Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre Match. Pies v. Dons. Anzac Day. All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 26, 27, 28  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
duke750 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:02 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

We should be 0-4. If not desperate, then slightly concerned. A game that we would have clearly expected to win now is a real worry. Lose to Ess and the knives will really come out.

The team this week will depend on who is fit, ie Cloke, Sinclair, Reid, Marsh etc

We have no scoreboard pressure. Yes, the backs leak goals but it is much easier if the ball doesn't rebound out of the forward 50 every time it goes in.

Changes required:

Bring in Cox. Presence is a huge thing. We may need some height against Daniher anyway. Cloke will probably not come up, but if he does it seems that he needs to dominate a couple of VFL games to get confidence back.

Drop Blair. Bring in Broomhead.

Bring Frost back in, even though he doesn't know how to keep up with a leading forward. If Reid is OK drop Brown.

Wills should get a game and given a couple of weeks, rather than 1. Goodyear deserves a go. It sucks when they name debutants only to ease them out of the final 22 (same with Cox).

It won't happen, but Pendles needs to be given time off to fix his ribs. Either that, or teach him how to kick for goal and turn him into a permanent forward. (I agree that he isn't a leader, not sure who is in that team).

I have never been a fan of Toovey, and he, Blair, White and Macaffer should play the remainder of the season in the VFL.

Anyway, my 2 cents worth...

Number 35 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 5:04 am

Its time to roll the dice : One eye on the bombers one eye on the eagles!

We can do this, Anzac day is the day our kids need to make a name for themselves. Do or Die Football. Its risky because theres a bunch of veterans looking forward to playing their first Anzac game in Essendons top up players. But i feel we can win a close one and rest some vital players and get them to prepare for West Coast.

In: Broom Gold Cox Frost Mcaffer( Purely because i think his leadership with senior players missing will be more important than Blairs tenacity)

Out : Pendlebury(Rest) Cloke(Rest) Reid(Rest)
Blair (omitted) Crisp(Rest) Crisp last year was the leauges ranked 1 for pressure acts and third best and fairest. Needs to Rest and Pepare for an important role against Eagles.

Vs Essendon
BP:Frost FB:Brown BP:Sinclair
HB:Ox CHB:White HB:Toovey
C: Langdon Adams Aish
HF:Howe CHF:Moore HF:Fasolo
FP:Gold FF:Cox FP:Steele
Foll: Grundy Greenwood Treloar
Bench : McCaffer DeGoey Varcoe Broom

Vs: West Coast
BP:Frost FB:Brown BP:Toovey
HB:Ox CHB:Reid HB:Gold
C: Varcoe Adams Langdon
HF: Howe CHF:Cloke HF: Moore
FP: Fasolo FF:Cox FP: Steele
Foll : Grundy Pendlebury Treloar
Bench : De Goey Greenwood Crisp Aish or Broom

Number 35 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 5:04 am

Its time to roll the dice : One eye on the bombers one eye on the eagles!

We can do this, Anzac day is the day our kids need to make a name for themselves. Do or Die Football. Its risky because theres a bunch of veterans looking forward to playing their first Anzac game in Essendons top up players. But i feel we can win a close one and rest some vital players and get them to prepare for West Coast.

In: Broom Gold Cox Frost Mcaffer( Purely because i think his leadership with senior players missing will be more important than Blairs tenacity)

Out : Pendlebury(Rest) Cloke(Rest) Reid(Rest)
Blair (omitted) Crisp(Rest) Crisp last year was the leauges ranked 1 for pressure acts and third best and fairest. Needs to Rest and Pepare for an important role against Eagles.

Vs Essendon
BP:Frost FB:Brown BP:Sinclair
HB:Ox CHB:White HB:Toovey
C: Langdon Adams Aish
HF:Howe CHF:Moore HF:Fasolo
FP:Gold FF:Cox FP:Steele
Foll: Grundy Greenwood Treloar
Bench : McCaffer DeGoey Varcoe Broom

Vs: West Coast
BP:Frost FB:Brown BP:Toovey
HB:Ox CHB:Reid HB:Gold
C: Varcoe Adams Langdon
HF: Howe CHF:Cloke HF: Moore
FP: Fasolo FF:Cox FP: Steele
Foll : Grundy Pendlebury Treloar
Bench : De Goey Greenwood Crisp Aish or Broom

Rick Taurus

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:24 am

With so many players under performing, my concern is that the only players left to try will be debutants or guys coming back from injury. We also lack depth in key positions.

Outs: Crisp, Blair, Langdon, Cloke
Ins: Wills, Crocker, Broomhead, Cox
Monco Matt Aries

Do it to THEM before THEY do it to YOU

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:04 am

To even think about what might happen here makes me sick to the core. I'm taking $3.20 on SportsBet on the Dons, if we are going to put in another pathetic performance and lose then I am at least going to make some money from it. How sad.

MONCO: Your life.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:10 am

Rick wrote:
With so many players under performing, my concern is that the only players left to try will be debutants or guys coming back from injury. We also lack depth in key positions.

When Langdon wins the Copeland the third time, will people stop calling for him to be dropped?

I assume you've identified Cloke as injured - because no sane Collingwood supporter would want to drop him on form.
didick 

didick

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:14 am

Monco Matt wrote:
To even think about what might happen here makes me sick to the core. I'm taking $3.20 on SportsBet on the Dons, if we are going to put in another pathetic performance and lose then I am at least going to make some money from it. How sad.

I did that yesterday. $3.15 on the Dees.

Dangles 

Balmey Army

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:16 am

didick wrote:
Monco Matt wrote:

I remember hearing their odds quoted before the game and thought they were pretty generous given how well they played against North and how poorly we played against the Saints.
WarrenerraW 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:22 am

Cloke 'jagged' his elbow and struggled to even raise his arm yesterday.

Reid has a knee issue but I didn't hear how severe it was.

Sinclair was concussed.

There's three (possible) selection changes next week but hopefully they're all just minor and can be resolved during the week.

As for forced changes, well Bucks is talking about removing those who aren't putting in. (I wonder if that includes him). Anyway, we need stability in our dysfunctional backline so frost needs to come back in.

Broomhead must be close to making a senior return. He can run and crumb the footy in the forward line and that's what we're lacking. Our forward line is too tall and we don't have anyone quick to steal the ball and charge into goal.

Any first year players ready to make a debut? I haven't been following the vfl but could we see a surprise inclusion?

I think Bucks needs to pull out big Cox this week and show him off on the biggest stage of them all - the mcg. Slip him in and see how far he can go. He can slide in and out of the forward line and I think he's capable of rising to the occasion when needed. I don't think it's premature to release Cox into the seniors. He's had long enough. Time to shake things around now. He can thrust his way into defense and fill a hole down there when we're short on numbers. Bring it on!

Oh, and can we please drop Blair.

What's happening with maynard and goodyear? Are they fit?

Pendles is clearly injured but still fit to play.

I anticipate at least 3-4 changes with 'a big surprise inclusion'
didick 

didick

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:22 am

Dangles wrote:
didick wrote:
Monco Matt wrote:

I remember hearing their odds quoted before the game and thought they were pretty generous given how well they played against North and how poorly we played against the Saints.

Yes I couldn't understand it either. My wager was certainly not life changing, but I look at like this, if Pies win its a Pies win and I am happy, and if Dees win I get something out of a Pies loss.

With Essendon at $3.20 it's good value, particularly as I reckon the turmoil/pressure builds on CFC this week and the fact that Essendon really has nothing to lose. I would expect the odds on Essendon to shorten by game time.

ANNODAM Gemini

Rebel Heart Tour - The Forum, Los Angeles 27/10/2015.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:29 am

It's a sad day at the CFC, we have stooped so low I am finding it hard to focus as to when our next win will come.

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
Rick Taurus

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 12:40 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
Rick wrote:

When Langdon wins the Copeland the third time, will people stop calling for him to be dropped?

I assume you've identified Cloke as injured - because no sane Collingwood supporter would want to drop him on form.

Langdon looks devoid of confidence and looks disinterested at the moment. I'd like to see him provide more drive and carry out of the backline like he did in his first season. I just think he needs a spell/rest. A lot has been lumped onto his shoulders.

Clokes omittment based on injuries and form. As Bucks said, time to make a big call.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 12:45 pm

Mugwump wrote:
The challenge is all about execution, amd I assume that is what we are lacking right now.

Yep I agree. Execute half the current team and bloody maime the other half Twisted Evil Razz

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 1:22 pm

Well now, its Anzac day, and whilst i would never ever, compare war to a game of footy, we do truly have to go to "war "against the peptide Dons, this is not just a line in the sand game, this is one hell of a bloody big trench in the sand, and its over the top go the Pies !

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 1:34 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
Well now, its Anzac day, and whilst i would never ever, compare war to a game of footy, we do truly have to go to "war "against the peptide Dons, this is not just a line in the sand game, this is one hell of a bloody big trench in the sand, and its over the top go the Pies !

Indeed chief; and the aftermath could very well be bloody...

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 26, 27, 28  Next
Page 2 of 28   

Jump to: