Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Good news on Swanny

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 8:23 pm
Post subject: Good news on SwannyReply with quote

Just reported on TV that, following his operation, the Pies think Swanny may be back earlier than previously expected.
Dangles 

Balmey Army

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 8:42 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Good stuff! The joint wouldn't be the same without him.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 8:48 pm

Seems like a bit of a media beat up.

All Balmey said was that there was no ankle damage which had been feared, and that the operation went extremely well, as good as could have been hoped. He then said it's probably still doubtful Swanny will be available this year, but we'll have to wait and see.
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 8:58 pm

I'll be happy if he is back at all ; forget this year, which can be dedicated to getting these delicate bones to knit tightly. If he goes on, I don't want him to become a shadow of the player that he was. Personally, I doubt that he'll ever be back after such a smash-up.
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 9:20 pm

He'll be back in time to win the Norm Smith! Wink
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 9:23 pm

Presti35 wrote:
He'll be back in time to win the Norm Smith! Wink

With a second premiership medal hanging beside it, that might do him.

35forever 

"I feel sick - dada dada dada da"

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 3:35 am

It almost makes me want to fall in a prelim!
Swan would definitely return if that happened. Then we dump Bucks, get Daisy and Heater back, and win 3 flags!

hey, one can dream!!!

All that matters this year is stopping Hawthorn, even if it gets us ten reports in the last H&A round.

-me, 2010
"The pies are going to the big dance!"-P.Daicos 2010
Visit My Website!
duke750 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 12:45 pm

All clubs need a player who is "out of the box". Swan is that type of player. Brownlow, Copelands, Anzac Medals, Premership medals...he would be forgiven for moving on n, but I hope that he plas in 2017 as we are more likely to get contenders then than in 2016
Johnno75 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 2:47 pm

I think what we do as a club this season will have a heavy influence on what Swan does next year. If we give it a decent crack he will probably play on. If we miss the finals he might stay in Vegas in the off season.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 3:00 pm

Johnno75 wrote:
I think what we do as a club this season will have a heavy influence on what Swan does next year. If we give it a decent crack he will probably play on. If we miss the finals he might stay in Vegas in the off season.

If we miss the finals, I might stay in Vegas in the off-season too. Cool
doriswilgus 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 3:58 pm

Talk about bad luck.Fancy getting a season ending injury in the first few minutes of a the first game of the year,and all because some Sydney clodhopper fell on top of him!I really hope he comes back next year.It would be a shame to see his career end this way.
themonk 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 4:21 pm

[quote="35forever"] Then we dump Bucks, get Daisy and Heater back, and win 3 flags!

hey, one can dream!!!
/quote]

I know you're trying to be funny but really?

Heater has a huge heart but little brains.

As for Daisy, no heart, no soul, let him rot.
35forever 

"I feel sick - dada dada dada da"

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 5:04 pm

Good god Themonk!
Heater is regarded as the best small defender in the game, and Daisy finally looks like he's truly fit for the first time since 2013. Against Sidley he was back in his element, though not at his best, obviously that will require a few rounds. But according to the AFL:
"After weeks of criticism much-maligned Blue Dale Thomas turned in what was probably his finest performance in his two seasons at Carlton.

Pretty good first up after a spell, of a year!

People forget how good those 2 were pre-Bucks. Daisy was undoubtedly our best in the 2010 finals, and was better the next year, when Lethal called him "Arguably the best player in the game". More importantly Collingwood played better when those two were the heart of the side. The culture, which Buckley & the media totally bullshitted about was the best in the game. But you are right, I don't think for one second any of this will happen.

More importantly, look at Buckley's graph. Down, down, down. From 1st to 12th. If the injuries continue, the graph will too. Wouldn’t that be great! We get selection or 3 to 6 in the draft, and hand it to GWS! Pray young Daicos maintains his current form!

-me, 2010
"The pies are going to the big dance!"-P.Daicos 2010
Visit My Website!
E 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 12:34 am

35forever wrote:
Good god Themonk!
Heater is regarded as the best small defender in the game, and Daisy finally looks like he's truly fit for the first time since 2013. Against Sidley he was back in his element, though not at his best, obviously that will require a few rounds. But according to the AFL:
"After weeks of criticism much-maligned Blue Dale Thomas turned in what was probably his finest performance in his two seasons at Carlton.

Pretty good first up after a spell, of a year!

People forget how good those 2 were pre-Bucks. Daisy was undoubtedly our best in the 2010 finals, and was better the next year, when Lethal called him "Arguably the best player in the game". More importantly Collingwood played better when those two were the heart of the side. The culture, which Buckley & the media totally bullshitted about was the best in the game. But you are right, I don't think for one second any of this will happen.

More importantly, look at Buckley's graph. Down, down, down. From 1st to 12th. If the injuries continue, the graph will too. Wouldn’t that be great! We get selection or 3 to 6 in the draft, and hand it to GWS! Pray young Daicos maintains his current form!

Agree on Heater, but we were rebuilding and adams is a gun. We gave up the last 5 years of heaters career for the next 12 of adams. I still think this was a win/win for both clubs - and given how uncompetitive we've been past few years, heater would not have made enough of a difference.

On daisy, I don't think anyone doubted he was a gun player when healthy. I think the decision was made that he might not get on the park enough to justify $700k per year for 4 years. as you say, this is his first good game in three years away from the club. I think its safe to say that our fears were well founded (which isnt to say that daisy isn't a gun footballer). In 2010 he was one of the best players in the entire league. Let's see how long he stays on the park.

i hate carlton 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 3:54 pm

I dont want Swanny back early, I want him back when he is effective over the long term. if that means round 1 2017 - great.

If that means he fronts up in three years for Port Melbourne - then Im good with that too.

Premiership legend.

He's kicking pineapples!

My favourite nicks thread (Laugh at Carlscum): http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/viewtopic.php?t=66021&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: