote:
We'll need a miracle to beat the deez next week. They run, chase and tackle hard while we're slow, sloppy and incompetent. They go man on man and move the ball in quick.

It's about smooth, fast transition on the pill. Is bucks the only coach who doesn't get it? This is how the game is played now. There's simply no time to piss fart around with it or zone off into space while your man leaves your sorry arse behind as you desperately run to catch his tail.

Every team has figured us out now. We might pinch a couple here and there but until we change the way we play, we're done for and will be unable to compete with anyone in the top 4 let alone the top 12 because we're simply not good enough.

your comments suggest you haven't been watching melbourne these last couple of weeks and not heard bucks bang on ad nauseum about wanting to be a fast transition side. then again, you suggested bucks had a career defining game in a practice match vs north in wagga.

Well they certainly move the ball a helluva lot quicker than us but then again, so does pretty much everyone in the competition. I'm sure Buck's would like the team to be a lot of things - including being a fast transitioning side. Fact of the matter is we're not that and will struggle to be unless something is done about the way we play. I stand by what I said about us being slow, sloppy and incompetent. No one can deny that.

Like I stated in a previous post, I love this club but I can't stand watching us play the way we are, particularly after such a promising pre season and the recruitment of some talented players. The players look lost and/or disinterested and our structures are falling apart. There is nothing about the way we're playing now to suggest that anything will improve between now and the end of the season.

I wish I had more optimism but I don't. I don't know if watched the dogs v hawks game today but they took it to them every step of the way. They showed passion, endeavour and a desire to win every contest. I don't see that with us, do you? I wished we played like that. Injuries have played some part but we've been too bad for too long.

As for Bucks' career defining (practice) game against north in wagga, that was pure sarcasm. Some get it, some don't.

sarcasm does not work well if it is not immediately apparent.

i did watch the game this arvo. it was a cracker and the dogs are playing with a lot of confidence. it is something that our guys seem to lack right now.

Bucks5 Capricorn

Nicky D - Parting the red sea

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 8:44 pm
Post subject: Re: Pre match: Magpies v. DemonsReply with quote

John Wren wrote:
Sunday. May 17. MCG.

Collingwood v. Melbourne

Let's hear ya !!

-----------------------------

MAY 17? Cool, we have a whole month to get our act together??
John Wren Virgo

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 8:52 pm
Post subject: Re: Pre match: Magpies v. DemonsReply with quote

Bucks5 wrote:
John Wren wrote:
Sunday. May 17. MCG.

Collingwood v. Melbourne

Let's hear ya !!

-----------------------------

MAY 17? Cool, we have a whole month to get our act together??

always said a week is a long time in football.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 9:15 pm

John Wren wrote:
WarrenerraW wrote:
John Wren wrote:
WarrenerraW wrote:

sarcasm does not work well if it is not immediately apparent.

i did watch the game this arvo. it was a cracker and the dogs are playing with a lot of confidence. it is something that our guys seem to lack right now.

And why is that? They are good players, they have it in them, why is it not coming out? Where did it suddenly go?

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 9:19 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
What'sinaname wrote:

Sorry of that offends you, but I just hate watching the way the Pies play at the moment. It's not fun to watch us anymore and that's worse than the W-L ratio of the team.

Our team is worse to watch than Saints and Freo at their defensive prime when scoring 50 points was enough to win a game.
didick 

didick

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 9:24 pm

A few things tonight have given me a bit more hope than I felt last night and this morning. For example the doggies comparison thread. Then I think of Max Gawn. Not long ago I remember playing the dees and him being owned and playing shockers. Now all of a sudden we r scared of him. Worried about him as much if not more than any of their other players. But then I look up his age and he's 24. Wittsy is a year behind at 23. Grundy is 21!!! And Ceglar who is finding some straps is 25.
So we have an abundance of young talent, inexperienced and have not played much together as a team. Other teams that have started their rebuild before us are now seeing some results. It's going to be a long haul and we should lower our expectations.
I am just not sure Bucks will be there to bear the rewards. Just like McCartney.

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 9:25 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
What'sinaname wrote:

I tend to agree. Can't understand the glee of some posters at a loss, makes you wonder who they really barrack for. And I'm no longer surprised that those that forecast the biggest Pies win irrespective of the opposition are always those who spew the most venomous bile.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 25, 26, 27  Next
Page 3 of 27   

Jump to: